Gotta new Helmet

TD-1536

Another TE2 here, thanks Guns!!!

While I didn't intentionally want to duplicate the "Move Along" helmet exactly, I did trim and assemble this one pretty much the same way. Everything down to the cap/face alignment, the eye cut outs, 13 stripes on the left side and 16 on the right - which are purposely misaligned. Even the sloppy paint job on all the gray traps is intentional and similar to the original. All of the paint chips are exact, but I added another 10% to taste. The lenses material is the standard green acetate and not the welders mask. The only thing I should do is paint the mic grills black.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

great work, mike!

i remember you writing in my build-up thread you would like to do another one...

yours is already done, and i´m still at the same point... life sucks!

looking absolutly superb!!!

btw.:

how did you do your blue tube stripes, what technique to paint them on the tubes? what color did you use for them?

i´m still unsure if i like my humbrol #15, i think they look too dark blue...

how did you do your blue tube stripes, what technique to paint them on the tubes? what color did you use for them?

i´m still unsure if i like my humbrol #15, i think they look too dark blue...

At first, I actually crafted a template out of tape, applied it and masked everything off. They were perfect. Then my airbrush decided to conspire against me and the tape mask did not work as it should and the paint was too runny.

In the end, I bought the decals. standard 13 on the one side, then 16 on the other but manually applied to not look so perfect. I had the three extra stripes from previous decal sets.

looks good man. I for one, will eb cuttign out all those parts on my newer helmet. but yours still looks fantastic! green lenses must drive you crazy!

Love the helmet too Mike, very FANTASTIC!!! work on it (as all ways).

Love the 13 and 16 blue stripes you did this time, i might do that as well on my next.

I know that you are a good painter, so it must have been hard to do the sloppy black out line.

But i really give the helmet a accurate, and nice look to it.

Once again, truly nice looking helmet.

GUNS product .

I got a few questions:

Are the blue stripes stickers, or painted on.

(I have used humbrol midnight blue 15, and french blue).

If you have paint it on, what colour did you use there/normal use.

Cheers buddy.

Rolf .