Possible C4 location.....

roman_imperial

I hope not, Indy is closer. That and LF has always stressed keeping Celebration centrally located so as to keep the distances from the coasts roughly equal. Why should (in this case) the east coast fans have to drive/fly/ride farther than anyone else?

I thought the Indy location was prime. All the hotels were centrally located so that most could use sky walks. In Vegas, you're looking an numerous Cab use and shuttle buses to get around. I also don't think Vegas has a convention center as big as the RCA dome, but they're supposedly building one as we speak, according to my shuttle bus driver in Vegas last week.

The hotel accomodations are favorable in indy. And you're right, cab fares become a nightmare in vegas. I wish they would have rented out the Dome for some of the larger shows at C3, or at least hired a full staff and not relied so heavily on voluteers (which, in the end they didn't have enough of).

Why should (in this case) the east coast fans have to drive/fly/ride farther than anyone else?

Somebody will allways have to drive/fly/ride farther than someone else. Los Angeles to Indy is 2062 miles while New York to Indy is 723 miles so west coasters have allways had to go twice the distance as east coasters. So the Celebration is no where even close to being roughly equal from coast to coast. I go yearly to a convention in Vegas and every major hotel offers free shuttle service to the convention center and Vegas now has a tram system that will take you anywhere on the strip and to the convention center for just about 3 bucks, much cheaper than a cab. Heck for 45 bucks a night I get a room at the Sahara which is basically right next to the convention center.

I am sure that Las Vegas is campagning hard to get this event moved to their city as that is a huge source of income to them and they are probably the convention capitol of the world. I am sure they are pumping a lot of resources into getting this moved because as they see it convention goers = gamblers. They are probably even offering lots of incentives to move it there.

I think a lot of east coasters would show up because as was said earlier "its Vegas, baby. After going to the con you can walk five minutes in just about any direction and get a great meal at a fantastic resteraunt, gamble, hit the bar, hit the dance floor, see a big name concert or a broadway style show. It would be like taking 2 vacations at once.

Personally I think it would be a good thing to move it to Vegas, I give the idea a big thumbs up.

i would prefer vegas cuz the hotles have shuttles..

seems like a shuttle was a 7 letter word in indy.

and there so much to do in the area that is easy to get to..

and well.... its vegas since comdex has gone under we can take there spot lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Man I hope this isnt true, I live in IL, and Indy is just a hop,skip and a jump.....so Vegas is kinda welll, 2 days away. Not to mention evrything else that "Stays in Vegas" isnt small fan child friendly.....

• 4 weeks later...

I do know that in 2007 the convention center has been rented out in the general time frame that CII and CIII were. They will not say who has it for those dates, it could be a Mark Kay convention for all I know, but it does sound promising that it will be there again.

I'd love to see a convention in Vegas..however for me (I live on the East Coast) - I wouldn't be able to bring my armor/BFG/backpack. Too much work to try and travel and answer questions.

It was at least a bit better in Indiana (for me) since I could drive and pack up all my gear.