Sergeant pack.

Rolf

Hi there troops.

I have all ready made a MH/SB back pack.

But i´m soon gonna make the sergeant pack also.

Are there any there know, what the upper left "air" holster is.

If not i just try to make a look a like of the item.

Best regards mates.

Rolf .

Posted Image

Rolf, there's been lots of discussion about that part of the white dial pack. So far, no firm identification AFAIK, but the general concensus is that it's an older truck engine filter of some sort. I made mine from a Fram air filter, but over time the rubber part of it has cracked revealing the orange color of the rubber. I'm planning on fabricating one by sewing canvas into the desired shape and building a frame.

Here's one thread:

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2308

I think there were others too.

good luck, my friend.

Thanks mates.

I will looks into this asap.

If i can not find the real thing.

I will go to BB site to looks a he´s high ref pic, and make a replica.

Let the ideas/pictures come in troops.

Have a nice day out there.

Peace .

Thanks Mike.

To me it looks like its not a all round can.

Round on the out side, but whit a flat ground to to pack.

The filter, looks more like thin tubes cut over from top and a bit down

I know that lots of people see it that way, but to me it looks more like a single piece of canvas that is folded and sewn to form the "tubes" or ripples with the top of each canvas "tube" folded over. That would make more sense for a filter, if that is indeed what it is. Like I said, I've been meaning to try making one that way, but just haven't had the time lately.

I know that lots of people see it that way, but to me it looks more like a single piece of canvas that is folded and sewn to form the "tubes" or ripples with the top of each canvas "tube" folded over. That would make more sense for a filter, if that is indeed what it is. Like I said, I've been meaning to try making one that way, but just haven't had the time lately.

Sounds good too, i have only study the captain one.

So i´m a bit green on the sergeant version.

Thanks for you shearing Tom

I remember reading that post as well (is he still active? i know i have his old armor but...) for now im using the shopvac filter. Its pretty big and it can be cut to whatever size necessary. I was supposed to make one for somebody but freaking work and school is killing me i did however send her a pic of how it looked with the filter i installed and its pretty **** close. i used a different filter on my pack which looks too small to me so i will be upgrading my current pack eventually.

What i did is use the same kind of wipe bottle you use on your pack,cut the top and bottom out and used thin weather stripping angle cut on the ends of the stripping and primed and painted.....

Just for grins, here's an old pic of a fram air filter on my pack before I had completed the stinger. You can see the orange peeking through here and there where the outer surface of the rubber has cracked.

Posted Image

Thanks for this thread, Rolf. You've made me want to get back to work on a better filter.

You have to use your imagination, but after seeing Mike's closeup, I am picturing in my head that it's something that's not originally round at all, but they rolled something into a round shape. Look at the rubber "tubes" and imagine they are hollow and they sometimes rip.

Edit - after reading the last post of this thread: http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2308

I'm sure it is car door edge trim I'm thinking of. It's soft hollow rubber tubing that's flat on the back where it is stuck to the car with adhesive. When it gets old, it cracks and gets holes in it. It's the stuff that gets shut between your car's body and the door, trunk, or hood.

I'm not saying that's what they used, but it does look like soft rubber tubes with the ends glued shut. It doesn't look like a filter because they are generally some kind of paper material - not rubber (although I'm sticking a water purifier filter on my pack - at least for now).

I was out walking in the street today.

And i saw a big black rubber door mat.

The stripes on looks pretty close.

I will try to get one.

If not i just cut something off, when they don´t look

Cheers gang

i´m still not sure about what was used for the original part but here is what i did...

i used a can of 8 cm diameter and round about 16 cm height.

i ordered black hosepipe and cuttet it to fit on the sides of the can.

glued them on using E6000 glue and dremelt the edges like the movie version...

here is my result:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fantastic! If only I had seen that one closeup photo of the movie pack three days ago before I cut the end off the $9 water purifier filter I bought. I don't suppose the store will give me 75% of my money back if I give them what's left of the filter.