Welcome Mike TD1536 as MEPD Detachment Leader!

SethB6025

It is my distinct honor to present the new Detachment Leader of the Mos Eisley Police Department; Mr. Mike Harrison TD1536 of the Old Line Garrison.

Most of you already know him well, he has graced the card of an official "Fan Choice" sandtrooper action figure by Hasbro, and is an accomplished sculptor, painter, and graphic artist with an incredible eye for detail. His website www.TK1536.com is a guidebook for troopers both new and old & his approachable nature and willingness to share information make him an ideal leader for this group.

Please join me in congratulating Mike on his new position. May the binary suns shine upon you now and always.

On February 1st, 2008, I will take over the MEPD's detachment leader position, or more commonly known as the CO or Commanding Officer. It is with great enthusiasm that I accept this nomination and position of leadership and hope to carry on in the same professional manner as my predecessor, Seth Busino.

For those new to the forum, I've served as Seth's second in command, his Executive Officer (XO) during 2007. I joined the Legion in April 2004, and have been a member of the MEPD since September 2004. I've served as my Garrison's GWL and web master for many years, helping to bring about our current php message board, and web site overhaul in 2005. I've built three personal sets of TK/TD armor, and spear-headed the MH/SB Sandtrooper Backpack project during 2006, which continues to this day in limited supply. In 2005, I started on a Clone project that I'm continuing to see through to the end. I'm also currently a board moderator of http://www.clone-empire.com.

Now... does anyone know any good jokes? I like to laugh. A lot. I can bust a gut even over fart jokes. I'm only putting this out there to lighten things, as some folks 'think' I'm a bit of a hard-***. But, as those who know me personally will tell you, I'm quite nice.

Going forward this year, It is my hope to give the main web site an upgrade- primarily to make it a repository for everything Sandtrooper related, specifically to include all the history behind the original suits used in the ANH, outlining all the little details and how to either acquire or reproduce them today. Initially, I'm thinking along the lines of merging of my personal website (www.tk1536.com) and all the amazing efforts of Brak's Buddy on his web site, (http://www.looksirdroids.com/). How this content can come together, I have yet to work out. But I do think it needs to be here in some way. As most of you are aware, much of this information can be found already buried in these forums. Even when using the Search feature, there remains much that could be improved upon, such as instating a Wiki type of chronicle that would explain everything in detail over time. More on that later.

Now on to the staff changes. I've spent a few weeks carefully considered the people for this job. It would've been easy to ask Seth to be my XO, and even the XO who predated me, Tony Guns. But I felt keeping the same command staff year after year, while not intrinsically bad, is against my personal pet peeve regarding career politicians. Unless there is absolutely no leadership available, or no one else to do the job, I think there should be new blood brought forward to be given the opportunity to lead and inspire. Therefore, I've not asked either Seth or Tony to be my XO or Sergeant At Arms. Instead, I have chosen...

Paul Hoeffer, TD-8020 to be my Executive Office and Simon Morrison, TD-4935 to be my Sergeant At Arms. Paul has been instrumental in creating the WhiteArmor forums, pushing for higher standards in TK costuming throughout the Legion. He's also a board moderator on the Clone-Empire forums. Simon, on the other hand is relatively new, but has shown that his attention to detail, higher standards and devotion to this hobby, has pushed him to explore not only high standards in TD costuming, but also Clones and Biker Scouts, achieving the highly coveted "Lancer" status. It should be no surprise that I've chosen people who have dedication not only to this particular segment of costuming, but to the Legion as well. I hope both gentlemen serve the MEPD well and give distinction to their service in the Legion. Please welcome them both! As a side note, I also considered Roger Villmann, TD-2184 and Rolf Henrikson, TD-252 for these positions. Both rank high in my book and should be acknowledged for their contributions to the MEPD.

As for the support staff and administration- these guys are instrumental in doing the grunt work, the back-end work that makes everything tick. I appreciate all they've done over the years. Retaining his Deployment Officer status is Marcus Simon, TD-2479. Marcus is responsible for doing all the Photoshop work required in updating the deployed troopers web page. As a former GWL myself, I know the amount of work this takes and I'm extremely grateful for his service. Also retaining his position is Chuck Rickard, TD-1196 as our Merchandise Officer. He will be instrumental in organizing any production runs on things like t-shirts, coins, etc. Web Board Admin, Phil Tyre, TD-1373 will assist in php board programming. The Admin Staff now includes Rolf Henrikson, TD-252 in addition to existing moderator, Roger Villmann, TD-2184. Both are from Europe - Denmark and Germany, respectively. I feel having a diverse Command and Admin staff helps to balance the legion's interests and I hope it's an example for the rest of the detachments, as well as the Legion in general. It should be noted that both Simon and Marcus are also from the United Kingdom. Regarding web administration, I will initially take over this position and instate some ideas I have that I outlined above. Marcus will assist in this endeavor initially, but we may look for some fresh talent in the realm of web programming. Going off on a slight tangent: new technologies are often talked about under the Web 2.0 umbrella (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2), and with devices such as cell phones, and other hand helds accessing the internet, I think we should adapt accordingly. Adaptation to modern web technologies will provide existing members with fresh content, but it should also lure in new members that are already accustomed to social networking web sites such as MySpace, FaceBook and various other interactive Blog and Wiki web sites. While these are lofty goals indeed, I feel making them at least gives us something to look forward to. I do not, however, want to take the emphasis away from getting down and dirty in our workshops, building armor. That will always be our primary focus.

I think I've said enough and welcome your input. Here's to a promising 2008! Don't forget to post some jokes.

- Mike Harrison, TD-1536

Congrats Mike

Sounds like you have lots of great ideas and bundles of enthusiasm.

Here's some fart jokes for you:

2 Blokes (Japanese and American) are playing golf. The Japanese guy is getting ready to tee off and suddenly starts talking to his thumb.

American bloke says: "What you doin?"

"Oh, don't worry, with Microtechnology I have a Microphone in my thumb. I was just recording a message."

The 2 men carry on golfing, but all of a sudden the American man makes a funny sound, that amazingly sounds like a fart. The Japanese man looks over at him. 'Oh,' says the American. "Don't worry, I'm just receiving a fax."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would you call the definition of surprise?

Answer: A fart with a lump in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, one time I farted so badly that I had to spend 15 years in jail....for air pollution.

Teacher asks Little Johnny to use the word 'definitely' in a sentence

Little Johnny replies, "Teacher, do farts have lumps in them?"

The Teacher says, "Of course not Johnny,"

To which Johnny replies, "Then I have definitely **** my pants then..."

Confucius say, Man who drop watch in toilet have ****** time.

A guy sits in front of TV all day, farting like there's no tommorrow.

But not just gassy airish farts, I'm talking mega greasy wet ones, the kind that would make your dog puke.

The wife, understandably is angry as f**k, and says: "one day Honey, you are gonna fart your guts out."

THe next Sunday, as wife is preparing Turkey for sunday lunch, Hubbie falls asleep.

THe wife spies an opportunity to get her own back, so she takes the innards of the turkey and places them in the underwear her husband is wearing. She then went back to cooking the turkey. Later on that night, her husband came to the dinner table looking very frightened.

"What happened?" asked his wife.

"Well," the man said, "you were right. I farted my guts out."

"What did you do?" asked his wife.

"Well with the Grace of God and these two fingers I got 'em all back up in there!"

BTW keep an eye out this year, there may be a new SE Sandtrooper Helmet replica making an appearance

Well, what can i say, it's an honour to be picked for the role of sergeant at arms here at the mepd.

I'd like to thank Mike for choosing me when he had a plethora of great people out there to choose from. this makes me feel doubly honoured.

I think we can all agree the future looks bright and the ideas and plans that Mike has put out there are indeed exciting ones.

While i admit i'm totaly hopeless at tech/computer stuff i'm pretty handy with my eyes and hands so will endeavour to input as much as i can with the skills i have.

i'd just like to finish off by quoting the UKGarrison motto coined by its founder the late Graham Campbell

"Lets go to work"

Congratulations Mike! Having an Action Figure Model for our leader just seems right!

May the twins suns shine brightly on you, and us all as we move forward. Thank you Seth for your hard work and dedication.

Now, here's a joke for you!

WHAT DOES A KISS TASTE LIKE?

One day a teacher had a taste test with her students.

She picked a little boy to do the first test.

She blindfolded him, put a Hershey kiss in his mouth and asked, "Do

you know what it is?"

"No, I don't," said the little boy.

"Okay, I'll give you a clue. It's the thing your daddy wants from your

Mom before he goes to work."

Suddenly, a little girl at the back of the room yelled, "Spit it out!

It's a piece of ***!"

"This will be a day long remembered......"

Congratulations Mike and team! Mike DEFINITELY chose wisely. Way to go Paul, Simon, Chuck, Rolf and Roger. Wow Mike and Paul together again. Your next plans will be for battling for interstellar domination.

Ok a joke for all you "gross nerds":

Subject: The Bathtub Test

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time, and

this should help get you started. During a visit to the mental asylum,

a visitor asked the Director what the criterion was which defined

whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a

teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull

the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

DID YOU PASS, OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE?

Awesome Mike!

I would be very interested to see more stuff (on the MEPD site) devoted and easier to find for Sandtrooper resources. The forums are great, but as mentioned - the search functions are limited.

Everything is proceeding as I have forseen...

Thanks for the kinds words brothers.

I´m very happy for this title.

I will do my best to keep up the good work, and make this board a place we all love to visit.

A big congratulations to the rest of the team, i´m happy to be on board.

Stay cool, stay fresh troops.

Rolf .

Here are something for you Mike .

Two gold fish are in a tank.

One say the the other, "DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE THIS THING".

Congratulations Mike

I just got Phil's Sandy Gear.....You did an amazing job!!!! Thanks for the most outstanding work on the gear and the dedicated work for the MEPD!

OOHH!!! Wow... that's a really nice set of armor. I got goose bumps when we trooped together. You thought Seth and I looked good together, Phil are were aces! Did you also get my prototype backpack? Wear it proudly!!

Posted Image