Boot alternative

I found a pair of these Skechers ankle boots at a shoe outlet near my house. They were only $39.00, and I needed something for Halloween, so I bought them and painted them white with Testors flat white spray paint. I thought they were a good alternative, even though they're not 100% accurate.

What do you guys think?

http://www.skechers.com/catalog/browse. ... Code=76727

I like 'em. How well did the paint stick? Can you show us a pic?

I've been looking for some new boots that are more comfortable.

The paint sticks just fine, although I can imagine it'll start cracking in time. Keep in mind that this was a rush job, which I did just before a Halloween party. I still have to line the edges with a sharpie to get rid of the paint drip, but these images will give you an idea of how they look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I looked at the box, and they're actually called Skecher's "Traffic - Citation" boots.

Actually, these boots "may" be more accurate than the Caboots since the boots used in ANH were painted ankle boots.

Guys, confirm that.

I like 'em. How well did the paint stick? Can you show us a pic?

I've been looking for some new boots that are more comfortable.

The paint sticks just fine, although I can imagine it'll start cracking in time. Keep in mind that this was a rush job, which I did just before a Halloween party. I still have to line the edges with a sharpie to get rid of the paint drip, but these images will give you an idea of how they look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I looked at the box, and they're actually called Skecher's "Traffic - Citation" boots.

Please PM me. I will PayPal you the price plus shipping plus $10.00 for the trouble of getting me some. I need size 11.5 (if they are only in full size, then go up to 12).

My Austin Powers Cheapy ebay boots are lame, they make my feet hurt, and are just plain wrong!

Thanks!

John

They have a lot over at this outlet. I could pick some up if anyone's interested.

• 3 months later...

Just an FYI that these are considered non-acceptable for 501st standards for official pix/events/membership requirements, though if you were them for anything else I doubt anyone would notice.

My understanding - and I think I heard this from TM - was indeed that for the movie they just used jodhpur boots painted white. Someone correct me if that's not accurate info.

The thing about the jodhpur is correct..

I had a private discussion with TD-252 about it and he confirmed it as well.

I ordered a pair of jodhpurs and will spraypaint them white for an accurate look.

Just a pointer...Look at your local Equestrian sports shop and see what they can do for you!!

I got mine from a local shop too..and cheap!!

• 4 months later...

I took them to a cobbler and he didn't use spray paint. He used something else and there's been no chipping. It was Meltonian Nu-Life Color Spray, 617 White.

It scuffs a little over time, but definately no chipping.