lucas molds!

Vaj

It DOES look very old. It could possibly be an authorized recast to make the numbers of troopers needed. If this guy is legit he needs to come up with some evidence and a COA from the person who can prove it. Otherwise its terrible quality. I am certain that its not original molds, thats for sure!

I think we need to compare the TE2 molds to these and see whats up! Guns??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It DOES look very old. It could possibly be an authorized recast to make the numbers of troopers needed. If this guy is legit he needs to come up with some evidence and a COA from the person who can prove it. Otherwise its terrible quality. I am certain that its not original molds, thats for sure!

I think we need to compare the TE2 molds to these and see whats up! Guns??

Hey gang,

Sorry to be on the tail end of this "very interesting" thread - just got home from the main station, sheesh what a day!

The mold is berry berry interesting indeed - nothing like it in the ManCave that's fer sure!

For some reason the face plates seem obnoxiously contorted to me - it would be interesting to see what type of pull you would get from it.

Guys, I'm no expert but I don't recall seeing ANY "movie" bucket that resembles that mold.

T

They really do look warped. Bleh!

If the guy is telling the truth, as far as he knows it, the guy telling him the story could've been full of it.

If these really are pretty old, what could they have been from? I have no doubt that these are not from any of the shoots, but could they have been from some other commercial venture, like a prototype mask of some sort?

Let's take a closer look at this mystery shall we?

Posted Image

When I said "contorted" it may be due to the angle of the camera lens.

Posted Image

As Mike mentioned earlier, there does appear to be an "absence" of multiple air holes however, there are a few present as seen in this photo. Are there enough for a good draw? Quite possible if one were using "industrial strength" equipment. I can't see any air holes for the "teeth"...

I would estimate the size of the mold to be about a three feet long.

Again, I'm no expert. A "large" type of operation (as in the 1976 production) may be able to get an "acceptable" pull out of it. I'd like to see more photos and get some dimensions.

**It obviously has seen some action...there appears to be "slashes" or "cutting" marks at the base or the middle of the mold from cutting the plastic perhaps?

T

Could it be from another SW film?

Doubtful.

Again, the lack of teeth detail and air holes pretty much shoots it down. UNLESS, there was equivocal proof that the Hero helmet used a different mold. Then maybe, just maybe this could be it... But I still doubt you could pull any decent detail.

I'd like to be optimistic, but I'm doubtful.

and here is the photoshoped faceshot, like shown on the ebay auction...

Posted Image

like many others before me, i doubt that it might be possible to get a satisfying pulling result from one of these moulds.

i´ve never pulled anything right now, but i´ve seen more than enough pictures of others to know that you need a lot of holes in the moulds to get a good vacuum!

you said recast of a meatstock

in the auction were two different faceplates

did the meatstock had 2 different faces?

and whats the origin of meatstock?

these questions are only to think about it, no need for an answer

so i think they have other origins

imo these are bad recasts of 2 originals

dont you think you can make 2 different looking recasts of one helmet? Recasting means you use silicon or latex for example!

Look at the meatsock mold and compare, the similarity is big in my opinion. It is said that the meatsock is copied from a TE but thats another thing.

Especially the tube views from the front is suspiciously.

Marcus

My gut reaction to this is that they are casts made a long time ago from a couple of original helmet faces, but certainly nothing to do with the "original moulds". I'm giving the owner the benefit of the doubt here in that I dont think theyve been done recently.

You can see that the mould has been extended beyond the line of the face it was cast from, and also remnants of an ear screw hole which was patched up unconvincingly.

My guess is that some guy in West London working either on the SW project or sometime thereafter got hold of a couple of faces and made a cast off them. As others have suggested, they could have been done recently, but its almost the slap-dash way theyve been cast makes me think they're more egit.

Either way not something I'd want to spend 2 grand on. Lucasfilm has pulled the auction on the VERO copyright program.

Cheers

Jez

I am practically certain that these were not recast from any fan produced items.

They share charactistics of some of the AA faceplate photos I have from back in the day (hero/prototype style with no undercut under the chin or cheek tubes). We've all seen pics of the "prototype" helmets that AA sold which were later discovered to not be true prototypes but made later after SW was made. The undercuts were removed by the time this version came around and I believe that these molds have a relation to them.

Definitely not fakes, but definitely not the molds that were used in the original production.