lucas molds!

Vaj

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the seller told me he got it from John Frost, who worked with SDS. So it should be an ANH although it does not look like it for me, but I never saw a real mold. So who knows. This molds were made by John Frost to meet the demand to that time. The seller got all the other armor parts also but lost them.

Thats what the seller told me!

Marcus

Not buying it. The fifth and sixth teeth are non-existent. The original buck would have those CLEARLY defined. And, there are NO air holes. In order to pull what we've seen, it has to have airholes pre-drilled in all the traps, eyes, etc.

Someone will be paying serious loot for hydro-cal in the shape of most likely a TE recast.

Another tell is that the teeth insets are tapered. those would/should be much deeper and not curved-in, an obvious tell of a recast as it's taking the shape of a pull that never trully takes the exact shape of such a small detail like the smaller teeth. That whole frown should be super sharp.

There were different molds used in ANH!

Care to elaborate? From what I know there was one mould for the stunts, then that mould was modified to make the hero helmets. At most there were two, and that was if the stunt mold was left alone (it was supposedly damaged between the stunt version and the hero version) and the hero mould was based on a cast of pulls from the stunt helmet.

There are almost no holes in those ebay moulds, there are more air holes in Mike's radio faceplate mould than there are on that whole thing. For that reason alone, I would doubt it's authenticity. Along with the soft detail at the teeth, and the complete absence of the 6th tooth, and the funny shape of the eyes.

Anyone else remember this? I've seen it pictured before, but I don't think it was on ebay.

So Matts 1st screen used helmet was only a bad pull? One teeth on the right handed side is missing. On the second te helmet it is present.

But whats with molds for prototypes?

I dont want to believe that this molds are original. I dont believe it is!

But we cannot say it only because of things others told us. Recasters know a cast of the inside of a Te helmet but that is only one helmet!

Whatever you get a bad helmet with that mold and all helmets I have seen are sharper than this would be I think.