New AP armor (pics)

runJEDIrun

woo hoo im so excited, i just ordered my ap, i feel like i felt when i first ordered my fx like a little kid, now the wait for the brown box begins, when it arrives im going to ask you guys ???'s hope thats ok im a bit nervous about trimming the armor, i did pay extra to get the helmet trimmed though!!

woo hoo im so excited, i just ordered my ap, i feel like i felt when i first ordered my fx like a little kid, now the wait for the brown box begins, when it arrives im going to ask you guys ???'s hope thats ok im a bit nervous about trimming the armor, i did pay extra to get the helmet trimmed though!!

then you should be set. the lines are very visible and are pretty easy to cut. make sure you get a dremel and sandpaper.

i got my armor in about 3 weeks.

The FX *used* to come with better thighs, but sometime after 2001 they switched to the barrel thighs. Not sure why that was, but it was not a good change.

When I first got my FX kit I ended up cutting the thighs down so much they looked ridiculous in the back with just a tiny notch remaining of what was originally the arch in the back of the knee.

I managed to track down an old pair of the pre-barrel thighs from a supplier which were so box stained he didn't want to sell them. They cleaned up pretty good and they made my FX kit much more acceptable.

Posted Image

But, since seeing those pictures of the AP kit fully built, I realized I need to get off my butt and finish mine. I should probably start running some laps so I can get the thing to fit as well.

Here's some of my AP kit in what I call the, "..it's only a flesh-wound..." pose.

Posted Image

Thanks TD1654 for the inspiration!

Thanks for the compliments!

Since those pictures were taken I've done more work on my AP helmets. When I first built them, in my ignorance, I made the faceplate go too far into the dome. This made gave the helmets a "squished" look which you can see in the previous pictures. Ugh.

Fortunately, I've since rectified the problem and I'm much happier with their appearance.

Posted Image

BTW: The pouch is actually a Swedish MP40 pouch, if I remember right.

Inside were four compartments for magazines but I cut out two of the dividers to turn it into two large compartments; it's great for holding all of your necessities.

Posted Image