Anyone Buy Their boots From Caboots?

freakengine

I've been planning on purchasing a pair of trooper boots from caboots.com, and then I emailed them with a question and got no response. I tried again - still no response. I tried from other email addresses and even emailed them through ebay, since they have the boots listed for $5 less on ebay (very odd), still no response. Four emails over several weeks, and not a single response. Honestly, this doesn't give me a lot of faith in them.

In addition, I noted that the $75 Vader and Jedi boots they stock are the same boots you can buy everywhere else for $35-$40, and I lost even more faith in caboots despite the fact that everyone says they buy from them.

Has anyone bought trooper boots from them recently? Have they been good quality? Is the sizing pretty accurate? Is there a choice of sources? I've seen the darkside boots for sale on the bay for the same price as the caboots, and the darkside boots are leather, but the pic makes them look pretty crappy. Of course, I'll dirty 'em up anyway. Anyone own darkside boots, or know of yet another source?

i got boots from them about a year ago and they were fine. Their sizes are a little off from what your normal shoe is though, so i had to send it back for another size. There is a guy on EBAY who sells the same type of boot but not glossy, which i think looks better with sandtrooper armor. Not sure of his name though...

if anyone wants to pitch in...

I bought my boots from them and have had no problems with them or the boots. They shipped quickly, my boots are extremely comfortable (can stand in them for hours without any pain), and I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

The one problem with Caboots are if you have big feet (distance between your heel and top of your foot), you will have a heck of a time getting the boots on. The upper portion of the boot only stretches so much. I could not get mine on, and had to resort to taking them to a cobbler to have zippers installed in the backs.

What questions were you trying to ask caboots?

Cheng!! that is it.

now that i think about it, i had the same problem with the top part of the boot not stretching enough so i had to pull on those little tabs to help get it on. I ended up ripping one off in the process the very first try

Thanks for all the responses. I have large feet, so I'm a little concerned about the stretch problems you guys mention. It just sucks not being able to try on shoes before buying them...especially when they're $100, but I don't suppose the local payless is gonna be carrying a full line of stromtrooper boots anytime soon.

Does anyone know if the darkside boots are stretchier? They appear to have a larger elastic panel.

My Cheng boots never did, and are as comfortable today as the day I bought them 5 years ago.

Caboots clone shoes have a horrible reputation - are there TK shoes that much different?

Ill got the "old" model off mark cheng boots (the new model of MC is not cool, look like a boot for donald duck), ill been trooping whit them since 2001.

They are in strong white leather ex.

The ca boots in white plastic leather, are not so strong as the mark cheng boots i think (ill have both off them).

But yes... If you can get the old mark cheng model, ill go for the ca boot.

I love me CAboots! Although, I've heard that (for the sake of movie accuracy) the boots that they used for filming had a hard sole and not a rubber one like the CA and Cheng boots have. Just my two cents but I'd say that you can't go wrong with CA; even their seconds (the ones at a lower price because of slight defects) are amazing and hold up very well while trooping.

I love me CAboots! ... even their seconds (the ones at a lower price because of slight defects) are amazing and hold up very well while trooping.

I agree! I bought my pair of seconds in 2002, trooped dozens of events including parades, and they're still in great condition.

I love me CAboots! ... even their seconds (the ones at a lower price because of slight defects) are amazing and hold up very well while trooping.

I agree! I bought my pair of seconds in 2002, trooped dozens of events including parades, and they're still in great condition.

I'm wondering if they offer seconds anymore. I've heard about the lower priced seconds there, but have yet to find any on their site over the last few months.