spOOL68's T21 Build

Got started on my T21 build while I'm saving $$ up for a set of armor. Finally got a few pics to get a build thread started. I'm doing a scratch build using Pandatroopers templates and lots of inspiration from all the build threads I could find here and over on the FISD. While I’ve been at it I spent a lot of time looking at threads on builds and what was available out there as far parts and pieces. I noticed that it’s pretty much feast or famine when it comes to the T21s. Either you go all in and purchase an awesome Hyperfirm or ready built blaster from other members who do great work, or you’re left on your own to make all the parts from scratch. I love making stuff from scratch but I can see the advantage to having some things you can purchase if you like to save a lot of time.

So with that in mind I started doing molds and resin casts of most of the time consuming detailed parts. We'll see as I go along, but my thought was that if it turns out like I imagine it will, I'll offer up for sale some of the parts I'm making to help people have a sort of "kit" for those parts. I think it'll save a lot of time and work for those who'll utilize it. Let me know your thoughts on this. Although I've got a ways to go before that.

But I'll start my build thread here and go from that. Thanks for looking!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obligatory stock shot

C8WquOZ.jpg

Starting the side details

66dS4OA.jpg

Working on the ammo tray

WDt7hjG.jpg

Test fitting the rear sight

gIU9CuA.jpg

Testing the tray on the stock

L98dhz0.jpg

Got some stock shaping done

yzyRRyp.jpg

Test fitting most of the side pieces together with the tray on

efg6qJV.jpg

Getting set to make a mold

vQXNWGS.jpg

Mold looks pretty good:)

7DYhQGv.jpg

Time to try a cast

C0AqzBL.jpg

Cast of the side detail panel

GawuXYk.jpg

Cast of the ammo tray

GCKxmN0.jpg

That's all for now. I'll update more as I go along.

Cheers!

Roger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When is this beauty up for sale? :woot:

Ha! I love it! This one's gonna be for me but I'm getting pretty close to having all the parts for the "kit" stuff done. I've got one more part to fabricate and then mold and cast it. There's a few small parts that still need molds as well but I'm waiting on a new order of silicone right now. I've gotten most of my kit parts painted like the above example and ready for assembly. I want to get mine all together so you guys can take a look at a finished one and see how it comes together. So far I've cast everything in white resin but from here on out I'm going to tint everything while casting and it'll all come out a grey color.

• 2 weeks later...
It really is looking great! Any chance you want to sell a kit of your resin molds? :yes:

Thanks for the interest! Yep I'm gonna get all the info together in a thread to get everyone up to speed on what I can provide in a set of casts. I wanted to try to get through my build as much as possible to make sure everything was working out well before getting into anything for you guys. That was (at least I think) the last piece I needed to mold and cast before offering stuff up. So hopefully in the next week or so I'll get that thread started and link it in this thread for you guys. I'm really excited about how it's coming together

It's looking great so far. How much do you think it will weigh when you are done?

I'm anxiously awaiting your molds being up for sale!

Thx! Not sure on weight but not too bad for the size of this thing. lol!!!

Got the ribs on and the wire wrapped. Glad I've held up on getting this stuff to you guys. The greebies I made for the barrel are too big so I'm going to adjust and make some new ones and remold etc. Shouldn't put me back by too much. Maybe a few days or so by the time I refab, remold, recast, and repaint. lol!!! But better to catch it now rather than later.

85b522cd732cbc47d8956f42cc5eb78e.jpg