New accurate Back pack size comparisons

TD-1536

Seth, 6025 has created some excellent back pack main box molds, as well as Charlie the Crashmann. Here's one of the first sets trimmed and painted sized up to a Boy Scout back pack frame with a size comparison to my TE/MH back pack. (Trooper Expert/Mike Harrison. I made half the parts, TE made half the parts)

I'm thinking of making all new parts to complete this (hopefully) final and 100% screen accurate back pack. I already have an idea to make the radio face plate, sized to these boxes, as well as a few other misc. parts.

I'm still not 100% sure the Boy Scout frame is going to work or not. What do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks mighty fine to me Mike . Hopefully some day all we TD´s can get ower hands in a screen accurate full back pack kit. Do you know if seth still makes the main boxes. TD252 over and out. Klik... Klik

Yes, he does.

Looking realy fantastic!. Maby its time to try to get a screen accurate back pack done. Its a great place to start i guess. Pm send to you from here trooper.

I'm on the hunt for a similar frame: thrift stores this weekend.

If you happen to find a second whilst your out - possible to pick me up one too? You know I'm good for it.

I think the width of that frame is fine, but the height obviously needs reduced. The bottom "return" also seems too long, it should be under the boxes instead of past them. Maybe cut it back to the bottom support bar? Looking good Mike, I have to start painting this weekend.

i think they used some sort of country blue on the boxes and bottles...

the rustoleum country blue seems to be the closest as far as i know!

I've been using Rustoleum Country Blue sku#1924.