New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello everyone, my name is Fredrik from nordic garrison and like all of you have been a Star Wars fan since day one. I love costuming and have a tk,td,ts and ig. So I apologize for the late introduction. I joined the 501st in November of 06 as a Sandie and have been slowly working toward MEPD approval on my gear. Hope to be ready for deployment soon.

Here is my TM hips armor

Posted Image

I've been working on my TK to TD conversion since the beginning of the year. I'm almost ready for deployment. I want to tweek a little here and there on my weathering and backpack before I submit my formal pics. But I was at WonderCon in San Francisco and have a couple of pics of me to post.

R2D2 and me

Posted Image

501st Booth

Posted Image

Hey guy I'm Sean i am new here and i really am just looking for ways to build the armor or find the best place to buy it. if you could please let me know

Hi Sean...

Welcome bro!

So you are looking forward to become a TD! This is the best place to be for sure!

Please feel free to check out the forums and topics we have here. Read and use the resources collected by many troopers in many years. This is the place where you will find all TD info that you might need.

Chances are that things you might want to ask, have been asked and answer before, so just take a look and see if you what you need is already available. If not, feel free to post, ask or even PM (me or other members), we will be happy to help you out. Check specially the Imperial Issued Army forum for all you need to know about making and putting together TD armor.

Also, maybe check Noel's (our Detachmente Leader) site on Armor 101. Im sure he will pop up soon and provide a link for you. It will help you a lot to get started.

Hope you become a TD soon and fulfill that great dream!

Saludos!

Hey guy I'm Sean i am new here and i really am just looking for ways to build the armor or find the best place to buy it. if you could please let me know

Hey Sean... welcome! B)

Yes... Juan is right. This is THE place to be for the TD!!

I'm sending you a PM now. :)

Oh... and here's the link he mentioned...

Hello all. Brand new to SW costuming. Sandtroopers have always been my favorite, especially when I watched the original SW waaaaay back in 77. I really enjoy this forum and all the great pics and costuming tips.

So now I am ready to begin the plunge. Seems overwhelming with so much to do. I figure the backpack is thee easiest thing to start, since it can be built with materials found locally.

Any help with armor and helmet would also be appreciated.

Brian

Hey Brian, welcome to the sand pit man! You've got the right start... browsing the forums... looking around, reading, asking questions... that's what we're here for! B)

Boots, pauldron, weapon (and parts) all ordered. I have decided to give this a priority so that I can make it to CV.

Biggest question is armor and helmet. Can anyone help there or point me in the correct direction?

Brian

PM Sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to say hi! My name is Chris, and I am up in Seattle. I am currently working on getting my TE1 suit completed (still need weathering, rifle, backpack, and gotta figure out some details on the abdominal piece). I am looking forward to being part of this group and maybe meeting some of you guys in the future!

Hey Chris, welcome to the sand pit brother!

As you're probably already finding out, or found out already, there's a ton of info on here on just about every part of the TD gear and armor. But, if you have any questions post 'em up! And, when you get a chance, we love the "WIP" (work in progress) and build threads too! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all. TD 2298 here. I just finished my armor, pack and rifle and am doing the final tweaks to get deployed status with the MEPD. I'm already addicted to trooping and am looking forward to participating in star wars weekends this year! Everyone on the boards here have been extremely helpful with pointers on getting my armor up to code.

Hey y'all. TD 2298 here. I just finished my armor, pack and rifle and am doing the final tweaks to get deployed status with the MEPD. I'm already addicted to trooping and am looking forward to participating in star wars weekends this year! Everyone on the boards here have been extremely helpful with pointers on getting my armor up to code.

Consider this your official "welcome" man!

Glad to hear you've already found us helpful!

Also you now have "sandtrooper" status on the boards... since, after all, you are one. B)

Welcome to the MEPD, I thought I recognized your avatar, I have seen you on my garrison board for Star Wars Weekends. I'll be seeing you there for sure, trying to do all four this year but not sure, definitely going to be at the first, second and fourth though.

Good luck on your goal of Deployment, I am proud to be a member of this group for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all.

TK-Tim, MidSouth Garrison here, working on becoming a MEPD trooper. I'm only a TK so far, but I've already commmitted myself to becoming a TD - I wore the TD armor to the DMV to get my driver's license photo taken as a sandtrooper:

Posted Image

I've already built the following:

• Armor (FX with MRCE bucket)
  • Pauldron (black)
  • Mag Pouches
  • Backpack (with radio-chatter electronics)
  • Monoculars (Sub-Assault game with greeblies)
  • Ankle Gaiters (non-canon just for fun, Vietnam-era, inspired by IMPS trailer)
  • Left Shoulder "mini-pauldron" (non-canon just for fun, inspired by IMPS trailer)

What I need now, however (feel free to PM me):

• TD ab-plate
  • TD knee-plate
  • T-21

I'd love to make my own T-21, but I have limited building skills. I work with computers - I can build you an industry-quality MMORPG or a cool website, but I'd just maim myself with power-tools. :(

(Yes, I forgot to remove the left TK shoulder-strap; oops!)