New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Might have to put the feelers out next time I am in newie seeing the motherinlaw.

Haven't order any armour yet, have been having a better look - a few different makers have caught my eye. Trying to select something that will fit well (6foot, 70kg, slim build). Any suggestions?

Kicking myself I didn't pick up a set of te2 when I was first looking into the hobby!

So far got my T21 and a couple of pouches ordered.

Hi everyone,

I am Xavier, (CC and RC 3931) and I live in France.

It's been about two months since I harvest as much information for my future project "Sandtrooper Sergeant."

I entered the legion with costumes clone
but I wanted to return to the origins :) .

I hope you could give me good advice for my achievement,
For I will have the SWAT or anything :D :td: .

@bane

Have you signed up on southern cross yet?

Where did you get t-21?

Be armour seems good and very inexpensive but personally I think the best is TM so if you go with it you can contact him here

If you need anything or help my email is

vincentmc2@hotmail.com

😊

Welcome bro these guys know sandtroopers

And if you need a pack DIRTYBOY rick here has all versions and you won't find a better one and they are priced awesomely

Welcome aboard brother

Return to the Frontline.

Hi to all,

I'm Alberto Vitali from Italy (TD9009).

After a long stop (I got married, had a son... etc...)

wife_zpsa528e61c.jpg son_zps970f33c4.jpg

... I'm here to tell You that, with the GREAT help of armoursmith TD6187 Philo, I'm currently working on a new TD armour (a Trooperexpert 1 - old molds)... which will become my new TD armour!!!!

My old TD armour has gone from long time... but... the Empire sent me a call-to-arm request and I can not ignore such a request (Vader probably will be disappointed, with all the bad and tragic things that will follow... to my person).

I hope to have the new armour and backpack ready as soon as possible, trying to archieve the Police Officer deployed status.

Anyhow I'm happy to be back, ready to fry some rebels' butt.

Cheers,

Alberto TD9009

• 4 weeks later...

Hello my name is greg tk60918 just got approval to the 501st with a tk my next project is... You guessed it a TD i cant wait to get dirty. Well i will have to as i am currently on ATA's wait list for around 8 months in the mean time i have ordered a few pieces for my sandy and will utilize my tk until then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm ID-27881, but most people call me Andrew or Green(ie)! I'm from all the way down in NZ.

I currently have a line officer, but looking to get some armour for my next costume! So I'm thinking it's time to get dirty. I have a lead on some armour, but will need to get a bucket. Looking forward to learning heaps!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow troopers. TD16178 aka Alan Delaney from the Ireland Outpost. Been a sandie a while now. Started as a TK, but wanted to dirty up. I'm just finishing a snowie, but I want to get back to the TD & do some tweaking to make it better. Anyhow, just saying Hi

A warm hi to all from Yorkshire in the UK :) Brand New :icon_eek:

I would dearly like some advise from you guys please, the forum and it's resources look awesome! I am currently under way with my TK project and iv'e had some invaluable and unconditional help from the FISD, i'm having my armour built for me by Paul at TM and have collated most everything else but i will have to wait sometime yet for the armour.

I was in conflict with myself whether to do a TK or a TD, i now find myself in a position where i can do both. Here is where the advise starts, please excuse any ignorance i may burble out. I have just acquired a full set of FX armour which is in excellent condition, is this armour still acceptable? I will leave it there for now as it seems pointless rambling on if the armour is frowned upon.

Many thanks in advance

Ricky

Welcome Andrew!

What armor do you have a lead on?

This might be important if you want to go for deployment.

Good luck and enjoy!!

Hi!

We have a local maker who has made a few approved TK's. he is more than willing to modify stuff. Is there anything I should be asking him to do specifically other than the obvious ab plate and knee differences?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Fellow Troopers!

TK-74210 of Nordic Garrison checking in.

During 2013 I built and was in november accepted into the Legion with my TK (ANH stunt).

Since then I have been trooping and trying to familiarise myself more with this wonderful organisation.

One of the things I have been up to is to get acquainted with all the great costumes. Some more than others.

And while I'm a long, long way away from my next large build, finances are still on the low after my TK build and the initial mercy-shopping-spree,

I thought I'd take some time to get better acquainted with the MEPD and the TD. :)

I would be lying if I didn't admit to being very much in love with the TD and it's a no-brainer on my to-build-list.

While many costumes are ok to slow source (part, by part) my experiences from my TK build suggest that a TD is more an all-in kind of build.

So no immediate build plans, but I'll keep my eyes open and my ear to the ground to learn about what's to come.

Who knows... maybe I'll finally find that Leprechaun and get that pot of gold. When I do, this will be one of my first stops. :)

In the meantime I'll be slow-sourcing a few costumes in parallel and trying to get over my sewing machine-phobia.

The first few months have been awesome and I've met som great troopers and had so much fun. Looking forward to the 2014 trooping season.

I'm from Gothenburg, Sweden... and right now the twin suns of Tatooine seems a long way away. More Hothenburg than Gothenburg here now.

Looking forward to get to know you and the MEPD better.

See you around the Galaxy!

///Maxim

Hello Troops!

(And hello Maxim!, also found my way over here)

My name is Steffen, TK-18793 of the German Garrison.

I joined last year as a TK, my next Project will be a new TM ANH stunt to replace my outdated AM.

But I joined the MEPD, because I plan to build a TD in summer, propably an ATA, cause my funds will be plundered after my TM stunt build :-P

Either way, MEPD will be a great rescource for me and I look forward to come to the "Dirty Side".

Cheers!

Hello Troopers!

My name is Alexander callsign "Buschi" ;) . I am member of the 501st/German Garrison since August 2012. My main focus was on Tie related costumes, after that i built an ESB Vader costume last year.

For this year i want to start with a TD!

I got already some parts at home. Such as ,TK Boots , the Radiofront for the Backpack and a half RS TK Armor ;) but im going to buy me a TM Armor kit.

So i hope you guys can help me in building my TD!

best regards TI-6485

Evening Troopers,

I've been lurking round these parts a little while now, so should probably introduce myself properly. I'm James & live in Brighton on the south coast of England. I bought my armour from RS at the end of 2012 without really knowing about any of this. I'd just always wanted some TK armour and had just started a new job with much better money so... Needless to say my build was a nightmare as I wasn't aware of the forums or WIPs or anything really, so had Rob texting me how to assemble each bit as I went. Anyway, I was rejected initially & kinda gave up on it for a while, but managed to pick up some second hand Scout armour and eventually got out trooping.

Been back working on my RS armour the past couple of months and think it's finally coming together. Just waiting for my back pack and I'm all set. Hopefully I won't lose any more hair because of it...

Hi Anthony here from Dublin Ireland.

TD-66780 Ireland outpost.

I've been a member of the Ireland outpost a few months now, my first official outing was a charity event for Cancer Awareness. To costume as a sandtrooper was really fun even though I was terrified of the characters from the SW movies. It's a great feeling to be in character at different events & a little awkward when children get scared you have to leave lol but some are ok in the end. To be part of the 501st legion knowing it is worldwide is just amazing to stand shoulder to shoulder among some great people at home in Ireland... Meeting new people on Facebook and great help from members on the forum at a click of the button. The opportunity to travel & meet people face to face.

Lastly I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of the MEPD...

Hi Anthony here from Dublin Ireland.

TD-66780 Ireland outpost.

I've been a member of the Ireland outpost a few months now, my first official outing was a charity event for Cancer Awareness. To costume as a sandtrooper was really fun even though I was terrified of the characters from the SW movies. It's a great feeling to be in character at different events & a little awkward when children get scared you have to leave lol but some are ok in the end. To be part of the 501st legion knowing it is worldwide is just amazing to stand shoulder to shoulder among some great people at home in Ireland... Meeting new people on Facebook and great help from members on the forum at a click of the button. The opportunity to travel & meet people face to face.

Lastly I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of the MEPD...