Set for stun helmet and TE armor

trooperexpert

This is a photo I forgot about until today. It is the screen used 'set for stun' helmet and the old unrestored TE armor, taken about 3 years ago.

Reason I show this is so people can see what the fiberglass copies will look like once they are done (SOON!).

Have a gander!

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Matt/TE

Sorry, only way it could be done. The wife would not let me take it apart and mold it. She said I aleady did that with the first helmet and since the foam was still glued inside, I could hardly argue that fact. I was not about to destory the only known original and complete helmet in collectors hands.

The fiberglass we are using is a very special cloth and it will weigh slightly more than a plastic helmet and be a ton stronger. They are almost ready to roll so stay tuned!

Matt/STE

No need for fiberglass armor.. Not to worry, the helmets will be fully wearable and also comfortable to boot. Since the stunt helmets in ANH and ESB were painted, these will stand out far and above as the best helmets ever to come to light. Well, excpet for the originals that survived the filming of course!

Matt/STE

I am not at liberty to say who owns it. They are anonymous and believe me people that think they know, dont. The owner does not wish to be mentioned at all.

No worries Matt

I only ask because I have been tracking down original helmets. I have found 6 ROTJ so far, but ANH helmets are pretty elusive. No wonder as they are the best!

Joe

I am not at liberty to say who owns it. They are anonymous and believe me people that think they know, dont. The owner does not wish to be mentioned at all.

No worries Matt

I only ask because I have been tracking down original helmets. I have found 6 ROTJ so far, but ANH helmets are pretty elusive. No wonder as they are the best!

Joe

I know where all the ANH helmets are and one of the ESB helmets are now. I knew where both were, but alas they were sold. I used to know where 13 ROTJ helmets were but they chnage hands alot... I do know where 19 more are though!

Matt/STE

Talk about a dream - to own a screen used ANH. ::sigh:: Or an ESB. I'm sure they rarely come up for sale and when they do cost a fortune, but I cna dream, can't I?

Talk about a dream - to own a screen used ANH. ::sigh:: Or an ESB.

yeah

nice dream

but why to buy such a old bad looking thing?

there are very nice helmet´s out there

TE´s are great

hope i can see a TE helmet in person this yeah (hope to meet rocko or some of the other TE trooper)

we can build it and paint it like the originals

mike made a top paintjob on his helmet and armor

409 chris made a good lookin TD

waiting for pics of a troopermaster TD

awesome

so i´m looking forward to get one of these great replicas from very talented guys in the next years

so we can forget the originals

in a few years only some guys can see what is original and what is a replica

some guys will pay $XXXXX for a half destroyed TE and $XXX for a original

That it looks not so great is not the point so much as having a piece of a movie that moved, touched, and inspired me so much when I was young.

Unless you were a kid back in '77 it's kind of hard to imagine what a fever the first movie really was.

Believe me, I would like to have the originals still That I have owned, but the deicsion was not all mine on both accounts. I just got lucky is all it was guys. I did my homework and I knew what to look for and what to ask when presented with them for sale.

Yes, they are beaten, but worth every penny since so many were destroyed and re-used and changed for ESB.. Funny thing. In the end it was a decison for the amount of money I was offered for the 'SFS' helmet that made me let it go. I wont disclose how much it was, but being the only complete ANH helmet in collectors hands made the price skyrocket.

I am glad you all like the TE series. It took a long time to get there and even longer to convince people.. but in the end, I thank you one and all that wanted an item that was identical and made with love for the costume.

Matt/STE

I am glad you all like the TE series.

matt

you have to wait some time

first i must see one of your helmets in real live

only see it on pics is boring

but some guys here own on of your helmets

than i can see the difference about my helmet (yeah you know and you love this german maker ) and yours