SWAT TEAM! We Need Your Help

DirtyBoy

We are putting together a guide of each trooper for the SWAT program and who better to ask than the troopers who have done the research and mastered an amazing build!!! What I'd like to see is the details that make your build different than a standard build. What I mean by that is....if your trooper has a pauldron that the reference material shows white on the underside, submit that with what you have. If there's new information that has now come to light and wasn't included in your build, don't worry...we won't make you update it lol

Thanks for your help brothers.

Move a long replica:

Posted Image

Full RS armor and helmet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Woodland weathering pattern move a long copy - snaps - helmet replica/tube stribes/mouth/ chin etc - trim of the eyes, and assemble of the helmet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

ANH body strapping:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hooks:

Posted Image

Pauldron from tkboots, modify neck snap system:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pouches:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DoopyDoo E-11:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back pack - 70´boy scout frame - Gordon siphon - RS canister - 70´ tupper wear jug lid - Mike H Radio - Mike H/Seth B/Crashman pack kit parts - TM side canister long tube whit end caps to it. I need to add the leather whit the sewing lines around the radio asap:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Move a long... move a long :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Just to inspire... :thumbsup:

Many out there owns a TE line age suit: TE- TE2- Cap- Cap-W, ATA, PT, VT, MOT etc.

If they like its pretty easy and quick to make it a bit more ANH accurate.

The helmet are all ready a great ANH helmet, the body armor are a ROTJ body armor modify into ANH.

But there are some mistakes here and there, but they can quickly be modify if you like.

A few parts are hard to modify, such as the right arm needs to have 12 holes, and the left 11.

The TE have 11 on both arms etc... its a hard one to modify your self, maybe buy a few ANH parts if you like, like a right 12 hole arm etc.

But check this TE2 pic out here, i have marked the mistakes whit red, and post about it down under::

Posted Image

You just need to modify, and iron head the corner again whit a round edge:

1. The chest left and right (easy).

2. No hold going down in right bicep (hard).

3. No like going out on right shoulder bell (hard).

4. Back plate needs to be cut left and right (easy).

5. Right leg cut corner on top (easy).

6. Belly string going up from the ab box (easy).

7. Cut down in the small box covered by the 3 sandtrooper dots (easy).

8. The dot going out in the sandtrooper ab (easy)

9. 12 holes on the right arm (hard)

Here a few pics of my RS to compare the TE2 whit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Troop on :thumbsup:

Rick,

This is a great idea. If we can narrow down exactly which trooper can be considered as which then it will make things alot easier. Although we have only had about 4 or 5 specific troopers replicated for SWAT so far, and there are at least 30 different variants I can think of off hand.

It will be a fun thing to work towards.

Nick

A swat guide line would be a great thing for the mepd for sure :thumbsup:

Something like this a like maybe:

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

I did the brake down of 21 ANH Sandtrooper´s from top to toe, and post the set up here on the mepd a few years back.

Terry did the computer design of them as we know.

Heres one of them:

Posted Image

:teehee: Maybe we could do the same kind of thing like the one above, for new SWAT members to follow.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

oh yeeaahhh,

firstly,great to see your pics as always rolf,

YOU DA MAN BROTHA!!! :yes:

boss,a great idea, im looking forward to seeing this!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the shoulder clap bro, you Sandtrooper are also on top of the line out there i think :thumbsup:

Rick...awesome idea....but I think you to have to open a new topic...here is rather the discussion, eh!?!...so it's confusing and everything is rather lost.

And because of the TD Nr. ...TD1, TD2 etc....that's a great idea. I'm in :thumbsup:

Yup. I know I'm not SWAT yet, but have been researching my costume for it

Totally agree with Daniel,I think it would be a good idea to have a separate thread for each version of the costume, otherwise it's just going to get messy if everyone posts here. But this is a a great idea.

Yes, great idea. Perhaps we could begin each thread with the diagram that Rolf and Terry did, and then supplement the thread with details that we have each used and incorporated.

I've got some material to include for my "unique" version.

The lines in the bells in my personal opinion should be straight on both bells for the TDs and also I think that all the suppliers around are doing a bell version from the Hero suit.

We should change this as well. Please check the research that I did. :sweat:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=11430&st=0#entry142721

each version will have it's own thread to post the reference materials and information and then maybe have one "master" post that will show all versions (it will be locked and only updated by CS)

That's even better :thumbsup:

Should everyone post his own contribution with the specific title?!?

Man..this is again so inspiring to see the breakdown and modifications pointed out.

Great work and especially great thanks to Rolf for the detailed explanation! :yes:

Thanks bro, your welcome my friend :thumbsup:

Yes, great idea. Perhaps we could begin each thread with the diagram that Rolf and Terry did, and then supplement the thread with details that we have each used and incorporated.

I've got some material to include for my "unique" version.

Sounds great! :thumbsup:

Rick,

This is a magnificent idea. I have just received my armor & was planing on building to SWAT straight up. Also those photos of Rolf's assembled armor are going to be a huge help just on there own as I have started to tape things together for fitting, but had no idea how much actually had to be trimmed of & how the final joins should look (butt not overlap). I will be printing them of & using them as a guide.

Thanks Andrew.