*ACTIVATED* TD-8266 / TD-8266 / SWAT OFFICER # 015

Blaster 8266

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its supposed to be the back of the male snap which it is and yes at the corner. It was at the corner until I added shims to extend the sides. Not sure if I can move it without creating a huge hole. Not sure how I would fix it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

@ Anthony - Very nice progress you're making on your armor mods! :td::yes:

** You do need to move the snap placement on the right side of the ab section. The snap detail is a bit too far from the right corner. I did notice the modded side shim. If you move the snap, it will make it look even more naturally accurate even with your mod.

Here is a sample pic from Rolf's gallery for placement reference.

**UPDATE**

Sorry , I just noticed you caught the detail request after I typed up a response!

Posted Image

its supposed to be the back of the male snap which it is and yes at the corner. It was at the corner until I added shims to extend the sides. Not sure if I can move it without creating a huge hole. Not sure how I would fix it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Just use crack filler, sand and repaint (re-weather) the section and I think you should be good to go, Brother!

Awesome will do tomorrow. Now the ext part. I removed the latex guards from the gloves to make them on the opposite hand, I can't get the latex guards to stick to the rubber gloves. What kind of glue should I use?

Awesome will do tomorrow. Now the ext part. I removed the latex guards from the gloves to make them on the opposite hand, I can't get the latex guards to stick to the rubber gloves. What kind of glue should I use?

Good question! I have no flippin clue.... Lol

I have the same problem. Mine won't stay on. I used E6000 and 2 others, and neither worked

Really sorry for not posting...

Real life havent given me more than a few minutes to log at a time, and this requires a bit more time than that!

:S

But will get to do it ASAP.

I know how all the waiting may feel...

Hope you can understand.

Really sorry bro.

Saludos

Juan

I will try the superglue and here is a pic of my fix and the movement of the male snap

Posted Image

Let me know what you think. I think I am getting close. Once I glue the hand guards then I will post a pic. Thanks again for all the help.

Wow it worked!..........;-)...what I can't belive is how fast you do the fixen and posten and have it look good......your swat ready and I approve you....but I don't count...so your back to just looken great

Man!

I can only say, awesome work on your shims!

That is the SWAT attitude no doubt!

The whole thing looks way better now. Even better than just a fixed shim, it looks the real thing!

Also the work on the rivet. Going that extra steps is what makes this program and its members so special.

I think that, unless you want to make it even better, you are done in the shims area.

Also, the handguards look good now.

I will go on checking your stuff during the morning and probably afternoon, posting in parts so I can do this more time effective for you to keep on working on your armor!

But so far, you are doing great.

Saludos.

Ok...

Two more comments, and one OK. :)

The belt looks better with the corners cut in diagonal, but I also think it is too long on both ends.

Here is a screen grab from the Move along trooper and your own belt... compare how it is a bit too long...

post-1761-0-57895400-1352218212_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-81331900-1352218243_thumb.jp

The knee belt, should be trimmed on the top and bottom edge closer to the boxes...

post-1761-0-15005000-1352218281_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-56072600-1352218297_thumb.jp

And the OK is the metal brackets holding the Bee stinger!

Looking better and better bro!

Also would like to say I really like what you did with all the detailing of your bucket. All the damage and repairs look great and subtle enough to be there but not bring much attention, just like in ANH.

I will still post a review on your whole weathering later.

Saludos.