*ACTIVATED* TD-8266 / TD-8266 / SWAT OFFICER # 015

Blaster 8266

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am glad you said what you said. I was starting to feel that there would be no way for me to obtain SWAT. I want to strive for perfection as best I can, I do take all the feedback to heart as I feel that being in SWAT shows great passion. Thanks to everyone for the help. I have never met most of you but have dealt with or talked to most of you enough that I feel you will help me achieve my goals. Thanks my brothers and hope to see you soon in SWAT.

THX for your support guys!

Smally, I think we could have something like this... some sort of :"manifesto", "credo" or "disclaimer" for SWAT program. :) Letsdont loose that idea and see what we can come up with.

Now, to start the evaluation. Here are a few shots with some stuff marked for improving:

1. Ammo pouches.

The flaps should be trimmed a bit more to keep the rond end, but the "conic" sides. You did right so far, but still need to refine a bit. The ones in red shold be fixed, the green one is more like it should be.

post-1761-0-17812300-1351619657_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-95322200-1351619847_thumb.pn

2. Side shims

I think you could try to fill the gaps within the shims. They do look way better than separated plates, but think you could look even better if the gaps were smaller or even filled. You can try and bring them together to fit closer if filling is just too complicated. I am open to discussion here.

post-1761-0-24552400-1351619658_thumb.jp

3. Belt.

You should trim the corners in diagoal (think you already did, just show it) and the top and bottom edges should be just at the edge of the rectangle details.

post-1761-0-51750600-1351619659_thumb.jp

4. Pauldron Circle

I saw you fixed it already, just wanted to say yes, that should be smaller and closer to the neck.

post-1761-0-59472300-1351619660_thumb.jp

5. hang plates are worn on the opposite hands.

post-1761-0-92592800-1351619663_thumb.jp

6. Bee stinger should be fixed to the lower seedtrays with metalic or silver looking brackets.

7. Elastic on arms should fit tighter to avoid visibility and bring the arm and bicep closer together.

8. Shoulder bell could be made to come closer to shoulder strap, although not necesary for deployment.

post-1761-0-75583500-1351619662_thumb.jp

7. Ammo pouches should sit closer to the plastic part of belt.

8. Would like to see a close up of the knee belt.

post-1761-0-66792800-1351619661_thumb.jp

9. Weathering.

It should be made up of a base layer that should cover all or most of the armor. And then several layers over it, some really think and dark to show the iconic patterns of this trooper. Here is a reference, but you could see the SWAT submissions to see different techniques and approaches.

10. Helmet.

You should try to replicate the look of the move along helmet. I think your teeth are too worn off, and some details are missing. Paint drips are not necesary but they would make a great bucket. Also, rips on the plastic and fixes are not really necesary, but many troopers add them to ad the ANH 76 look. Think about those cause they would make a great addition. Specially the one on the side tube. Finally, the hight of brow and the gap under the right arm side ear would make it look awesome. I really think you should add them, although not really a requirement. Anyway it is in the nature and spirit of SWAT program and troopers to go a bit further. No need to achieve prop forgery, just go for the looks!

If you need any more references, let me know.

This are the most important mods you would need to do. But I am still comparing shots of the real trooper so I can give you any more suggestions.

If you have any question, let me know..

So, what do you think?

And everybody else.

Am I missing anything?

Anyway, I will still need to fully review your pack and blaster. But this is how it starts!

Saludos.

Juan

post-1761-0-79787900-1351620543_thumb.jp

OK here are some of the fixes I have done so far.

Metal brackets on pack right and left side of stinger

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are pics of knee

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fixed pack stripes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next is 45 on belt left and right side

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next is ammo pouch fix. Let me know if this roundness is ok or what needs fixed

Posted Image

Will have other fixes posted soon. Please let me know if these fixes are ok.

I did some helmet fixes. Let me know if this is good.

I added 2 different colors for a base coat then came back with 2 other colors for details. In the pics it seems hard to see the base coat but its crazy visible in person. lol

I fixed the mic tips so 1 is facing inward and 1 is straight

.Posted Image

In this pic you can see the base coat better. I fixed the brow to raise slightly over the left eye and added the simulated paint drip above the brow.

Posted Image

On this side I fixed the stripes to be 16 tube stripes and added the simulated paint drips

Posted Image

Here is a little more detail and added paint drip by top of ear part.

Posted Image

Here is the other side with more detail. I added the simulated paint drips. One on each side of the ear,One at the top trap, And one by the tube stripes.

Posted Image

This is just a back view.

Posted Image

Here you can see simulated crack on tube and simulated paint drip

Posted Image

Here is the frown. I repainted it to be more consistent and fixed the white around the frown.

Posted Image

Please let me know what you think of these pics and if its ok. Thanks.

I have redone a lot of the weathering on the armor. I have added 2 base coats then went back and added darker spots that I think I can see in screen shots.

If the weathering looks ok I can post suited up shots to see the armor all together. Let me know what you think.

I got rid of the seems but I am not sure if the weathering around the seems is to much. Opinions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

I know every day I wake up thinking SWAT SWAT SWAT what do I need to do.

Man, I know that feeling well! I found that after I was cleared for SWAT that I was a bit lost and seemed to have nothing to do with my spare time. I felt like I needed another project...

Well if I ever get the swat status then I will have more time to spend on the pouches, t-21s, and boots I am trying to get going for the group. It never ends. I still have all the stuff to start making e11s. There is not enough time in the day lol.

Well if I ever get the swat status then I will have more time to spend on the pouches, t-21s, and boots I am trying to get going for the group. It never ends. I still have all the stuff to start making e11s. There is not enough time in the day lol.

Cool! You'll have to keep us updated with these!

OK, so I fixed the seems on both sides of the armor and posted pics but I just could not stop staring at how it looked. I kept thinking to myself that that is not SWAT quality. I even think I lost sleep last night because the look kept bothering me.

This is what it looked like yesterday. This is the side with 6 rivets

Posted Image

This is what it looks like now. I like it much better. It seems to be a much more even pattern

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the other side yesterday

Posted Image

This is the same side today

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.