Trooper Emulated: Move Along Trooper

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

Pauldrons must be of the accurate “puffy” variety. Older style/flat and brightly/off color pauldrons are not allowed.

Posted Image

Packs must have the appropriate details for the specific trooper which is being referenced.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pouches must be of the correct construction, color, and materials as reference trooper.

Posted Image

Shoulder pouch can be seen in first full pics. Small tool bag has been moved to the left like required.

Rubber gloves.

Latex or silicone (i.e., “soft”) hand plates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rivets on the left side of the ab/kidney plates: a total of six rivets with three on the ab and three on the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

Posted Image

One snap on the top right hand side oft he ab plate: back of male side of snap should show on outside of ab plate.

Posted Image

Visible fasteners under crotch area. Two (or 3) male snaps in the back and one split rivet or brad in the front. (not required to be functional)

Posted Image

Boots must be screen accurate in color and make; they cannot have a seam on the front.

Posted Image

FXhelmets, MRCE and/or ANHv2 helmets are not allowed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

5) Post at least one "action" image. This photo should be taken of you from the waist up on a blank, non-colored wall (i.e., such as white, beige, grey, etc.) This photo should be taken and available in high-resolution for the deployment photo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know if I have missed anything. Thanks for all the help.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Anthony...

good beginning so far. For the first what can I see, at your backpack on the blue seed tray, you've two thick gaffa tape. On the 'move along' trooper there are a thick and a thin gaffa tape...look here--->

Posted Image

And the helmet paint I personally would revise again...look at the original helmet and then at yours--->

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/2007/ANH_HD_stunt03.jpg

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/2009/ANHstunt_2005.jpg

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/2009/star-wars-stormtrooper-helmet-stunt-now.jpg

...now your helmet--->

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/abailey8266/h3.jpg

That was it for the first....

Cheers...

Hi Anthony,

Great to see that you're trying out for Swat. It's a long journey but worth it in the end!

Here's a few observations that i have to help you on the way:

Helmet

As you're going for the "move along" Capt try to replicate this helmet as seen on screen. The head band liner lifts slightly over his left eye (right as we see it on screen).

His right hovi was pointing into the middle of the helmet rather than straight out like the left one.

Pauldron

Maybe reduce the size of the 'sticker residue' circle that you have. The sticker was slightly smaller than this and a little more towards the neck of the wearer.

Hip pouches

I'm on my phone so can't really tell, but they appear to be quite rounded on the flaps (?) if this is the case, try trimming them so they have a more pointed edge to them (check my swat request thread)

Strapping system

Although the strapping system was always left for the wearer to have as they seem fit, it shouldn't effect the appearance of the trooper. We can clearly see the black strapping between the biceps and he forearms - check your first and third picture to see what I mean ;)

Blaster

There appears to be a blue section on the pistol grip area of your blaster (?) this would need to be painted over.

Overall your armour is awesome. Nice to see you have the correct uneven amount of tube stripes.

I especially like your back pack, it seems very solid looking!

Just a few pointers to help you out dude. Best of luck with it. We'll be waiting in the 'Swat only' bar for you ;)

Things are looking good, but, this is SWAT so be prepared! Lol no not really...

Hey, with the things the others have said, the one thing I notice the most is lack of weathering.

I mean pouches, hand plates, gloves and E11and then just an overall shading down. See a few gloss areas. These are all easy fixes. You Can Do It!

Hey Smally...since you were a little more detailed than I :whistling:

But you're right...you have a 'move along'...you must know it better than I...good points :thumbsup:

Well wait and see what Anthony think and Juan says...

;)

I still have the mental scarring from my Swat application! Lol

Just what I wanted. I will get on this today. The only thing I cant find is the blue spot on the blaster. The only thing I see is the silver area around the selector switch. Is this ok silver? or does it need painted. I will weather things and post pics as soon as I can.

Ah, it may be silver... Just seems blue on my phone and tablet. Weathering is what we like bro! So should be fine ;)

With regards to what I said above about the move along helmet, here's what I mean... pic already posted by Darth Chridan taken from SW helmets dot com.

Also check the sticker residue on the shoulder pauldron... ;)

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/2007/ANH_HD_stunt03.jpg

Im gona risk a comment to. Regarding the coverstrips they need a 45 angle Cut in the corners a small and easy fix. and maby move the forearm strapping to the inside and shorten Them abit so that the forarm is raised closer to the bisep. Good luck on your swat Update

Hey Anthony,

Looking really good already. This us a great starting point. As have been said, SWAT is a difficult path to walk, but very rewarding at the end.

I am on my phone and don't want to review your armor from here. I will be back on my comp tomorrow.

In the mean time I suggest you to take in consideration the comments of our SWAT officers here. They know their stuff. And a very important thing, follow references of the real trooper you are emulating.

A couple pointers:

- weathering is still a bit off. Texture and amount could be reworked.

-helmet detailing could be more accurate

-hAndplates look "regular", the move along trooper had either two lefts or them on the wrong hand. Still need to be 100% sure about that.

If you are not 100% sure of any mods, come back and ask. We will try to find the reference and answer. Don't hurry things. Better good than fast.

;)

Hope to see you in the SWAT Team room very soon.

Saludos.

Juan.

The pauldron is from trooper 1. To bigdane, what cover strips do you mean? Not sure what that is. As far as the weathering goes, I understand that some parts are to shiny, what other weathering needs to be changed. Are there any good pics I can use to see armor? I see the fixes on the helmet. What part of the weathering needs to be changed on the helmet? Thanks for the help.

;)

I still have the mental scarring from my Swat application! Lol

Hahahaha...I believe you :teehee::D

@Anthony: Like Juan wrote...at the helmet detail painting, there are few details, there is not so clean...as examble I mean the frown detail paint...the next step is the blue stripes paint...on the left side (top view) there are 13 stripes, on your helmet there are 17. On the right side there are 16 stripes, on your helmet there are 15 stripes.

Here you can see what I mean with the details--->

Original--->

Posted Image

...here's yours--->

Posted Image

Original--->

Posted Image

...yours--->

Posted Image

What I had marked in red on your helmet, this are the missed details and the blue circle is ok....what means ok?!?..this detail (the crack on the tube) is on the helmet but it could a little further go down. But you can see it on the comparisons what I mean. Did you have painted the helmet?...there still lacks the hangs. And personally I would don't use decals for the tears etc etc... it looks like you have used decals.

The other things has already the other dudes said.

ok my question is, are the paint drips that are on the helmet from the movie or are they from someone trying to clean it up for the auction. My nest question is all the paint drips a requirement for SWAT? I see detail on the helmet i need to fix but I would like to know what is required. Thanks for all the help. I have been working on many of the fixes.

Does anyone have pics of the armor? I would like to look and see if I need more detail.

Please dont take all my questions as questioning your knowledge. I just want to be a swat member and want to be worthy of swat.

Thanks for all the help.

OK here are some fixes. Please let me know if these are good.

Fixed circle on pauldron, moved and made smaller

Posted Image

Added weathering on the gun on both sides

Posted Image

Added weathering to gloves and hand guards

Posted Image

Fixed flap and added weathering to ammo pouches

Posted Image

Fixed tape on pack on both sides

Posted Image

Also in my officer deployment pics you can see that i cut the corners on the belt. I can add the pic here if needed.

I will start on other repairs. Please let me know if this is acceptable. Thanks guys for all the help.

still not my full review, but just so you dont jump into making lots of mods and upgrades that are not really needed... the paint drips and damage is not really necesary for deployment. But it surely will add a lot of character to your bucket. Now, the painted deatails, even if mistakes, those should appear in you build. things like the joker grin and the vocoder pattern aswell as the amount of tuve stripes will be required.

What I really mean is, take your time and decide what modifications you are willing and actually want to add to your armor, and which will be a matter of compromising likes vs accuracy. SWAT is about replicating as much as possible the armor as it looks in the movie, not the prop as it looks now or as it looked several years after the movie was shot.

You can certainly use many reference pictures from later stages of the prop life, but remember we want to look like if on screen. So go for the on stage 76 look and you will be fine.

:)

Does that make sense?

Saludos.

Anthony,<br /><br />I think it is time for me to say make a small pause bro.<br /><br />I think I should give you my review before you make any other mod or upgrade. <br /><br />There are many things mentioned in this post are would make your armor look awesome but really not needed, while fond other more basic corrections are not yet mentioned. <br /><br />So hzng in there bro. Read and take in consideration everything posted here, but please wait a few hours for my own review so we can agree what is needed and what is a nice to have. <br /><br />Is that cool?<br />And everyone?<br /><br />Thx bro. <br /><br />Saludos.

OK...

I am here.

I will start by explaining why I thought we should pause the evaluation...

The SWAT program is probably the most difficult set of requirements to achieve in the Legion, therefore, making this program a big goal to aim for and everyone involved inevitably feels very passionate about it. Specially those who have already obtained the status. But lets all not forget what this program aims for: replicating Sandtrooper armor, one of the original 6* seen on ANH, as they appear on the movie. Trying to copy all the details appearing in any of the Mos Eisley different scenes and make armor look like if they just stepped off the set.

What it is not, a program going for prop forgery. We dont need armor and gear to be made in the same way or techiques or even materials that was used in 76. We aim for the looks, not the functions. We want Sandtrooper armor to look just like the Sandtroopers patrolling the streets of mos eisley, not like the helmets being auctioned, in archives or in private collections.

Yes, we can use material from auctions and collections to compare and make better armor, but that is not actually the look we aim for.

It seems to me that once one trooper is cleared as a SWAT officer, we tend to feel that the next one should be even better, and I praise that feeling. That is what makes this detachment stand out from all the others. But lets not forget that is just a feeling or a thought. Not an actual goal per sé.

By saying this, I also want to say that we do want to strive for "perfection", but that is not to be reached in one or every single submission.

Lets all try to stay clear on what is actually needed for the program, even if sometimes it might feel like tougher than previous submissions, and what are nice to have mods and details.

For example: I modified my own TE2 armor with a sealing iron to have the chestplate shoulder straps more similar to ANH armor, just as the top of the thighs, but we should not expect everyone to do that. Same thing with the radio, I added, just as Dave Marsdens, a leathr like cover, but that is not required. Just a nice to have.

In the same way, there are many details that SWAT troopers have in their armors and that are way better than mine, but just cause they added them, doesnt mean I had too or that it will become a SWAT requirement.

Forgive me if I use my own armor as example, but it is the easiest thing from the top of my mind. :)

Now, This also doesnt mean that the feedback from the community, specially from our SWAT members, is not welcome. All the contrary, it is very welcome and actually expected. Just remember we are giving feedback, ideas and suggestions, not actually setting requirements.

Hope this does not comes aggressive as it is not. I just want to make a brief stop, and take things back to earth as I can see this turning into an unachievable submission fast, or even changing the game rules for the whole SWAT program, if I didnt step in.

Lets all be fair to all, keep aiming for better and more accurate armor, but lets not forget this program has a very tangible base, with a very intangible philosophy and a GREAT attitude of all the members of our beloved community. Lets keep those 3 balanced and this can only stay turning better and better.

Now... just it is clear from myself: I will keep being very very meticulous with evaluation, and standards will be kept very high, and I will welcome and actually be very thankful for everyone having an eye on submissions and speaking up their comments, concerns and opinions. We will altogether keep the SWAT program what it is, and maybe improve it with every submission, but lets be fair and objective.

WHat do you guys think?

Am I out of line here?

Certainly you are not, just want to make everyone agree and set a single front!

Thx you all for understanding and for your very important comments.

And Sorry Anthony for kidnapping your thread, but I think this is important.

Saludos

Juan