LFL archive photos

TKcaleb

WOW, thanks for sharing! i know those pictures would show up one day!

are those the pictures Matt took when he was at the LFL archive and if so did he permiss the public posting?

that would be the second mind change this month... :duim:

WOW, thanks for sharing! i know those pictures would show up one day!

are those the pictures Matt took when he was at the LFL archive and if so did he permiss the public posting?

that would be the second mind change this month... :duim:

Great pics for sure.

And no, to answer your question RoCKo, he didn't give permission.

Yeah, I had to lock that thread on FISD. I'm glad I didn't spend $100+ for the disk, and sorry for those that did.

The point was made, move along...

I was reading the posts over at FISD, and once again saw my name being brought into the mix.

I'm not able to post over there, so I'm going to post here in hopes that some of those same people will see what I have to say.

Here's a quote from someone about me in that thread:

"good point brian. but I'd still think that perhaps there should be a posting location in the "trash compactor" for individuals like matt G or let's say GINO.

maybe call it the BANNED list? or somthing like that. or somthing a little more clever than that?

newbies don't know the details of the situations... it would be good to see a place where new recruits can be warned about bad practices..."

Now, I was banned from FISD for voicing my opinions on recasting and the stance the 501st had taken on it. I was very frustrated over a particular situation at the time, but even so, I still did not resort to actually breaking the rules, or name calling. But what I said was so offensive to some, they felt I should be banned over it.

Ok, I get that.

But what is unfair is when I see posts like what I quoted above. As far as not being a reputable seller (although I don't really offer items all that often) is complete untrue.

To compare me to matt in terms of not delivering etc... is just wrong. I've never not delivered on anything someone had paid me money for. And even in instances were a delivery time when on for longer than planned, I was always super easy to get in contact with, and always kept that person updated all the way up until they received their item.

What I'm saying is, you don't have to like me for my views, but when it comes to the quality of my items or me delivering on them, my reputation is golden.

Someone mentioned that I somehow offered a reward for finding tie pilot hose then never paid up when found. This is also completely untrue.

At the time, I thought it would be a good idea to offer a bounty to anyone who could find it for me. I was looking also, but thought the more people looking the better the chances were. I never had intentions on making the source public whether I found it, or if someone found it for me. That is why I offered a bounty for it in the first place. Otherwise I just would have posted a thread saying, hey lets find this, and not said anything about me offering a reward.

Now during the search, I ended up finding the item on my own. To this day, and it's been years now, no one has found the correct hose besides me. So to say someone found it and I didn't pay up is completely incorrect. Now, one could say someone pointed me in the right direction. Well, that is not the case at all. There was nothing that anyone contributed that led me to the source in any way shape or form. However, even if it had (which it didn't), that still was not worthy of the reward I was offering. They had to actually find it, provide it to me, and promise to keep it exclusive between them and myself. That was the deal for the reward.

I had spent several hundred dollars over the course of a couple months buying up tons of samples in order to find the correct hose. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. And if you have to ask why I wouldn't just share it with everyone, there is a million reasons why I wouldn't, but i'll tell you the one at the top of the list. There are a handful of people in this hobby that I've had serious issues with (putting it mildly), and I'd rather no one have it, then let it fall into those people's hands. So in a way, a few a-holes ruined it for the rest. Lately I've been trying hard to soften up on this feeling but it's not something that happens overnight. Trust is a two way street, I'm trying to take the first step. If I see that people respect me at that point, then maybe I'll feel even more comfortable and start sharing even more. But again, one step at a time.

This may not seem like a lot, but for people who know me at all, for me this is a super huge step.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify these things for people. Feel free to post this over there.

I'm not interested in getting into heated debates over any of this anymore, but I definitely wanted people to know the truth about me.

And no, to answer your question RoCKo, he didn't give permission.

yeah, i´ve read the topic a little after i read it here! thanks for the link anyway, Noel!

while i´m happy to have seen those pictures i completly understand the feelings of the people who paid money for that DVD.

What I'm saying is, you don't have to like me for my views, but when it comes to the quality of my items or me delivering on them, my reputation is golden.

you know i´ve always been against hoarding informations but that is quoted for truth!

unfortunatly the thread is closed so this can´t be cross posted over at the FISD.

MODERATOR MODUS ON

and like Gino already wrote please dont discuss this in this thread so we don´t derail the actual topic here too! ;)

MODERATOR MODUS OFF

And that's why I'm excited to have you here still... so you can continue to prove that again and again! :duim:

Gino, this message is for you. I've never been much of a fan, but i am very sorry for the negative talk about you from others. That thread was made to expose the bluntly dishonest sale Matt made to me, and to make public the LFL photos. There was no need for anyone to compare you to Matt and I am sorry.

By the way, I read what you wrote over at the RPF, and i have to applaud you for taking this leap. Never in a million years would I have thought you would sell openly to the public. Kudos to you.

Regards

Caleb

Thanks Caleb, and pm sent.

Gino, this message is for you. I've never been much of a fan, but i am very sorry for the negative talk about you from others. That thread was made to expose the bluntly dishonest sale Matt made to me, and to make public the LFL photos. There was no need for anyone to compare you to Matt and I am sorry.

By the way, I read what you wrote over at the RPF, and i have to applaud you for taking this leap. Never in a million years would I have thought you would sell openly to the public. Kudos to you.

Regards

Caleb

unfortunatly the thread is closed so this can´t be cross posted over at the FISD.

How is that unfortunate? The thread was going off the rails - you'd do the same here if the same members who got riled up over there got riled up over here. I'm surprised that since they are members of both forums, that they chose to get in to a bit of a baiting war there but refrain here.

Gino was banned on FISD for very bad behavior. He was banned here too for awhile. Perhaps Gino may find himself unbanned on FISD in the future, so we'll watch the behavior and see.

... you'd do the same here if the same members who got riled up over there got riled up over here.

You bet "we" would. ;)

Hopefully that won't happen though. I've been very proud of our troopers here in a lot of recent forums and threads. I know most of us are on both forums... it must be the double suns that wear us out too much to get riled up here. B)

Seriously... I'm proud of you guys!!

How is that unfortunate? The thread was going off the rails - you'd do the same here if the same members who got riled up over there got riled up over here. I'm surprised that since they are members of both forums, that they chose to get in to a bit of a baiting war there but refrain here.

Gino was banned on FISD for very bad behavior. He was banned here too for awhile. Perhaps Gino may find himself unbanned on FISD in the future, so we'll watch the behavior and see.

I think as there is a section clearly promoting TE on the FISD the guy is still in business (Business maybe the wrong word ) That section i feel should be disolved into one or mixed into the other armour sections we have on there.new folk see TE armour and think great spend a ton of cash,the circle keeps going.This needs to be broken once and for all and what better time.My head drops every time i see yet another trooper getting nothing for there dollar,and yet the TE brand if you will remains large font bold print slap bang on the forum.

Even though this is becoming a very interesting thread, I will have to ask everybody to go back on topic.

This topic is about the LFL archive photos becoming available and in a way about the reasons why this happen. If anyone has anything to share that is related to this, but not about this specific topic, please start a new thread. Im sure everyone interested will post here and there too.

Thks for understanding.

Saludos.

:)

I think as there is a section clearly promoting TE on the FISD the guy is still in business (Business maybe the wrong word ) That section i feel should be disolved into one or mixed into the other armour sections we have on there.new folk see TE armour and think great spend a ton of cash,the circle keeps going.This needs to be broken once and for all and what better time.My head drops every time i see yet another trooper getting nothing for there dollar,and yet the TE brand if you will remains large font bold print slap bang on the forum.

Brilliant idea!

Strange. I haven't found it. Perhaps you can point it out to me.

I fully agree with this.

I am happy to disclose that Matt sold me a helmet 70*GBP with a promise that it would be signed and his last one.

I am lucky that I got the helmet.

NO SIGNATURE.

LAST ONE ?????

As a humble guy who works hard that is more than my months expenditure as I am sure many people hev spent.

I spend what I save and can afford and with all my bills and mortgage paid.

The point is I did not get the real deal and I feel so sorry for guys that have never seen the goods.

Please do not think my lack of posts shows any lack of knowledge as I have studied and watched these forums for a long time.

As TM said, this is not the way to get back at Matt, the best way we can help our people is by advis, advise, advise,

I DO RESPECT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, especially as I now see the man in the pics :-)s

As a service person we often see people enthralled and talking a lot about what they can never be :-)

Regards

Gra

Im very sorry for others that had spent a lot for his CD,its such a dissaster.

Caleb,i feel your pain,been there too(by other person outside SW props).

But though,i'm very happy,i think i saw Davin's helmet there,so its survived!?! :blink:

But i felt happy,sorry,and scared at the same time,weird feeling :mellow:

Wish the best for all of this :)

"How did the ones who paid get hurt? I'm just trying to understand this. They got what they paid for and at that time felt happy. The pictures haven't changed.They still have them .The only thing that changed is that some are now free....."

This is the sort of attitude I have been seeing alot of. People just dont get why some of us are upset about this. I dont know how the situation could be any clearer. We cant change what happened, just try to understand why what happened ****** off the group of people who have bought these CD's in the past.

Its like making a choice to buy a Lamborghini and the day after you buy it, everyone on your block is given a free one. Sure there is nothing wrong with that. But while you worked hard to get your car, everyone else did nothing at all to achieve the same end. You would feel pretty bad and think about all the other things you could have spent your money on.

That said I am glad the community can see some of these. I am glad for the people who I like anyway. The fact that alot of people who I dont like have them as well makes me feel pretty crappy.

That said I am glad the community can see some of these. I am glad for the people who I like anyway. The fact that alot of people who I dont like have them as well makes me feel pretty crappy.

So what you are saying is that you feel crappy and upset because people that you do not like have these photos. I can level with you about the Lamborghini scenario, but i have to admit, that's a pretty lousy thing to say.

Caleb

Let's keep it non-personal everyone. There's no offense when none is taken ya know. B)

My brother waited on the first iPhone... paid full price, then a month later Apple did the price cut. He wasn't mad though. He got the little bonus Apple did (which was cool) but he had the iPhone for a month before everyone else did. And that's what he chose to do. He didn't care that other people got it cheaper.

There's actually ancient story about workers getting the same thing and complaining that this reminds me a lot of too. Those that know it know what I mean.

So was this (what I just posted) ON topic or OFF? :P

Let's keep the thread about the pictures. Not about feelings or thoughts or anything else. Because we can all agree on two things...

1) we hate Ewoks.

2) we hate Jar Jar Binks more. :D

This is great for the community, losing a supposed edge or some sort of superiority over others is why Paul et al are upset.

Midnight and Paul, you both are old timers and both know that every TE 'deal' goes south, I am surprised you were silly enough to buy anything from him. Past deals that you both knew about prior to this as follows, GINO vs TE, AP/GF vs TE, FON vs TE, the list goes on and on.

This was bound to happen at some point...

Joe