TD7930

Name: Mike Mautz

Legion ID: TD-7930

Forum Name: Miksi

Garrison: German Garrison

Trooper Emulated: Captain Road-Block-Version

Me on the left showing the weathering which is going after Mr. "move along"

Posted Image

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

next pic shoing my puffy pauldron with the round detail:

Posted Image

next is my backpack which is based on a crashmann-kit. Syphon by Gordon, Large Dial by Vodoo and some ohter details are selfmade:

Posted Image

here all of my gear togehter:

Posted Image

Latex-Rubber Gloves with Latex-Handguards:

Posted Image

my rivets on the left:

Posted Image

snap on the right:

Posted Image

the beeeeeep-snaps:

Posted Image

the front-snap:

Posted Image

my TK-boots:

Posted Image

my E-11 Blaster with real weapon parts:

Posted Image

canvas MP40-pouch on the left shoulder:

Posted Image

my MP40-leather Pouches on the hips. One is original ;) If i get another one, they will be replaced!

Posted Image

the Abdomen with the charakteristik weathering-spot:

Posted Image

a side by side comparison from the original to mine:

Posted Image

helmet comparison:

Posted Image

my real tubecrack:

Posted Image

and to see it complete..here in action: the second from the left:

Posted Image

show me your identification!

Posted Image

and here: the first from the left:

Posted Image

yes...it´s me

Posted Image

I hope, i dind´t forget anything important..? We´ll see :-)

For those, who are interested in the gear:

It´s a 3mm HIPS Movie FX Armour (from Germany), a 1.5mm PT-Helmet, painted extra to fit to the armour. Mic-Tips by VAJ from Germany, Sandtrooper-Tubestripes from TK-4510. Boots are TK-Boots, Handguards are from Sonnenschein. Backpack is by Crashmann, syphon by Gordon , Large Radio Dial by Vodoo. My Blaster is a full resin-blaster with real aluminium and weapon parts (full aluminium blaster comming soon ;)). The armour is weathered with black and dark brown water-based (airbrush)acrylics, rough cleaning-sponges, towels and shoe polish!

As you can see, i spent hours and days to go right afer the "move along" trooper. Some might call me crazy, but YES..i cut a real crack in the right tube, to get the original look. It is glued with fiberglass from the inside to get the crack fixed. It´s a very massive armour (some like it, some don´t) It weighs (all in all) about 15 Kilos = 30 pounds. After 2 Days of troopin´in it, you really know, what you did the last days ;)

Please don´t wonder about my handguards on the trooping-pics. I got my hardplastic-guards with me as backup and used it the second day, cause the latexguards had to be glued again.

So let´s see, what happens :)

Cheers, Mike

"move along...move along"...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great bro!

I have read your application and need to check some specifics and compared to the real move along trooper.

But since that is the trooper I have studied the most, I can tell you already that you are looking great.

:D

There is one thing I need to ask you already. And that is to modify the pouches to better resemble what we see on ANH.

This, I would not do to the original one, just to the replicas. So, good luck you had those.

ANH production pouches were not real, but are assumed as reproductions made by the art department in 76.

So this will work perfectly with the proper mods.

Here you go:

Leather MP40

trim the flaps so that it better resembles the ANH pouches like this:

post-1761-0-05145100-1307745273_thumb.jp

This mod was also done by Smally http://forum.mepd.ne...topic=8499&st=0, so maybe you can find some interest info and references on his SWAT thread:

Canvas MP38/40

The tool box should be placed more to the right. The middle of the tool box should meet the edge of the right most slot. Make the blue and green lines meet and thats it.

post-1761-0-83119700-1307745219_thumb.jp

Also, if you could post a picture of your knee strap, just to check out how you trimmed it. I can't see it in any picture.;)

I will review your request during the weekend, but you can work on these mods if you want to.

The joy ride starts!!

Great job so far!

Saludos

Juan

Good luck Bro :td:

Possible some close up of the helmet frown minus any mesh can't really see in the pic and lenses i missed that one on my pics. ;)

SWAT is the way to go

ok..there we go:

the Pouches were trimmed and the toolbox´s place moved to the right:

Posted Image

and again:

Posted Image

you asked for my lenses and frown: Btw: my frown never has seen any mesh ;) and never will!! he he..

Posted Image

my shins.. Assembled original after the AHN with the small gaps:

Posted Image

and at least my thighs: also assembled in the AHN-style:

Posted Image

Pauldron follows asap! I´ll have to add the additional snaps first! ;)

Cheers, Mike

Hey Rolf...i know that. I added the snaps as you can see. I am looking for a Trooper 1 Pauldron, hope mine is ok so far? I didn´t want to remove the whole leather-section, so i just put in the 4 snaps, to get the optical effects. Anybody found something else? :jawa: :jawa:

Hey Rolf...i know that. I added the snaps as you can see. I am looking for a Trooper 1 Pauldron, hope mine is ok so far? I didn´t want to remove the whole leather-section, so i just put in the 4 snaps, to get the optical effects. Anybody found something else? :jawa: :jawa:

Good you are getting the Trooper1 pauldron bro, its the best out there ;)

yes man.. i hope to get a trooper-1 Pauldron soon! And when we´re all at the cantina bar, i´ll get you some tatooine-beer! Cause I was the one, who was overrun by the old Jedi and let the droids pass through .. :obiwan::td:

danm :D

Sorry for the delay bro.

I have been busy at work and home. But I have some time now to review your stuff.

I have to say it looks great already. The comparison shot with the move along trooper is impressive.

Weathering and overall looks is looking good.

For the weathering, chestplate looks awesome. Maybe the rest of the body parts just need a background layer with a more organic/scrubbed look. Check out any of the SWAT deployment threats. Maybe that will help explain better what I mean.

or is it necessary to remove the leather things to get 2 cm into the first "puffy" pauldron-area? :mellow:

This would be great.

Sorry for that...

If you are getting a trooper1 pauldron, this is already done anyway.

Are you?

If you are going on with this pauldron, then, I need to see a picture showing the puffy black sections on both sides. It looks like it is puffy just on one side, but could be the pictures.

Also,

I need to see a picture of how you trimmed the edges (sides) of the knee ammo belt.

On the knee plate. It looks like it is a bit too high. The middle angles should be aligned to the middle of the "strap" like detail on the top of the shin.

Backpack

This is the area where you will find the greater area for improvements.

The radio is looking OK. Great for Police Officer Standards even. But since this faceplate is not as accurate as some others have achieved (eithe scratch built or kits), we feel there is the need for you to make it look better more accurate.

Some hints: the move along trooper has an all black radio faceplate. No green dial.

Also, there are different layers of detail on the faceplate. This could be done with plastic sheets or for sale signs.

Also, I cant see the small knobs. But one looks not that accurate. If you could modify it to have the small detail of the little fin (the right one), that would be awesome.

If you decide to mode or partially use this faceplate for your final one, you could drill out the holes on the speaker, considering that not all of them are the same size. Specially the one on the center.

Bee stinger looks a bit to centered. Maybe move it to the left.

Also, the move along trooper uses silver brackets to mount the stinger. I cant see yours but that would be a great detail to add.

The seedtrays could be more close together, almost touching each other. On your pack, there is a small gap between them. If you could close it it would be much better.

If you could post some pictures of your pack from the sides to better see the details, it would be great.

Finally on the pac, if you could remove the rust dripping from the screws would better resemble the screen used pack. There is a subtle weathering on the pack, but not to these degree. Also considering that we can not definitely see any screws of whatever holding the two sides of the trays together other than the tape on the blue one.

Also, if you could post some more pictures of your E11. It looks great but I would like to see some more detailed picts of it if possible.

Thats what I see so far Mike. But... what do you think?

Check out other requests and let me know if I am going too shallow or too deep in my evaluation and review...

It is very important for us to hear what you (and everyone) have to say about this evaluations and the whole SWAT program.

If you need any more input or have any question, let me know... Just post or PM me.

I will be happy to help.

Saludos.

Juan

Hey Guys, Saludos, Juan!

Thanks for all your critics. Honestly i am a little bit surprised and also disappointed, how much i obviously did wrong with my backpack. It was my first costume at that time and so i obviously din´t spent enough time for research and reference-pics. So i got a lot of homework to do. :mellow: It comes to the point, where I have to ask myself, if it´s worth to configure all these points on my pack (the material won´t get better), or should i start a new one without "mistakes" from zero and get the better and accurate faceplate.? I´ll have to sleep a night or two over it and let you know, what i am going to do. Unfortunately i can´t afford all these things right now, cause I am still in education till october. What´s for sure is a Trooper1 Pauldron (soon) and a Blastech-Full Aluminium E-11 Blaster with moveable parts (when they´re ready in about 2 months)...

but man.. that´s S.W.A.T.

Best Regards,

Mike

Hey Bro...

Thx for your reply.

Honestly, is not that bad.

The only thing I think you might need to start again (if that is what you choose) is the radio faceplate. You can do an awesome one using a few "for sale" plastic signs and the tutorials on this forum. Not too expensive, maybe just a bit of time consuming. But isn't that the whole hobby?

Really bro, most of the mods or adjustments needed are more a drilling and painting thing than getting or buying.

Your gear is great. Dont be disappointed at all. SWAT is way more demanding and more personal than police officer deployment, but at the end I am sure it will be worth of all the extra work.

Think about it bro as much as you need to, and whenever and whatever you decide we will be here to help you out anyway we can.

Good luck bro!

Hope to see you join he SWAT team very soon!

Saludos

Juan

OK... i will do that!. It will just take some time..It´s not done in a few hours, like the other adjusments. Thanks for your help! So i have to study especially this pack a bit more. We´ll see the progress..

:td: