Farpoint, Feb. 18th 2006 Recap

TD-1536

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hold up...hold up... I for one, had a back pack on! Inspect those pictures, you'll see it.

Matter of fact, once I checked into my room, I took off only my chest and arm armor to um... relax a bit... then, because I had some cargo to retrieve from my shuttle, I didn't want to suit back up only for a quick run. So, I threw on my flight jacket. Kinda interesting look, half flight jacket, half armor.

What exactly was going there?

Now the SaA is telling me that he was running around "half-dressed", clearly a violation of the uniform code!

Now sarge, I did notice the backpack. I commend you on your attention to detail and your "comfort or no comfort, I'm wearing my backpack" attitude!

However, my comments to the CO were in regards to "the others" who clearly did not show the "desired" attention to detail or personal sacrifice as that exhibited by the Sergeant-at-Arms!

Guns

Guns

I had my pack on earlier in the day, you can just make it out as Im standing to Old Sarge's left. My shoulder pouch is attatched to the pack straps and thats why I did not have it (pouch) on for the group shots, had to ditch the pack due to technical difficulties. I need to rig the pouch seperately and fix my pack. Oh well... first time out with it, I'll get it right.

I bought the pint. Never miss the chance to get in good with the DL.

Well done my young sandtrooper!

You were within regulations...AND as far as the XO is concerned the only sandtrooper in the CORRECT configuration (besides the SaA)!

Yousa wear your backpack yousa have your ammo pouches visible in the front of your armor. Yousa NO wear your backpack, you shouldn't HAVE your (shoulder/chest) ammo pouches period. Mesa pat you on your pauldron! Good job.

Well done my young sandtrooper. Should we ever meet up mesa buy yousa a beverage of choice! Cheehoo!!!

Guns

ePS: No worries on the pint for the DL. I'll overlook the bribe. FYI: A very acceptable custom within the Imperial ranks...

I will not wear a pouch without pack again SIR! Your drink on me, SIR!

I'd like to add that I was fully not going to wear the pouch without pack but then... I saw the SaA with a pouch and no pack at an event last month so I figured good for the SaA, good for me

Anyone know where to get an accurate pack? My homemade style just won't cut it in this company, **** you Seth and Mike! :whisper: GF or TE?

I will not wear a pouch without pack again SIR! Your drink on me, SIR!

I'd like to add that I was fully not going to wear the pouch without pack but then... I saw the SaA with a pouch and no pack at an event last month so I figured good for the SaA, good for me

Anyone know where to get an accurate pack? My homemade style just won't cut it in this company, **** you Seth and Mike! :whisper: GF or TE?

haha... the Polar Bear Plunge Event. While I think the ammo pouch is connected to the back pack strap, I attach mine to the little strap that connects the shoulder bell to the shoulder strap. It still flops around and is in a similar 'movie' position, but it does not ride up or down like it would attached to the vertical backpack harness. Plus, I was just test fitting everything that day anyway... that was the first event with the new TE stuff.

As for back packs... when I get mine done in the next few days, I think you guys are going to shart yourselves. It was only about 75% done at Farpoint. When complete, I fully intend to make a full write up on all the parts so that it can be documented for everyone wanting to make one. A lot of the specialized parts I had to fabricate from sheet plastic.

I may have to site the Xo here. Use of Jar-Jar speak. I think you owe us all a drink for having to read that.

Stand down trooper!

As your XO, I am "educating" as I execute my duties. One of our primary duties here is to subjugate the local alien groups - one proven method is to effectively communicate with all using their own language thereby gaining their trust AND cooperation making our jobs here a little bit easier. "More you hear, better communicators you are."

Guns

As for back packs... when I get mine done in the next few days, I think you guys are going to shart yourselves. It was only about 75% done at Farpoint. When complete, I fully intend to make a full write up on all the parts so that it can be documented for everyone wanting to make one. A lot of the specialized parts I had to fabricate from sheet plastic.

Hey Sarge,

I like see! I like see your backpack...I like see some pictures please! Mesa SO curious!

Guns

ePS: Ah, "shart" myself??

Guns

ePS: Ah, "shart" myself?? [/b]

It's a combination of two words.

One starts with SH, the other ends with ART. When you think you're going to ART, but actually SH... If you happen to have the misfortune of doing this in your armor, it would be a bad day indeed. And I think a few demerits would be in order, too.

Back to the hat issue, I just snagged one on ebay. I think so did some other folks, there were 5 bids on the stupid thing! Now were can I find on of the proper emblem thingys to put on the front?

Kenny the Elvis trooper.

MIKE!! You put ribs on your Hyper-firm Lewis Gun!! It looks fantastic, what did you wind up using?!

I must echo the same question to the SaA put forth by Tony K...HOW did you accomplish that?

Since I too am a very lucky owner of a Sci-fire hyper-firm rubber Lewis Gun, I too would very much like my weapon to look at the Sergeant's.

C'mon Sarge, tell us! Please tell us, please...

I pondered how to do it for a while... almost a week or so, and the solution was right in front of me in my stockpile of junk parts. A ribbed plastic garden-type water drain pipe that you can buy at any Lowe's or Home Depot in any length. I still had to remove about two inches of width to match the width of the gun. It's held on using those long zip ties - the kind Cops use to quickly detain perps. You can buy a pack of them for about $2.00.

So, it looks good, it's solid, light, not permanent and it holds paint.

I have better pictures of it on my other computer... I'll post those later tonight.

Mike's Lewis looked great, the paint job is fantastic and the rib idea is a clever solution to a perplexing problem. I think I'll follow his lead there for now.

Looking forward I was thinking of trying to make accurate non permenant add on ribs and doohicky for the hyperfirm Lewis. I'm thinking using the same high strength resin Bill is using to make his Lewis guns would be super durable. I think I've found the material for the master. It would be a clam shell fit - casting up just one side. Crazy??

Of course I could end up spending $$ and find the drain pipe is better - that stuff costs $3 for 10' I have to try to make this gun uber-accurate, it deserves it.