Farpoint, Feb. 18th 2006 Recap

TD-1536

It was great to meet everyone once again, and an awesome showing of Sandies, too. Here's a few pics...

Also, you'll notice that Seth and I busted out our custom officer caps. I started this idea last summer at Shoreleave. Seth caught on, curious to see how many more start popping up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I had a great time. It was really great to meet everyone in person! (And to see some familiar faces as well!) That's an east german officers cap. Black and grey. Look on ebay, but make sure the colors are right. They tend to go for $10-$15. Take off the emblem from the front, and stick on a imp rank disk.

It was great being the dominant imperial presence! We missed out on a couple other MEPD guys for the group picture, sorry Sarge and John! I had a great time seeing Seth and Mike and their amazing armor, really sets the bar high. Great time. Another thing that I loved, all stunt helmets!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh Man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't someone tell me that the Old Sarge was going to be there??? I would have LOVED to get his autograph. He's my hero! I'm so bummed!

Guns

ePS: Ah, fellas, who's the fellow wearing the cardboard box?

Hey guys,

Chris here (the middle troop in the group shots). The Sandies definitely ruled the day at Farpoint. Mike & Seth - great to finally meet you guys.

It was also a real honor to spend some time with "Old Sarge Oberon". He is more of a celeb to me than the TV actors there. I cornered him for a good while. Cant wait to troop and toss a few more back with this crew soon.

Very proud of our guys in Tyranus for having 4 TDs there (5 if you count Mark in the posterboard armor, haha). Way to represent fellas!

Oh yeah,

Well, the guys do look pretty! The armor looks impressive.

But, WHERE"S THE BACKPACKS!!!??? Where's the fashion police! Whaaaaaaaaaa!

C'mon gang we're sandtroopers here for crying out loud!! Where's the XO when you need him!

Soldier, you're out regs! Get down and give me twenty!! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

Guns {SMILIES_PATH}/salute.gif

Oh crud, not push-ups! Cut us a break, it was 20 degrees & windy, and we were changing in the parking lot! No time for a pack, I can't feel my fingers! I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to Imperial high command. I wasn't properly equipped to deal with the Hoth-like weather! Seriously though, I have to work on a new pack, my old one just isn't up-to-par with my new armor.

Oh brother...

Stop your groveling man! You're the commander for goodness sakes!

Okay, okay. It's cold, it's windy, the troops dressed in ah, ah...PARKING LOT? How undignified! Blah!

Didn't think my troops would be at fault. Sounds like the venue is responsible! Thanks sir. I will continue my investigations.

Guns

OH GEEZ!!!

C'mon boss, you're NOT A CHUMP!!! In my capacity as your appointed XO I was just ensuring that the high standards of the MEPD were being met. (Memo to internal affairs forthwith)

Thank you for the SITREP on the weather conditions AND the logistics of the "dressing room" - the combination of both those factors would indeed dictate the "armor of the day". I am certain that you took all this into consideration and afforded the troops the "option" to carry backpacks.

My investigation continues...

Guns

No worries bro. I inspected all armor, and was happy to not find a single pauldron-slapper! (well, except for the guy wearing posterboard... ) The MEPD was in full force, and well armed. Backpacks were able to be forgone, since we set up our base-of-operations in a local cantina. Food and drink were easily obtained from the friendlier-than-usual staff. (on the Empire's tab, of course) Oh, and who bought me the pint? (Thank you, btw) I'm so bad with names. That deserves an accomodation! I'll make a medal for troops who by each other a brew! Nothing official 501st of course, maybe just with aluminum foil... I'll post progress pics, post haste!

Ah, I take it then that you participated in the consumption of beverages AFTER official operations were concluded??

(Update to internal affairs: Possible violation of MEPD Regulation 421-001138, fraternizing with alien group while acting in the official capacity of designated detachment leader or commander )

Great boss! I'm certainly glad you guys had a "good" time. Ah, by the way sir, what was the Sergeant at Arms up to?

My investigation continues...(geez - did I open up a can of worms!)

Guns

Oh man!!!

The DL, "half-armored" in the docking bay!? What a sight.

Well, I'm glad to say that I've finished my investigation and I'm happy to report sir that no violations occurred. My investigation revealed that the on-site commander handled his duties competently and "lead by example".

The troopers should be commended for their tenacity in displaying the "first through the (bar) door" mentality that places the MEPD forces "head and shoulders" above the rest.

Where's my Fresca?

Guns