*ACTIVATED* TD-5996 / SIR DAVID / SWAT OFFICER # 005

sir david

Name: DAVE HARRIS

Legion ID #: TD-5996

Forum Name:SIR DAVID

Garrison:UNITED KINGDOM GARRISON

Trooper Emulated: STOP THAT SHIP/DOCKING BAY 94 SQUAD LEADER

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

hi guys thought i'd start the ball rolling here with my swat attempt.

juan,rick,noel and rolf among others have seen my progress for a while on face book,i just need boots to finish,but,i'll post some earlier pics anyway,until brad or dave can get round to take the final ones!

THE HELMET...

Posted Image

think thats it????? just need the action pics taking,and if ive forgot anything,please give me a nudge guys! :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THE ARMOUR WEATHERING...... ( THIS IS THE ARMOUR MY BUDDY ,AND FIRST U.K SWAT TROOPER, "SMALLY" KINDLY GAVE TO ME! :) )

I HAVE USED ONE PIGMENT ONLY HERE HERE GUYS !!!! (as per 76' ) , I CHOSE TO GO WITH BURNT UMBER ! (as the jundland wastes sand seemed to have a "reddish hue "to it ! ) , but if you want a "browner,less reddish shade,RAW UMBER would be ok! , I THEN WEATHERED THE ARMOUR USING A COMBINATION OF HARD,AND SOFT BRISTLED BRUSHES in the "SLAP IT ON IN A RUSH" style ! (as per 76'), AND A LITTLE SPONGE WORK !!!! ,- and that was after i had a very informative chat with my buddy ANTHONY FORREST! :td: - to ask questions regarding the techniques used on set for weathering the armour back in 76' ! ..... THANX MATEY! ) .... i also took black and white pics to compare my weathering to the original tunisia off screen black and white pics from 76', where mollo and the prop guys were weathering the td's up and also using some great information on weathering from archive sources ! B):) ......

Posted Image

Posted Image

i have also replicated the "white belt line" on the ab where,after weathering in 76',during takes the belt must have slipped down on anthony to reveal the white section on the ab armour as per "move along" roadblock captain!

PAULDRON....

Posted Image

ARMOUR MODS.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

BLASTER.....

my scratch-built T -21,complete with a genuine Lewis gun stock mounted sling bracket and also ,genuine Lee Enfield slings too ! :) (THANX TO PANDATROOPER for the awesome T-21 templates, his inspiration for "dry brush" weathering, and his awesome tutorial (here on MEPD )that helped me to build this big, heavy baby!!! THANX TERRY! B):) ) .... I will remove the "scope sight", and the curly wire will stay,as per 76' !!!!

(scope sight will still be used for certain troop events)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GLOVES...... thanx to billy (BILLHAG) for the kind gift of the latex handplates :) without his help on this,i'd be stuck!!!! :salute:

Posted Image

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bless you bro! :)

there will be a little surprise on my armour in the final action shots too just to get it nearer to 76' style! ;)

b.t.w ,i have based the weathering on the "move along" roadblock captain (single pigment weathering) hope this is acceptable for "stop that ship" ????

Very nice my friend. One question I have right off. Where are the rivets, or where does the shoulder strap under your armpit attach? Screen had the small leather patch on top with the flat side rivets. I dont see them and was just wondering.

Cant wait to see more of this one progress. :popcorn: Best of luck, your looking good.

oh,and the details ......

Posted Image

i have replicated the "move along" road block captains "white belt line" on the ab plate too ,to get the 76' feel! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice my friend. One question I have right off. Where are the rivets, or where does the shoulder strap under your armpit attach? Screen had the small leather patch on top with the flat side rivets. I dont see them and was just wondering.

Cant wait to see more of this one progress. :popcorn: Best of luck, your looking good.

on the pauldron jay??? ,look at the back of the pauldron strap near the mortar tube in the pic below..... my attempt at copying this is the next photo.....

i originally did this at the back but juan pointed out it looked like the shoulder bell strap (hence the low sitting bell on the pauldron side) ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

is that what you meant bro???

on the pauldron jay??? ,look at the back of the pauldron strap near the mortar tube in the pic below..... my attempt at copying this is the next photo.....

i originally did this at the back but juan pointed out it looked like the shoulder bell strap (hence the low sitting bell on the pauldron side) ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

is that what you meant bro???

Yeah, what Juan thought, is what Rolf and I thought when we designed the ones I make now.

You have the look now! with the change you made.

oh, and i suppose i gotta add the " customary" SWAT emoticon too ! ;) ......... :popcorn

A GENERAL IDEA ON HOW MY ARMOUR LOOKS (me on the right) AT A RECENT TROOP ALONGSIDE SWAT DEPLOYED BROTHERS SMALLY ,AND JK007 !!! :)

(i had a pack on here though! ;) )

Posted Image

oh, and i suppose i gotta add the " customary" SWAT emoticon too ! ;) ......... :popcorn:

LOL

This is us watching all this unfold! LOL Like watching a good action film. Cant wait to see what happens next, and then be able to hit the pub after to talk about all the excitement..... :D

LOL

This is us watching all this unfold! LOL Like watching a good action film. Cant wait to see what happens next, and then be able to hit the pub after to talk about all the excitement..... :D

bless you bro! love those 2 popcorn munching guys though! always brings a smile to my face! :)

back to the helmet guys.... first,the tooth mesh WILL BE REMOVED FOR FINAL PICS!!! ;)

as i have said, i have studied the original MOVE ALONG lid on starwarshelmets.com and have tried to replicate it as near as i can......

first,......

THE UNEVEN TUBE STRIPES (i wish i had got the HAND PAINTED LOOK ones now! :( ) ......

Posted Image

Posted Image

"WONKY HOVI MIC TIPS"...

Posted Image

CRACK AND CHIPS ON THE HELMET ....

Posted Image

TRAP DETAILS SIMULATING THE ORIGINAL HELMET....

Posted Image

i have tried to simulate the very SCRUFFY ("do it quickly people!!- cos time costs money on set !!!! " ) handpainted look of the 76' lids using HUMBROL paints of course! ;)

GRADE 5 GREEN welding lense applied....

Posted Image

AND THE HELMET FROM THE FRONT ....

Posted Image

i think bar the mesh removal,that about covers the helmet....again,if i missed anything let me know guys! :)

NOW, BACK TO THE BLASTER ..... we can clearly see the curly phone wire where the barrel meets the reciever as compared to the "scope sight" that most of us use ,and now take as canon on our T-21'S ! .... an enormous thanx to my UKG/FISD/MEPD buddy BILLHAG for pointing that out to me! and sending me other links to T-21 details to aid my build!!! :duim::salute:

Posted Image

the "scope sight " will be removed for final pics,but i will use it for trooping ,as it may be sturdier than the wire! ,but then again i have a choice of the 2 now! :)