How to know if you are a real fan?

TD7606

Oh a man after my own heart lol!!! He is dirty and has a VW!!!!!!!!!! Got to get one for my VW rabbit convert as well and my truck!!! Oh and if there is a thought on a MEPD car sticker I'm all for that!!!!!! I am thinking about getting one of those "got sand?" stickers and putting it next to a trooper helmet with a pauldron added. Now that would be cool!!!!!

Katt

Oh dang! Now I feel even worse about selling my Karman Ghia earlier this week

It was my 3rd VW and the one I owned the longest. Hopefully one day I will own that 21 window deluxe.

Sweet 65 there PNerves!

Anyway, heres a couple of shots of a tag I made for my current "family friendly" vehicle:

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Later

NICE! I would love a either a camper or the 21 window deluxe! Those would be great to take the whole family trooping! We have station wagons now which I also love, but there is no love like the love of your VW. I just sold my Ghia "The Shark" earlier this week. After 10 years it was in need of a resto and I just dont have the money or time. I sold it to a home builder who wanted to restore it with his son so I guess it went to a good home. Still, I wanted to give it to my daughter some day, after all, I did name her Karmen.

This pic was actually in VWTrends magazine back in 2000 (Jul or Aug I think) in a feature called "drive your VW to work day".

Posted Image

Later

And then this happened not 3 hours after my last post:

Posted Image

Having taken the pic in my earlier post the night before, that was the last time I would see my car in one piece and yes, the tag I made is now destroyed

Everyone is OK, my wife was by herself when it happened and she wasnt hurt which is the most important thing. Now to find another car and start thinking of a new plate to make.

Later

And then this happened not 3 hours after my last post:

Posted Image

Having taken the pic in my earlier post the night before, that was the last time I would see my car in one piece and yes, the tag I made is now destroyed

Everyone is OK, my wife was by herself when it happened and she wasnt hurt which is the most important thing. Now to find another car and start thinking of a new plate to make.

Later

You have got to be shi...ing me. That is terrible I am glad to hear she is ok though. You are right that is the most important thing. That is just unbelievable. I wouldn't have believed it without the previous post.

Cool I grew up pounding the sand in my dad's dunebuggies. The crazy old man build 42 total over the years, sometimes I wonder about him LOL. I would like to get a white Fiber Jet glass buggy and add the imperial cogs on it, maybe a MEPD decals on the sides.

And I too am glad your wife is ok. I hate it when things like that happen.

Katt

Here is what the kit looks like BTW. Dad made a green metalflake one it rocked

Posted Image

Hey Katt get a couple of troopers and some bfg's and maybe a hibotchi in the back of that bad boy and that should make for quite the day at the beach!!!Since i live here at th e beach stop by and i'll ride on the hood (if there isn't any room left in the buggy..)