*ACTIVATED* TD-3936 / TROOPER1 / SWAT OFFICER # 002

trooper1

Ok, here is what I could find with a quick search:

Move Along Pack, that is supposed to be the same used by the Look Sir Droids trooper, but prior to repairs.

It does have the tube.

Anyway... I don't know if this should be needed since we CAN'T actually see it on the desert scene.

Opinions?

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6769&pid=84371&st=0entry84371

Saludos.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem guys, I have just got back from Lowes and the test tube is drying.

The weathering is drying as well, and the tape is gone.

I will post up pictures later when I get the tube done and mounted.

No problem guys, I have just got back from Lowes and the test tube is drying.

The weathering is drying as well, and the tape is gone.

I will post up pictures later when I get the tube done and mounted.

look at you go man :)

I'll jump in here and say one thing as a sort of "aside" or "note to others"...

Your armor/TD does look GREAT just as everyone said before Juan got to actually posting the concerns we have with it being deployed as SWAT. That isn't an issue — the armor being great I mean. The issue comes down to does it match every single little minute thing that SWAT is exemplifying.

What's bad about this program is that it ends up seeming like "what we like vs. what you like."

Or, maybe better put, "what we think is 'right' vs. what you think is 'right.'"

Obviously that's not the case though — and hopefully everyone knows that.

I really, REALLY REALLY, appreciate your attitude and response in all this Jay!

You're willing to take the input and feedback, ask questions where you DO wonder (which people will wonder) and then go out and "do" the things needed once they're decided on!

The truth is — and yes, I know we're harping on this — SWAT isn't "the next step" in the way that many are, I'm afraid, thinking of it.

It is a very HARD thing to assess!! And HAS to be done in a case-by-case, item-by-item way.

It's harder than with TD than the TK centurion program is going to be because we can (and are) matching specific troopers.

So... all that to say, great watching this happen, and thanks Jay for the understanding, willingness, and fortitude!

You're one of the trail blazers!!

Thanks too to my command staff, especially Juan as the deployment officer, for making this program actually workable!

Okay... side note is over.

Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion. B)

Ok,

here is the helmet and Chest piece after redoing the weathering with more burnt umber and a little black mix. I think it looks better, even the forearms, thighs and cod do look better, took away the yellowish cast. I took and printed a picture to go off of. the bad part, these are close up, and the screen cap is from a distance.

Also the tape is gone, and the test tube is on.

:DPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/weasel401/DSC_0343-2.jpg[/img]Posted ImagePosted Image

Ok here are the rest of the corrections.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He´s pack is all right i guess.

Both the look sir droid trooper, and the drewback trooper have the same move a long back pack on.

But whit out the black tape as you post above on the blue tray:

Look sir droids trooper:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drewback trooper:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its the captain, whit the look sir droid trooper there have the so called sergeant oil filter pack on:

Posted Image

Jay´s suit looks good i think.

I see a few things as our beloved DO also point out, maybe upgrade the weathering a bit.

Its a AP right, so its no way near as accurate as a ANH TM suit.

But i still think we shall allow other good suits like TE line age suits, AP etc.

I´m not sure if we also wanna see accurate strapping for SWAT deployment.

I guess not for now, as long as all the dots and snaps out side are accurate in the right places etc.

Over and out for now, hope to see you by my side real soon bro :)

Actually Rolf it is a hybrid, part AP, and part TM.

Hey man... first off, just so you know, the accurate strapping isn't required at all. Only the outside must be accurate. If you've duct-taped the whole thing onto your body for photos and it looks perfect then that's good. Strapping doesn't matter.

Understand that I'm putting on my, very impersonal, "Command Staff Helmet" here.

We have to address these SWAT deployment requests honestly and fairly... but "fair" isn't a barometer between you and others, it's between you and the screen used / scene stuff.

That being said, we still feel like you've got the weathering really close in pattern, but it still looks too heavy.

Look at this picture...

Posted Image

Compared to this...

Posted Image

We feel it's great on the pattern... but overly dark.

I was telling the Command Staff guys this is one of THE REASONS I may not get swat for some time. Because to get it you have to leave behind all of your opinions and go by strictly what is seen on screen and in reference photos. If you like weathering a bit more heavy — which I personally do — then SWAT may not be for you. I know that's the case for me... and am still deciding if I'm going to redo the things I need to do to get it. And I'm not saying that's the case for you. I hope you change the stuff and get it. But it's going to be the case for more of us than less of us I think.

Anyway... you're almost there I'd say!

Keep on troopin' along and we're here for ya!! :salute:

Hey man... first off, just so you know, the accurate strapping isn't required at all. Only the outside must be accurate. If you've duct-taped the whole thing onto your body for photos and it looks perfect then that's good. Strapping doesn't matter.

Understand that I'm putting on my, very impersonal, "Command Staff Helmet" here.

We have to address these SWAT deployment requests honestly and fairly... but "fair" isn't a barometer between you and others, it's between you and the screen used / scene stuff.

That being said, we still feel like you've got the weathering really close in pattern, but it still looks too heavy.

Look at this picture...

Posted Image

Compared to this...

Posted Image

We feel it's great on the pattern... but overly dark.

I was telling the Command Staff guys this is one of THE REASONS I may not get swat for some time. Because to get it you have to leave behind all of your opinions and go by strictly what is seen on screen and in reference photos. If you like weathering a bit more heavy — which I personally do — then SWAT may not be for you. I know that's the case for me... and am still deciding if I'm going to redo the things I need to do to get it. And I'm not saying that's the case for you. I hope you change the stuff and get it. But it's going to be the case for more of us than less of us I think.

Anyway... you're almost there I'd say!

Keep on troopin' along and we're here for ya!! :salute:

LOL :blink: THATS WHAT I THOUGHT!, but from what I took from Juan's comments is that it needed MORE BURNT UMBER!

I was totally against it, but willing to go for it if that is what it took. So I did.... NOW its to much. LOL

Cant win for loosing.

I will strip it back again,and start again.

The pic you show is the one I originally used, and then I said the light was alot of the problem. Which it was.

I will try to find photos of CV where the group shots were taken on the stairs.

I was the bottom front Left closest. See the weathering compared to that.

No problems though except I agree with you, and agreed with you yesterday. I am not one for alot of weathering either. I will change it though one more time. In the pic you are referring, there is ALOT of white showing, where as the screened black and white photo it looks very dirty. It should be as you say, not so much. Shoot it was oil and dirt that was used and wiped off when the scene was over anyhow. LOL

Will get right on it boss. Please just get EVERYONE on the same page though when speaking about weathering.

This is getting to be stressful. :D

Please just get EVERYONE on the same page though when speaking about weathering.

This is getting to be stressful. :D

Yeah, I understand!

And yes... it's the weathering that we (the MEPD) has where the FISD has a lot of other things. But I think our dealing with weathering on the SWAT deployments is going to put quite a few people into a "wait... what did they say?" spin. :P

Ok, here is the chest armor after cleaing it up getting ready to spot weather it again. I printed off the picture this time. LOL

Posted Image

I kept the distance to, so not so close up.

;)

Am still cleaning it up a bit. Will have it done by morning

Hey Jay,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess I still need to perfect my English a bit when talking about weird explanations on difficult weathering... ;) Sorry for that bro.

But yes, what I mean from the begining was that it was too much black on it. By adding burnt umber I did not intended you to make it darker but browner... if that means something.

I do thought that there were to many 100% clean spots showing shinny white armor. Not that you needed to make it darker either, just cover it up.

Actually, I do like a lot how the pattern looked, and also like how you cover the whole chest with brown in the second shot. There was still too much black.

Now I think it looks much better.

More subtle with the pattern and color.

They way I have been trying to give feedback is imagining what would I do. And not necessarily what YOU should do. And that was my mistake. Again, sorry for that. It seems that I could not really explain what I was thinking.

I am posting a pict of your armor with green and red. Green is the kind of texture, layer, weathering or however you want to call it, that I think would match better the Davin Felth look. But I am rephrasing there to "I think would match". Cause that is what I think. If you have an approach or technique different from my suggestions, that at the end will give you the ANH Davin Felth weathering look, go for it. As I talked with Noel, we do not need or ask specific Techniques as long as the result "looks" like what we can see on screen.

Red would be too dark or too black texture.

post-1761-0-52392600-1304040958_thumb.jp

The latest approach looks better for sure. More subtle, more like how it looks on screen. Maybe, consider adding more those green spots like texture as background or base layer of your chestplate/armor.

Does that makes sense to you?

Would also like to hear what Noel has to say about that.

Sorry for all this confusion bro.

This is very hard to evaluate and you being just the second case under the scope, can make it a bit tiring for you. Thx for your patience and great attitude. Me, and the rest of the COmmand Staff are trying our best to make this a great, fair and objective evaluation and program.

:D

Saludos

Rick, outside can may a big difference as does the backdrop. I took some pics this evening of a Vader who we just finished and the backdrop was brown and the pics came out with a purple robe and cape. Took them with the skyline and green grass and they came out black. Very strange. This is what I should have done the other day as well when taking them in my garage against a white background.

Well no biggie. I called my friend from an art shop here in town and he came right over. We set down with a pic, brush, sponge and sock, and WALLLAHHHHH. This should have nailed it, or he and I think so, and he gets paid to do this. LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

B) What say theee now. GREAT!!! LOL

Well if not I will tell him he isnt getting paid. LOL He only lives minutes from me and came right over.

This is looking fantastic!

See... I say I like "more weathering" than "less"... but then I see stuff like this and it just makes me flip and think, "Nope... I like less..." :D

We're confabbing Jay!

Hold tight!

Yeah, thats what I meant with my color diagram.

Looks really cool bro.

Looks like you are done.

Could you show us some picts of the rest of the armor and bucket matching this style of weathering?

Thx a lot bro.

Almost there.

Saludos

Juan

See, all on the same page. LOL If Bluey would have asked for all of it I would have given it to him. LOL :lol::P:lol:

I had him do the armor last night as well, and it was drying so I hadnt sent them.

I am sending these now before hitting the road. Have a five hour drive to teach fire water flow over the weekend. I will be available online in the evenings. Also I can take shots with this on when I get back Sunday night, if needed.

Here we go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its amazing how these look with the top two with flash and the bottom one without.

Hey Jay,

Your armor looks great!

Very good job and great weathering!

:D

It seems that you are ready.

Give us just a chance to talk about some minor details on the back stage and we will come back to you very soon!

In the mean time, how awesome would it be to see you in full armor and gear!

(And those picts could be used for your deployment profile too ;) )

Saludos

AWESOME pics!!!!

but they have to be in front of a blank wall — white or gray — for the SWAT pic.

Yes... i'm serious. B)

Looking good bro ;)

A few things:

Remember the joining straps on the legs, have to end before hiding the bottom:

Posted Image

I´m not sure the look sir droids have the "stick" on he´s right side, as we see on yours.

We see it on the so called sergeant pack, in the alley falcon take off:

Posted Image

And on the captain, door alley droids search:

Posted Image

And on the road block sergeant:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And on the captain desert scene, together whit the look sir droid trooper:

Posted Image

But i´m not sure we see it on the look sir droid´s trooper, as i´m 99´9% sure its the move a long back pack.

Later whit black taped up:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Move a long:

Posted Image

I can retake pics again today, and look into the strip on the leg, but the stick????? WHAT?? lost on this one, the thing on my left as stated in my next post.

You mean the test tube thing, that YOU guys told me was on so I put it on. Juan and Rick ? NOT hard to remove, but PLEASE, come on, if that's what your speaking about.. LOL :D

Your killing me.

Looking good bro ;)

A few things:

Remember the joining straps on the legs, have to end before hiding the bottom:

Posted Image

Well after looking at the AP armor, it is NOT TM armor. It doesnt have the roll on the bottom to cut the strip off to. I cut it though and it is fine.

Strangest thing is, that you DONT see it without a close up.

I´m not sure the look sir droids have the "stick" on he´s right side, as we see on yours.

We see it on the so called sergeant pack, in the alley falcon take off:

Posted Image

You mean on my left side. The test tube thing that Juan and Rick both spoke like I needed?

And on the captain, door alley droids search:

Posted Image

And on the road block sergeant:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And on the captain desert scene, together whit the look sir droid trooper:

Posted Image

But i´m not sure we see it on the look sir droid´s trooper, as i´m 99´9% sure its the move a long back pack.

Later whit black taped up:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Move a long:

Posted Image

As I said before I can take some of this off or put on, but PLEASE, I am getting very tired.

Cant even think straight. There has to be an end to the madness. :(:rolleyes: :popcorn: