Nope no where that I have found. I do notice Rolf did not use anything on his helmet because you can see his face in some of the pics through the teeth, but no where in his request is it mentioned.

I have just never found anywhere that it states you cannot have anything behind the teeth for shadowing. Mesh..

Just wondering when I seen this, because every helmet I have seen sold came with mesh. My AP, TE2, and Gino wasnt together it was a kit.

Jay, we will get Boss to update the no mesh into the SWAT requirement.

The truth is, the original screen used helmets have no mesh in them.

This is true... and yes, it's going to be added. B)

This is true... and yes, it's going to be added. B)

LOL Just wondering because everytime I get close to putting in for SWAT something else is added, and then back to the bench. Simple fix though, so no biggie

Yeah, I thought the mesh not being kosher for SWAT was mentioned somewhere, but don't remember where. It may have been in the Q & A thread. That was why I want it to be removable if I ever go for SWAT status.

Yeah, I thought the mesh not being kosher for SWAT was mentioned somewhere, but don't remember where. It may have been in the Q & A thread. That was why I want it to be removable if I ever go for SWAT status.

Your probably right man

Heres how I made a removable mesh frame for under the teeth on a helmet.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8687

I couldnt see the pics, but no matter. I just went ahead and cut it out. :D If they didnt have it back then I dont need it now I suppose. ;):lol: I may use something like you have though..

I have reposted the tutorial here. :)

---------------------

I'm not sure why I did my mesh this way. I just like to be different. :)

I wanted to keep the inside of my lid neat / tidy looking, so I wanted to avoid the "hot glue all over the backside of the mesh" method. I made some simple frames that are removable, should I want to change the mesh later on.

Materials needed:

- mesh of your choice

- styrene plastic sheet (1.0mm used here)

- scissors

- small xacto knife

- hole punch or drill

- glue (hot glue or E6000)

- white adhesive velcro

1. I traced out some template shapes that had openings that were larger than the teeth / frown. I made 4 shapes total, 2 for each side of the frown. Just make sure to make the holes about 1/8" bigger than the teeth themselves. These are simply cut out of styrene with scissors. For the holes, I used a hole punch for the corners, and scored connection lines between the small holes with an Xacto, and snapped out the insides.

Posted Image

2. this is how the mesh will be sandwiched in between the plates.

Posted Image

3. Cut out the mesh with scissors and glue them inside one of the plates

Posted Image

Then glue the other "frame" on top

Posted Image

4. attach some strips of velcro onto the edges of the frame. Attach the opposite velcro on the inside of the face of the helmet, above and below the teeth

Posted Image

5. install the mesh frames and press them down

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finished! From the outside, no one can tell how the mesh is attached. If I want to later, I can change the mesh out easily, and the inside of your lid looks neat and tidy.

Posted Image

Posted Image