Original Sandtrooper ANH Armour

TKuk

Hi guy I'm pretty new to this site but I thought you guy's would like to see my original armour I've had this for a very long time. the black paint was painted on by me as a kid I've since removed that and at present in the process of casting and restoration.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please do not post them anywhere else without my permission.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome man... :salute:

Interesting.

I've seen these photos for years!

You've removed the black paint?

Have you got pictures of any of those parts without the paint?

Also, was this a sandtrooper (because of the 3 buttons), and if so are there traces of the "weathering?"

What part of the world are you from?

And where / how did you get this suit?! :D

Good too see you in here as well Simon.

I just saw these pics on RPF, i keep all your pics of your lovely suit.

Also the once, you have post there before.

(As far as i know, yes this was a Sandtrooper suit, and later also use as a Stormtrooper in ANH.

Simon is from the UK, as far as i know)

I can´t wait to see more, about this piece of art.... and history.

Cheers :)

I really don't mean to sound rude buddy (honestly) but, is this for real? I only ask because I have seen these pics before and know that that is a genuine TD armour right there!

If it is genuine then..... :blink: man, are you a lucky boy! :D

Tell us more bro!

Smally. :salute:

it is a wonderfull piece of history you have in hand B)

i can't imagine it stay in darkness so long time^^ really happy that you decide to restore it.

it is very exciting!!

many thanks to post here, it is the best place for show an ANH original TD armor.

can't wait to see the project evolution!!!

I can vouche for Simon as well. I have seen behind the scenes pics from him and our mutual friend Rob McCormick(BFUK). They are in the process of molding the suit and helmet. Simon is new to the prop world so lets welcome him. He is getting ALOT of questions on several forums. Welcome aborad Simon. Glad to have you here bro.

He is getting ALOT of questions on several forums...

In that case, relax... take a load off, and let the MEPD be your "question free zone!"

You can tell us all about it when you're ready on your own time! :salute::)

The armor have been showed here before on the mepd:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7281

And have been on RPF as well for some time.

The suit have been in Simon´s family in the UK for a long time, i´m also very happy to see it coming out in the light here for the public.

I can´t wait to see more of this beauty :wub:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yes the suit is genuine I haven't faked it in photoshop lol. Its been in my family for a longtime, its a bit sketchy how my uncle got hold of it but I remember waring it back in about 84(i think) I had to photo's taken of me in the suit and for the life of me I can't find them anywhere, which is a real pain in the **** coz there the only photos of the helmet before it was striped. And Yes I striped it some years ago now with the hope of restoring it to former glory back then i didn't know it was the real thing.

Since it was worn in those photo's, it was worn once for a fancy dress party and the put in the loft in an old pram for nearly thirty years I didn't think much about it until I got my own place some years ago and decided to have the helmet on display in my living room. It was then i started to look into weather it was real or not

Presently we've cast the helmet, we have our first prototype, with others being produced for early May. We're now working on sections of the suit and hope to have that in production for June.

Well bro´s, what do we need more :peace:

Simon you have made a dream come true, for a lot of people world wide here.

Me for one, for sure, and i wanna say a BIG!!! thanks for doing so.

A childhood dream, to come true real soon, i can´t wait :salute:

Presently we've cast the helmet, we have our first prototype, with others being produced for early May. We're now working on sections of the suit and hope to have that in production for June.

make sure you dont post for sale anywhere but here....lol

Simon, Welcome to the MEPD. Please feel at home here since you already own a more "Screen Accurate" Sandtrooper armor than any one of us!!

:D

I learned about this set a few months ago, and first I was skeptic...

But now....

Man,

This is probably the most exciting thing I have witnessed since I started in this hobby a few years ago.

A real TD complete set of armor is now exposed to everyone's eyes!!!

And things look like finally there will be a chance to get full armors casted from ANH screen used pieces!

This is something!!

Thx for sharing!!!

Saludos.

Looks like I picked the right time to start building my TD and TK suits!

Don't hold your breath. :)

If this is just starting, it may be years before suits are ready.

Then again, they may have waited to post until they had more done than they let on.

Hmmmm... the planet may never know. :P