My 1st Dirty Lid

TK4702

It is hard to see in that light... like if it's the light that's making it look like "that" or not.

But, I like it!

Take some "normal" pictures of it.

In sunlight preferably.

And not at any "fancy" angles... just all angles. :)

Yes, though, it's looking good!

Pretty god job Jesse.

Maybe a bit too "thick" layer vs. a too "clean" area side by side.

I like when its more dusty, and some of the areas, like on yours too, a bit more dirt, but still fade/smooth out...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opinions guys?

Wondering if it needs another pass? It doesn't look "oily" I know, but...

I like the general appearance, but I think there are places where straights are not natural, may be reworking these small areas and it will be perfect

• 2 weeks later...

i can mix you a good sand weathering to complement the burnt umber buddy!!!!! i have loads!!!!! lol! :)

Yes please Dave! I'll PM you soon with a date to sort out Andy's armour thats still boxed up in my garage... we need to get him on here and deployed!

Smally.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. A little touch up with lighter tones will make it even better I'm sure. =)

Was thinking the same. Thanks! Just ordered my pouches from Zaddok (2 straights), and just dyed my shoulder pouch black. Still looking for a leather one though.

• 1 month later...

looks great man....nice job

Thanks!

Pretty god job Jesse.

Maybe a bit too "thick" layer vs. a too "clean" area side by side.

I like when its more dusty, and some of the areas, like on yours too, a bit more dirt, but still fade/smooth out...

Posted Image

Yeah, I think you were right. I like it a lot better now.

I like the general appearance, but I think there are places where straights are not natural, may be reworking these small areas and it will be perfect

Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

I like it. What type of paint did you us on it?

Cheers,

Smally.

Well,

I started with Rustoleum Plastic Primer, then Rustoleum Gloss White. Then I did a series of washes using Tube Acrylic Paints, with black, brown and tan. Then I scrubbed some of it off, and sprayed parts with Rustoleum Camo Khaki (flat), and immediately blotted that stuff with some paint thinner on a microfiber cloth. If you push the rag across the surface of the paint, you get these real interesting shapes that look quite natural. Anywhere that I wiped to much off I would just blot it again with the paint on the cloth.

Looks good. A little touch up with lighter tones will make it even better I'm sure. =)

Good advice thank you!

Great job man!!!

Thank you Trooper!

Who makes the helmet on the far left or the first one working from left to right It looks wider than the rest

It comes from the photographing with the camera objective. It may be, as in this case, the two outer objects out into the wide...it may be ;)

• 6 months later...