shoulderpauldrons.com

I have one. I tried to dismantle it and modify the size, but I ended up destroying it. :)

It's an affordable pauldron, and it will work for getting 501st approved or deployed. But it lacks in the accuracy dept:

- it's quite big (width and length) compared to screen used accurate size

- the 2 flaps that wrap around the neck are the wrong way around (the back flap has the top snaps, the front flap has the under snaps. It should be the other way around.

- the flaps aren't mounted with snaps, they are sewn on

- I find the neck opening really tight (and I'm a skinny guy)

- the orange is very bright / saturated. I think the screen used might be slightly more subdued.

I think it's a good alternative if you need one or several affordable ones. Trooper1 makes the most accurate ones by far.

I've got the black one from them and the only issue I've had with it is that it is a little tight (when you wear a neck seal). Without the neck seal it fits fine for me (I'm pretty average build). As with everything you just have to judge accuracy vs price. I'd love to get one of Trooper1's but you know how things can start to add up and $70 is a little steep for me. When the time comes to upgrading, eventually this will be one of the things I'll probably get. Still, I have no regrets buying what I did.

I've sent a message to Trooper1 but never heard anything back. I was looking at shoulderpauldrons.com as an alternative for now since I can get the black, white and orange right now.

Keep waiting on Trooper1 too.

Anyone know if he's MIA? I've not tried to message him in a while.

Sometimes "we" just get caught up in life ya know. ;)

But shoulderpauldrons.com is a good alternative I hear.

I have a white and a black one from them and they are well made, if you are wanting to get all 3 colors you cant beat the price. I have never seen a Trooper1 in person so I cant compare but I hear they are nice but... buying all 3 at once could add up quick. as for being a bit tight I am out of luck there EVERYTHING I wear around my neck is tight with a 20" neck! Darn husky build! I will say I ordered them and they sent me 1 of the wrong color and 2 days later I had the right color and they sent the postage for me to return the wrong one. super fast shipping.

woody

Keep waiting on Trooper1 too.

Anyone know if he's MIA? I've not tried to message him in a while.

Sometimes "we" just get caught up in life ya know. ;)

But shoulderpauldrons.com is a good alternative I hear.

I know he showed up a few weeks ago and this is what he posted:

Ok, guys and gals. Just an update on LIFE...

I am hopefully going to get to start assembling 16 Pauldrons in a couple of weeks. I HOPE.

I have been covered up with work, fire station, and just trying to keep up with 2 kids, and have had to put things on hold. I am finishing my teaching contracts for the year soon, and will be able to take a week in the shop. I have most everything cut out, and assembly doesnt take as long.

I have 8 special Texas Pauldrons to finish, then 5 orange, and 2 white, and one black.

If any of you who are on the wish list have moved on, just let me know so I can move on to the next person. I want to again appologize for the long delay but work and family had to take priority in this endeavor. I will be back though... LOL

So...Anyway, here is his pauldron thread:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=13&t=4934&qpid=91531

I would advise anyone interested in getting new pauldrons to really wait for trooper1, unless in a rush for any reason. He makes THE BEST most accurate pauldrons out there. I have an orange one from his previous version and it is amazing, but I know I want a set of his last version (even had Rolf's input to develop them)...

Saludos

Geez, you kids are spoiled. Back in the day we only one had source of pauldrons and we made do.

And, we had to make our packs from rubbermaid boxes and sewing kits. And cut the ab plate out in our FX kits ourselves!

OK, move along, move along ;-)

Geez, you kids are spoiled. Back in the day we only one had source of pauldrons and we made do.

And, we had to make our packs from rubbermaid boxes and sewing kits. And cut the ab plate out in our FX kits ourselves!

O

(Old Fogies always pushing the Young-Uns around.) :D

I have to say that for the price, shoulderpauldrons.com is great. I have nothing else to compare them to, as I have never ordered one from Trooper1, but $28 for a padded pauldron is pretty good. I have an orange one (it is a bit bright, but after weathering is fine) and a white one, which is my deployment pauldron.

My orange one is a bit tight on the neck, but when I ordered the white one, I asked them if they could make the neck a bit bigger and they were happy to accomodate.

I also have a red one for my Incinerator Trooper build I am working on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Shoulderpauldrons.com is also TKBoots.com. He has the best TK boots for the money, hands down. Way better than Cabots.

Altough, I also have a pair of Mark Chengs, and they are beyond compare in my book.

AND that was while marching to school uphill both ways in seven feet of snow!!

I have to say that for the price, shoulderpauldrons.com is great. I have nothing else to compare them to, as I have never ordered one from Trooper1, but $28 for a padded pauldron is pretty good. I have an orange one (it is a bit bright, but after weathering is fine) and a white one, which is my deployment pauldron.

My orange one is a bit tight on the neck, but when I ordered the white one, I asked them if they could make the neck a bit bigger and they were happy to accomodate.

I also have a red one for my Incinerator Trooper build I am working on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Shoulderpauldrons.com is also TKBoots.com. He has the best TK boots for the money, hands down. Way better than Cabots.

Altough, I also have a pair of Mark Chengs, and they are beyond compare in my book.

You are correct : TKBoots = ShoulderPauldrons. I'll also agree that Mark Chengs are certainly the pinnacle of boots (and yes, TM may say they are not accurate as the real ones were painted, but for *trooping* rather than prop replication...). I'll also agree that for the price you can't be trooperpauldrons. Yeah, not perfectly accurate but as you note they also aren't high priced. Remember paying $100 for SB pauldrons, and even Rolf's were not that cheap either. In the end it's great to have suppliers at both ends of the spectrum, and shoulderpauldrons is still better than what we had 5 years ago...

$28.00 need I say more....lol

Once they are weathered and thrown on with your armor, you probably wont SEE much of a difference between them and the ones three times the price. However, you do get what you pay for and side by side with some of the more expensive ones there is difference. The kids will never notice though ;)

Go for what you can afford....there are better places to spend your money when it comes to upgrades.

They are the same. I bought my TKboots together with the pauldrons. Saved me lots of money on shipping. Speaking of which, they ship things fast. I got mine in a week and I'm half way across the globe. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I can see they have listen, and did what i ask for ;) ....

I contact them for about a small year ago, if they would change there design to more accurate pauldrons.

They said yes, and i can see they have now done it.

I send them ref photos, showing the 5 black foam area have to gown longer the edge in the rank area.

And the neck have to be metal dot on.

28$ is one sweet price for a pretty well made pauldron i must say :duim:

(looks like its only the orange they have change for now, but i guess all 3 ranks will be upgraded)