How many members?

Juliusthegreat

Since it say´s it´s 2,420 members on MEPD I wounder how many of them are active. I think it´s great that it´s over 2000 members but is it not time to delete members that has not been online for ex. 18 months or more?

I think I would be nice to see how many "real,active" members there is on MEPD.

Maybe I am thinking wrong about this or maybe someone agree?

If this has been done and the 2,420 members is correct, then I appologise :).

This counts anyone, even if they've never posted or even signed on. It's probably time to prune them out. I did a prune on FISD for anyone who wasn't a 501st member, had 0 post count, and hadn't logged in over a year. We went from ~6200 members to 2600, e.g. lost 4000 members that way.

This counts anyone, even if they've never posted or even signed on. It's probably time to prune them out. I did a prune on FISD for anyone who wasn't a 501st member, had 0 post count, and hadn't logged in over a year. We went from ~6200 members to 2600, e.g. lost 4000 members that way.

This isn't a bad way to do it.

If people are 501st and are on here I don't care if they have 0 post forever, I'll leave them as members.

People with 0 posts though who haven't logged in over a year can certainly be pruned.

And... just to be clear, the "MEPD" really only has 472 members.

That's the people who have registered costumes in the Legion.

Just because someone is on the boards doesn't make them a member of the MEPD, and just because someone has a TD and isn't on here doesn't mean they aren't a member.

I know you know that... but I wanted to make it clear.

From the charter: http://501st.com/charter.php

Formal membership, voting rights, and eligibility for office in a detachment requires that a Legion member be active, own a qualifying costume as represented by the detachment, and have the corresponding costume designation in his/her profile. The approval of said costume is, however, still the purview of their local GML. Ownership of a qualifying costume is verified annually as part of the Legion census. Membership in a detachment is optional, and you can be a member of more than one detachment. Membership is initiated by the Legion member when the above criteria is met and they register on the detachment's forum. Active status is maintained by logging onto said forum once a year. Failing this, the member becomes an inactive member of the detachment. All that is required to be reactivated is to once again log in.

Oh... so yeah, what I said above doesn't jive with that. I just said it wrong. :P

So, my clarification was confusing.

Or my clarinufdontron was conflasterblasted as they say.

And again... just to be clear... people who are not a member of the MEPD are too also not members of the 501st Legion without in the fact that they may not be on the forum when they're not trooping or in the realm of signed up, but don't have to have the post with the MEPD in that fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now it looks much better, and to see that a bit over 1000 members have wrote over 72000 messages ( I know it´s wrong but new people will think so) that looks like the active forum it is.

Thanks for sorting this out :)

Great work, whit the clean out Jimmy/Noel ;)

A little over 5000 posts are mine :lol:

And again... just to be clear... people who are not a member of the MEPD are too also not members of the 501st Legion without in the fact that they may not be on the forum when they're not trooping or in the realm of signed up, but don't have to have the post with the MEPD in that fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Haha! I think that's the most incoherent sentence you've ever written, Noel!

(Gee, I hope it was intentional... :unsure: )

I know lots of inactive members without a Sandtrooper armour signed up as forum member to check out the merchandises or parts at the sales forums. They don't generally participate in discussion. B)

WHAT!!!!!they dont participate?!?!?!?!!!!!