What does TD and TK actuall stand for?

Smally

Hey Troops,

I've been one of the original members of the UK garrison since 2001 (the UKG was formed in 1999-2000) and have seen many new costumes appear in the club such as Bounty hunters (BH), Tie pilots (TI), Snow troopers (TS), Imperial gunners (IP), etc etc but have always wondered, What does the TK and TD prefix actually stand for. The rest of the ID prefix's are easy to understand but these two leave me guessing.

Anyone?

Cheers,

Smally.

i think tk was an i.d (tk421 why arent you at your post) the td,i would guess is trooper desert???? good one brad! :)

but if (like other costumes-bh,ti,io,etc)you were to rename the two it would be confusing as StormTrooper ans SandTrooper both have the same initials!

Yeah it was just the prefix that I was wondering about. I've looked on Wookieepedia and other sites but none actually state what stands for.

Teras Kasi, according to wookieepedia, is some sort of art of fighting (?).

Maybe it's just one of those things where there was hardly any thought about its meaning and was put in for one of Lucas' personal cookies, because TK421 was used in another of his films, thx 1138 (where another 'personal cookie is in the title and also used in ANH for "cell block 1138").

Oh how the mind boggles!

Smally.

I had never seen that! :D

Which makes is even cooler that we came to the same conclusions. One fact that you bring up that I thought of but didn't write was why one shot kills a TK. As you note, the answer is that the armor is probably designed against most blast damage, glancing hits, and probably head on shots by *normal* blasters. But, people like the Rebels and Han aren't carrying around 'street legal' hardware, are they? No, they will have something very powerful that is specifically rated to take down an armored opponent.

Cheers Noel - great minds think alike :)

Which makes is even cooler that we came to the same conclusions. One fact that you bring up that I thought of but didn't write was why one shot kills a TK. As you note, the answer is that the armor is probably designed against most blast damage, glancing hits, and probably head on shots by *normal* blasters. But, people like the Rebels and Han aren't carrying around 'street legal' hardware, are they? No, they will have something very powerful that is specifically rated to take down an armored opponent.

LIke Cop Killers!

**** those rebels, hate that scum!!!

Anyway, I remember in SW galactic battlegrounds video game (the SW version of Age of Empires), stormtroopers and TIE fighters were way cheaper to build than rebels and X wings. Basically, if you chose to play with the Empire (I always did of course), you could build more units faster and cheaper than you could if playing with the Rebels.

But, one hit on an Imperial unit killed it, not the same with Rebel units.

Similar thing might apply to real life... er... I mean, real SW universe... er... I mean... not video games.

HEHEHE

We should also take in consideration it seems to be impossible for imperial troops to kill the main guys only: Luke, Han, Leia and Chewbacca. But any avarage rebel guy could be kill no problem by any TK any day of the week. Lots of rebels are killed all around the trilogy. Its only the 4 main guys that are never hit. Even the droids are hit by Imperial forces.

And take in consideration that 2 of those 4 are offsprings of the most powerful jedi ever (until someone wrote dark empire).

Any other persons were in sight, TKs, TDs, Pilots, gunners, even officials would have shot them no problem.

Saludos.

Yeah, I thought it was amazing how similar your points were. Fact is, thems the facts. B)

One thing I could've done — which I didn't — is go the whole "the movies are a misrepresentation of reality" route. That's what I say in public on troops as it's "quicker" than explaining everything else.

"Ah... you're talking about the movies. That's rebel propaganda. In fact, the Death Star is still very much in operation now."