Newb Question: TE Armor?

maj_hassel

I see "TE" armor referenced fairly frequently and am not entirely sure what it is.

My guess is that it means the ANH (i.e. GF-based) armor as opposed to the popular FX kits that everyone has.

I have no idea what TE stands for. If it's someone's initials then their name obviously shouldn't be revealed.

Please forgive the newb-osity of this question.

the TE-armor is still the most accurate version for armors out there.

i don´t think i´m telling you a secret that TE is the short version for trooperexpert. trooperexpert has been the most talented artist for stormtrooper armors over the past few years.

the TE-armor is still the most accurate version for armors out there.

i don´t think i´m telling you a secret that TE is the short version for trooperexpert. trooperexpert has been the most talented artist for stormtrooper armors over the past few years.

And he frequently posts here if you need to get in touch with him.

Just out of curiosity (I'm not in the market) is TE's armor ANH based?

Is it a custom sculpt or is it a re-cast of a screen used kit?

How does it compare with another infamous, now shut down, armor creator (hint: G.F.)?

Does TE just make entire suits or is he/she in the spare parts business as well?

If these questions are too nosey or indiscreet, my apologies. It's just that I like to know what's out there in case I need to go shopping.

Just out of curiosity (I'm not in the market) is TE's armor ANH based?

Is it a custom sculpt or is it a re-cast of a screen used kit?

How does it compare with another infamous, now shut down, armor creator (hint: G.F.)?

Does TE just make entire suits or is he/she in the spare parts business as well?

If these questions are too nosey or indiscreet, my apologies. It's just that I like to know what's out there in case I need to go shopping.

I'll just say it's the most accurate stuff around. Period.

The GF/ Authenticporps armor is a recast of mine. Not nearly as detailed and missing parts. They are missing the left bicep, right shoulder and also right forearm, correct knees on both sides and lower left inside leg. The suit they offer may look nice, but it is not accurate at all.

The TE was cast from a real ROTJ suit and back engineered to ANH specs. The helmet is 100% ANH and has not been altered like the GF/AP helmet.

TE

Now I know. The only history of the armor out there I got off of the Star Wars Helmets site.

I had already picked up a "AP" kit by the time I found all of this out. While I'm happy with the kit and how it looks, I can't help but think I should have saved my money and spent it more wisely. At least I would have known that the money was going to the right person.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

If I remember right, the ROTJ armor was a complete re-sculpt and had a "softer" look than the ANH or ESB suits. Whenever I see any documentary of LFL's I always see the ROTJ suit. Does anyone know how many--if any--of the ANH or ESB suits are still out there? I'm surprised SDS went with a re-cast as opposed to using a more original source. I wonder if they still have the molds.

Now I know. The only history of the armor out there I got off of the Star Wars Helmets site.

I had already picked up a "AP" kit by the time I found all of this out. While I'm happy with the kit and how it looks, I can't help but think I should have saved my money and spent it more wisely. At least I would have known that the money was going to the right person.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

If I remember right, the ROTJ armor was a complete re-sculpt and had a "softer" look than the ANH or ESB suits. Whenever I see any documentary of LFL's I always see the ROTJ suit. Does anyone know how many--if any--of the ANH or ESB suits are still out there? I'm surprised SDS went with a re-cast as opposed to using a more original source. I wonder if they still have the molds.

I'm in a similar position although I knew what I was getting when I bought my FX armor. I went for the more affordable. It sort of worked out though because it gave me experience with putting armor together. I want to eventually own a TE kit (once TE starts selling them again, hopefully) and I know I'll have the patience to assemble it with less chances of messing up.

I'm saving up for the day he'll start selling again.

• 3 months later...

The GF/ Authenticporps armor is a recast of mine. Not nearly as detailed and missing parts. They are missing the left bicep, right shoulder and also right forearm, correct knees on both sides and lower left inside leg. The suit they offer may look nice, but it is not accurate at all.

The TE was cast from a real ROTJ suit and back engineered to ANH specs. The helmet is 100% ANH and has not been altered like the GF/AP helmet.

TE

I didn't know it was missing parts till I starting working on my AP suit a month ago. I noticed the missing parts and wanted to ask if anyone else with a AP suit got the same. Now that I read this thread I realized I wasted my $$$ on a suit that's not accurate. I don't have enough money for another more accurate TE set at this time. Since TE is no longer building I'll have to settle. Crap.

Since TE is no longer building I'll have to settle. Crap.

Do not fret, there is another.

P.S. It's not your sister.

Oh no what's going on here?? Seth, are you starting to quote dead jedi?? (j/k!)

Very encouraging news about that 'other' for upgrades-waiting- to-happen as yours truly...

I don't think there's anything wrong with starting with an FX kit. Like others who've posted before, it's a great way to get experience making & modding, you don't really care much if it gets a bit beat up, and replacement parts are cheap & easy to get ahold of.

But yeah, like many I'm also saving up my pennies for when TE suits are again available.

• 2 months later...

TE

I didn't know it was missing parts till I starting working on my AP suit a month ago. I noticed the missing parts and wanted to ask if anyone else with a AP suit got the same. Now that I read this thread I realized I wasted my $$$ on a suit that's not accurate. I don't have enough money for another more accurate TE set at this time. Since TE is no longer

building I'll have to settle. Crap.

When i got my GF/AP anh stunt armor, i know there was this problem whit the parts( bicep/arms). But... at that time there was no TE on the market. And people was talking about that it was made out of HIPS plastic and will crack up when trooping.

Is this true??? (if not maby i get a TE2)...

Any way the GF/AP stunt armor in ABS plastic is strong and solid for trooping for a live time.

One more thing... Are there some one there know if the TE2 gonna be made in HIPS plastic or somthing...

I've owned two sets of TE armor.

My first set I've worn trooping at least ten times or more... a few of those times involved riding the Metro down to DC and nights out on the town! I've gone bowling in it... even flew it to Vegas and wore it in 100 degree heat, and drove it half-way across country for C3, where I wore it for three days solid. It's held up, but it has torn in numerous places. I've had to apply copious amounts of Devcon resin to the back of the tears to stop them from spreading. I may even reinforce my shoulder straps with fiberglass mat/polyester resin to keep them strong.

So yes - you trade some accuracy for durability with heavier/more resilient plastics. However, Paul/Troopermaster has achieved a great middle-ground with accuracy and durability with his pulls.

I've owned two sets of TE armor.

My first set I've worn trooping at least ten times or more... a few of those times involved riding the Metro down to DC and nights out on the town! I've gone bowling in it... even flew it to Vegas and wore it in 100 degree heat, and drove it half-way across country for C3, where I wore it for three days solid. It's held up, but it has torn in numerous places. I've had to apply copious amounts of Devcon resin to the back of the tears to stop them from spreading. I may even reinforce my shoulder straps with fiberglass mat/polyester resin to keep them strong.

So yes - you trade some accuracy for durability with heavier/more resilient plastics. However, Paul/Troopermaster has achieved a great middle-ground with accuracy and durability with his pulls.

Thanks for the quick anser on this my 501 brothers. Iam very happy for my GF/AP because of the looks and strongness... But maby i get me a TE2 for more details and accurate parts, when TE2 is ready for sale. Have a nice day. See u in mos eisley cantina

Thanks Mike

I think HIPS gets a bad rap.It's quite strong and has some flex and I've never had any issues with it.I have never used ABS so I cannot compare it but I have been trying other plastics lately and found one much better than ABS and HIPS.It is virtually indestructable and very flexible

-Paul.

I have been trying other plastics lately and found one much better than ABS and HIPS.It is virtually indestructable and very flexible

-Paul.

would you tell us your new material?

Sintra?