Sitting in armor?

ground pounder

Just thought I would throw this question out to everyone in MEPD. While wearing TD armor (TE2) will I be able to sit down? Or will the armor crack? I plan on wearing it all day Saturday at CV and if I cannot sit down I will probably have to take it off at some point just to get a rest!

you mean like this?

Posted Image

I can sit, run crawl and climb stuff. A bunch of us even played football in armor.

its just slowly modding out your armor in able to do so. but i think body type has somethign to do with it as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I presumed he met in a TD with a pack. ;)

oh.

like this?

Posted Image

;P

speaking of which, since Photobucket deleted my account last month, I've lost the Rose parade inter armor football game, bikers vs. TD's. anyone have it?

Hey, a quick question for those of you who have posted seated pics above: Have all of you separated your cod from your ab piece, or have some of you kept them unified? Though I'm still in the researching/planning phase, I'm currently torn between the accuracy of keeping it a single piece vs. the functionality of separating it. Is that a big factor in this subject?

When we did the Rose Parade (5 miles in armor), most everyone stood on the buses there, everyone sat riding back. Remember too that the more plastic you cut away, the less accurate you'll look. There is only supposed to be a minimal amount of undersuit showing, after all.

I wore my Armor for 13 hours straight during saturday CIV...

I had a very difficult time resting, but I found that if I was careful enough, I could rest my butt on stools with no harm to the armor. I was wearing no pack though, but should be easy enough to do it. And my butt and crotch was not cut apart from the kidney or ab. I was using an FX.

Just don't expect to sit on those fast food tables or similar.

Saludos.

I too have TE2 and the only thing that keeps me from sitting down most of the time is

my pack. You do have to be careful when sitting as HIPS is alot more fagile then ABS but it can be done with no problem.

Now thee best set up of all is my OSCS Clone Armor. The Cod is its own peace much like TE2 but there is a snap on the left and right that allows me to take off the cod set it aside and sit down all I want. Its that easy. I am going to try to do a similar set up to my TE2 cod which would take the thought of damaging the cod a thing of the past. The trick with TD armor would be to find a way to hide a snap.

On both the TE2 and OSCS armor the belt hides the seem where the ab and cod meet so no one will ever know if you cut your armor. In fact my old FX had the seem where you could cut if you look close enough.

My TE2 but(t) peace with the belt pushed up

Posted Image

OSCS's cod pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice!

Someone could — I suppose — make just the cod (belt down) out of something more flexible. There's not much detail in that area anyway, and it's the least looked at (by most people :rolleyes: ) so it could be easily swapped out for times you're going to troop all day.

The trick would be matching it to the rest of your armor.

BUT... being dirty anyway would help our cause in that arena. B)

Just a thought.

Nice!

Someone could — I suppose — make just the cod (belt down) out of something more flexible. There's not much detail in that area anyway, and it's the least looked at (by most people :rolleyes: ) so it could be easily swapped out for times you're going to troop all day.

The trick would be matching it to the rest of your armor.

BUT... being dirty anyway would help our cause in that arena. B)

Just a thought.

If you are going to go that route Nol then all you would have to do is do that for the rear buttoxx for those long troops. The back pack hides most of the rear anyway.