*done* TD-2557 Requesting Deployment

Name : John Hopper

Legion ID : TD-2557

Call Sign : Quartermaster

Garrison : Empire City Garrison

Well...it took me awhile, but I wanted to get everything done "right" so I could give Noel and the Command Staff and easy approval. :D LOL

Anyway, here goes nothing!

Armor is a combination of FX (upper) and VT (lower).

Canvas Belt and shoulder straps installed.

ABS side gaps installed.

Bucket is MRCE with all necessary mods. Gap filled, screws added to ears, flat green lenses, no stripes in traps or tears, Stomper Hovis, black metal mesh in frown and correct blue tube stripes.

Boots are Mark Chengs, weathered accordingly.

White padded pauldron, weathered accordingly.

Pack is my build, "Sergeants Pack".

Weapons include but not limited to:

Hasbro E-11, heavily modified.

Hyperfirm "New" DLT -19 with ammo box and disc.

Woodchuck T-21 BFG (still waiting for the Enfield slings).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't have time to do more than a quick scroll through and reply right now, but you know you look amazing already, so what's the point! B)

More later...

GREAT WORK MAN!!!

You see this yet,you back from the troop yet? Congrats,Bro-I never had a doubt. Dave

P.S. thanks for the patch

I wonder if he's seen it yet too. :P

Nice thing to find when he finally checks his email / the boards!

Well, all I can say is a big THANK YOU to the Command Staff for such a quick approval! I had a big troop today with a bunch of guys from the ECG, including MEPD Officer Dave, TD6513. Little did I know that it was actually my first official Troop as an Officer of the MEPD!

I want to especially acknowledge a few folks who were instrumental in helping me make this happen.

Lou (Darth Voorhees), Noel, Gordon, Rolf, Juan, Rick (Dirty Boy), Ben (Bountyone) and Charlie Crashmann (Geez, I hope I didn't forget anyone! LOL). You guys were always quick to answer any questions, posts and PM's along the way and I really appreciate you all for taking the time. The end result of your advice, encouragement and sometimes the occasional purchase (LOL) can be seen in the photos.

Thank you all!:duim:

With all that said, Noel, don't forget you have to make me one of those cool A$$ avatars! LOL

I really love this shot! (Hint Hint)

Posted Image

Very honored to be at the first deployed troop.Armor looks even better in person. 'Nuff said,Dave

Thanks Dave, but the honor was all mine. It was a great troop and it was an honor to be trooping with a Deployed Sandie. Your gear is amazing and my son has already stated more than once since yesterday that his favorite trooper was the guy with the BIG GUN and the scar on his helmet! I'm guessing that would be you bro! Here are a few pics from the troop yesterday.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now lets wait for Boss or Zac to award you the shinny "Deployed" title to your avatar. B)

We've missed a couple of these recently. :P

You're all set now brother!

Very nice and unique weathering John! Looks like you been through a fire. I like it.

I am curious what material is your neckseal? Looks shinny there?

Thanks Gordon! The weathering is a little bit of everything from textured sand colored spray paint to some black airbrushing for the blast/scorch marks. Also did some acrylics in the gaps and seams and rubbed off the excess paints while wet to get the effect of muddy dirt caught in the low spots. I also did some light sanding on some of the raised areas of the armor. I'm really happy with the way it came out.

While it may not be exactly screen accurate, I tried to approach it from the viewpoint that not every Sandtrooper on Tatooine was seen on screen. It's very possible that my character was involved in the firefight with the Jawas during their interogation to find the whereabouts of those two droids! Thus some of the blast marks lower on the legs of my armor (Jawas after all are short, so their aim will most likely be low...LOL) :lol:

The neck seal is a bit shiny. It was a last minute replacement I ordered after seeing some positive posts about it on the FISD. A few guys in my garrison are also using them. It is an under armor type material with some type of flexible tubing sewn inside.

My cloth neck seal from TK409 started coming apart at the top seam (my fault) and I didn't have time to fix it yet.