Museum Replica TK

FIVE

There's a great thread about this over on the FISD, but for all of you who never leave the sand, I thought I'd start one here too.

Museum Replicas has revealed their stormtrooper armor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My initial thoughts...

This picture really makes me say yuck!

I mean it's better than Rubies (which everyone has said... and isn't hard to do...) but I agree with what Paul said on the FISD, this should be SO much better.

It looks soft and far too thick.

It also doesn't have a lot of the details that make a TK look like a TK (imho)... like the finishing strips. They're all molded together.

Yeah... disappointed.

The belt is ridiculous... holster is on the wrong side... and the helmet looks really badly assembled.

The thing is, it's probably 501st acceptable.

I mean I do think it's that good.

I just don't think it should be something people buy... because I want people to have the best; and I fear it will be $3,000.

So... what do you all think? B)

I must say that it looks way better than I expected. I thought it would be more in the Rubies neighborhood.

And it also looks better than some accepted TKs I have seen in pictures and even in my own a Garrison in Canon Troops.

But that DOES NOT means it is what I think it is supposed to be.

I mean, it is not the ultimate LFL licensed TK costume.

I really really wonder why is it that ppl and companies never turn their heads to the 501st when they need someone to tell them about the details, and parts, and even assembling. I mean, give me (or any other troop here or the FISD) a museum replicas kit and we would make it look waaaaaay better that those pictures.

Just, a little attention goes a long way.

If it is near 600USD, which I doubt, it will be a popular kit among newbies Im sure. Lets just hope ppl will come near the 501st before purchasing armor... there are so many better options than commercially available armor.

Im going to read the thread at the FiSD... but will be back to the sand rightaway... lol!

Saludos.

PS. what I really would like to see from museum replicas (or any other company), is a replica blue/yellow crew Parka from Blue Harvest. Man that would be awesome!!

While I have seen worse looking troopers that are 501st approved (my own 1st set of armor included), I would have to say it probably needs 2 or 3 major things before it can be deployed. First, that thigh ammo thing is HORRIBLE. Second, how many teeth are on that thing? Is it a trooper or Jaws? Then the mics, are they some sort of foreign currency? They're totally flat. And what is that belt? Ugh.

I would hate to see someone pay $3500 for this. You could honestly get two professionally built accurate suits for what they will charge.

but it is still better than Rubies:)

Paint a pig white, and it is better than a Rubies...

Yep, looks soft, and ill fitted. Definitely better than a Rubies. I'd like to see one on a person who knows how to put a TK on.

I have heard that it is putting in an appearance at CV, so some more of us will get a chance to have a look.

better than rubies yes, but not the ultimate armor.

it is not so bad i though but i'm really disapointed.

like said Juan it will be good for new guy in the hobby but not for fans like we, because too many fault are doing on this set.

just wait again, maybe they will remove mistake because it is still a prototype, go dream a little...

Heh you guys are more on the same page as me over herein the sand than over on the FISD. LOL! Anywho, like i said on the FISD, for a licensed product,its probably the best ive seen yet. Also this is a prototype..meaning they are still working on it. Hopefully they will make it better rather than worse. i agree with what Daetrin said over on the FISD as well. I think it will likely be legion acceptable out of the box. Have some of you guys seen some of the legions troopers?? :blink: Im not going to judge the pulls themselves only because it is a prototype, the material they use for a final product will likely be different if there is any truth in that interview at the beginning of the thread on the FISD. Im not holding my breath,but im not going to tear it down just yet. Alas the fact of the matter is, even if they were to fix all the things we see wrong, the price would probably be around the 2,000 mark or possibly higher, and quite frankly we can get kits from our own people for less and they will look just as good or more likely than not, way better. All that being said,id like to see the final product. Hey If a rubies can be worked to be acceptable, i cant see this being any different.

for an "over the counter stormtrooper in a box"....its not bad....some Dad somewhere will probably make his kid super happy at a birthday party or something. that will most likely be their market. it will probably come partially assembled and leave little room for error....

Ive changed my initial thought on it (basically melt it all and reuse the plastic :D :D )....anyway, at least its keeping the fantasy alive and providing something for the public to buy. We tend to forget, we "the 501st" have access to a whole different level of gear.

I don't think it looks all that bad,not a big fan of the belt.DEFINITELY better than Rubies,can also be modded with and made better.That being said,this is what separates us from the "average Joe." We get stuff just right (or come close) we know who to call for what,we know what we should be spending,we know who to stay away from.I just hope they don't ask a crazy price for this.How many times do you go on Ebay (JUST TO LOOK) at Trooper armor and see the prices they want for some stuff and also notice who (starfortress) is selling stuff.Makes you sometimes want to warn the highest bidder what he or she is getting for their buck.

I saw this in person & it looks horrible. The 1st thing I noticed was the helmet. :blink: Yes it's better than the Rubbies. But look at the prices on their other costumes. Im sure this will go in the $2000 range :unsure:

At first i think it looked pretty cool, but looking closer there are mistakes all over.

They have some nice ok accurate ANH details here and there on the body armor, but still not tip top for a buy i guess...

• 3 weeks later...

At first i think it looked pretty cool, but looking closer there are mistakes all over.

They have some nice ok accurate ANH details here and there on the body armor, but still not tip top for a buy i guess...

I'll be sure to get lots of pics at CV. That is... if I can keep from vomiting long enough to take them! That thing just looks terrible!