Library Event

TD2298

Here is a pic from a troop I just did in Caldwell NJ. Who says being a sandtrooper isn't like being a rockstar? Lol. It was a lot of fun!

The imperial officer in the pic held my DLT-19 while I signed autographs!

Posted Image

Here is a pic from a troop I just did in Caldwell NJ. Who says being a sandtrooper isn't like being a rockstar? Lol. It was a lot of fun!

The imperial officer in the pic held my DLT-19 while I signed autographs!

Posted Image

So cool John....I have a similar shot

post-2894-024962300 1279812155_thumb.jpg

Great pic man!

I love autographs! :)

I always do "TD-8541 Long live the Empire!"

Then a little drawing of a stormtrooper bucket. B)

You look awesome there brother!

Doin' us proud! :duim:

awesome! very very cool man! When i did the "Star Wars in concert" event as Boba kids wanted my autograph..it was pretty awesome. they will forever have that signature and be proud they met Boba Fett!..and these kids will be proud they met a real Sandtrooper! Good job trooper! :duim:

Great pic man!

I love autographs! :)

I always do "TD-8541 Long live the Empire!"

Then a little drawing of a stormtrooper bucket. B)

You look awesome there brother!

Doin' us proud! :duim:

Haha, that's a great signature!

It felt really good to be able to tell everyone in my garrison that I was deployed. It's funny because now everyone else is starting to talk about getting elite status within their respective detachments. :)

awesome! very very cool man! When i did the "Star Wars in concert" event as Boba kids wanted my autograph..it was pretty awesome. they will forever have that signature and be proud they met Boba Fett!..and these kids will be proud they met a real Sandtrooper! Good job trooper! :duim:

I never really thought about it like that. It's great listening to the conversations that the kids have with each other as they are waiting. They talk about the movies and what your character did in the movie. I get such a kick out of that. It never gets old!

MISSION REPORT

TYPE OF FUNCTION:

Library visit to help promote summer reading.

WHAT WAS OUR ROLE AT THE FUNCTION:

To entertain the kids, talk about our group and what we do, promote excitement for reading, sign autographs, pose for pictures and interact with the attendees.

DATE / LOCATION:

Wednesday,

July 21, 2010

Caldwell Public Library

268 Bloomfield Avenue

Caldwell, New Jersey 07006

MEMBERS ATTENDING:

1) Bro - Neyo

2) Joe - Jedi

3) Jimbo - X-Wing Pilot

4) Bonnie - ID "Morale"

5) Zach - TX

6) John K - TD

7) CJ - TS

8) Paul - Boba Fett

9) Andy - RC

10) Scott - ID

11) Si - ID "Morale"

12) Lance - Vader

13) Gary - spotter

THE GOOD:

What an awesome event!! We had a HUGE turnout, this shows there is still a very strong NER presence in the North

The library was very small, and with the amount of characters we had plus the anticipated crowd we held the event right outside the library in a small grassy / park type area... which was right smack on the main street. Being out there like that created an even bigger turnout, with tons of passerby traffic that saw us and stopped.

We had the awesome table display which was a huge hit and kept out troopers watching it on their toes, lol. We spread out and signed autographs and posed for pics, and answered questions as people mingled. We went through a TON of swag hahahaha.

The Library staff was literally outside with us and for the entire time they had huge smiles and kept saying over and over they couldn't believe the turnout and how cool we were. A great time.

THE BAD:

Nothing really bad, it was hot but our guys are used to that, lol, and the Library provided tons of water in an ice cooler for us.

THE UGLY:

I totally put Bonnie on the spot and asked her to introduce our group and explain the table set up and what we had available, lol. I wanted to keep the event "buckets on" and no way could anyone hear me outside with the helmet and crowd and stuff, and Bonnie didn't have a helmet on. I know Bonnie is one of the old school troopers and knew what to say but didn't realize she was a little shy hahahahaha... plus her tiny little voice in a giant mob, I would have asked Joe because he's done it before but couldn't get to him in time so I threw Bonnie to the wolves (she did awesome).

Pictures:

Gary's Photos

It felt really good to be able to tell everyone in my garrison that I was deployed. It's funny because now everyone else is starting to talk about getting elite status within their respective detachments. :)

So far only MEPD, FISD and BikerScout.net has elite status. I raised the topic on the Legion forums and some members from other detachment were concern about elitism. This is weird cos we are a costuming club after all. We should always aim for the best right? :)

Great writeup, too. Those pics posted on your mate's site were really good. It's nice to have someone do such a good job photographing an event. I'm looking forward to the time I can participate in a trooping event, as well.

Cheers!