Canvas Straps:

Posted Image

DLT-19:

Posted Image

ME!

Posted Image

Random:

Posted Image

I believe I got everything, I really hope so......been working on this for awile. Im dissapointed with the thighs, im going to order another set sometime after comic con.

let me know if there is anything else that I need to post.

*Edit* pay no mind to the rogue peice of foam on my arm lol sneeky lil bugger

Yeah I noticed that. When I was building the bucket I saw a few pics of the screen used buckets and saw one where one ear was at a different angle so I figured that would be kinda cool. If I need to build another bucket to make it more accurate for status I will....kinda do wana get another bucket hehe!

As far as the cistern goes, If I need that to get deployed status then I will get one :) if I don't need it I'll still get one at some point to make it more accurate.

Hey Eric...

Great TD you`'ve got there!

Congrats!

It seems you have almost everything nailed.

I do have some suggestions, but don't really know if they all would be needed for deployment. One I think you do, but the others... well.

It seems that the armor is done. Good job there.

The one thing you might want to revise for deployment, is the your pack.

It looks quiet cool already but still, I think there is room for a couple of upgrades there.

-I actually think you could do it with the scratchbuilt syphon, but you are missing the mushroom cup between the "burger stacker" and the bottle. You could also add a longer bottle, but I don't see that necessary for deployment.

-The other thing that you want to mod for deployment is the radio faceplate. Overall it looks good, but I think you need to add the area where the dial decal would be. Not need for an actual dial or decal, just the place. A circular cutout would do. Also you could add two switches next to the two smaller knobs.

And two things I don't know if you would actually need for deployment but anyway...

-the pack frame does not has that 90 degree bent on the buttom and therefore is missing the "base" of the frame.

-It looks in a couple of pictures that your gloves have white or gray stitches. If so, maybe you could just dye them black.

Thats it bro.

You have a great armor and if you could mod the pack a bit, Im sure you would be deployed in no time.

Anyway, I would wait for Noel or Zac to come around and second this observations.

Good Job!

Saludos

Wow thanks for the pointers :) when I have some time I will want to upgrade my pack. Been talking with dirty boy about that since he's the one who made the pack. I'm going to be spending alot of time looking at the back pack forum :D

My main gloves are the black nomex flight gloves, I also have a pair of rubber gloves with the grippys on the finger tips for any cannon events I go to. If ya need pics of those I can provide them.

Hey Eric... first off, I added your TD # to your profile... so "congrats" on that! :P

Next, Juan is right... you have a great looking set of armor!

He is also right in that your pack needs some upgrades before it's deploy-worthy.

It sounds like you're on the right track with Rick helping out... he knows his stuff for sure!

And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I totally catch the irony in this; meaning simply that I was originally deployed with a pack not much better than the one you have, and one of Rick's other "early models." I realize fully that the standards in areas like packs that we're holding people to now are not even the standards that I was held to just last year. Don't get me wrong, Zac had the right standards then, but — and I just said this somewhere else too — it's YOU, the people requesting deployment — who are raising the bar!

Back when I was deployed my pack wasn't great, but it was still good compared to what a lot of guys had done. It's changed a LOT in the last 12 months even. Standards are being raised by the MEPD across the board; those already deployed and those seeking deployment. So we're just following suit and living up to the expectations.

All that to say, you don't have far to go to reach the goal!

Rick will be able to help you immensely, and if you need more help we're all right here.

Again, your armor looks top notch... great job! Get that pack squared away (or bent as it were in one case) and submit new pics and we'll get you out droid hunting with the rest of us! :duim:

OH... and if you're doing a white pauldron are you going to do a pack that matches the white pauldron trooper?!?! :)

Awesome thanks Guys! Yeah I wouldn't mind upgrading the pack to be like the white pauldron trooper. Is there a pic some place that shows some good shots of it?

Also if I can get a check list of the things I need to do I can run to home depot or lowes and get all the stuff to start the process.

As for the switches did you see them on my pack? Or do ya want me to take better pics of them? Same goes for the rubber gloves I have.

Awesome thanks Guys! Yeah I wouldn't mind upgrading the pack to be like the white pauldron trooper. Is there a pic some place that shows some good shots of it?

Also if I can get a check list of the things I need to do I can run to home depot or lowes and get all the stuff to start the process.

CALLING DIRTY BOY... CALLING DIRTY BOY.... B)

As for the switches did you see them on my pack? Or do ya want me to take better pics of them? Same goes for the rubber gloves I have.

Yeah, I know they're on there. That's not an issue.

Rick can give you a list... or Rolf can too if he happens by. :duim:

And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I totally catch the irony in this; meaning simply that I was originally deployed with a pack not much better than the one you have, and one of Rick's other "early models." I realize fully that the standards in areas like packs that we're holding people to now are not even the standards that I was held to just last year. Don't get me wrong, Zac had the right standards then, but — and I just said this somewhere else too — it's YOU, the people requesting deployment — who are raising the bar!

Back when I was deployed my pack wasn't great, but it was still good compared to what a lot of guys had done. It's changed a LOT in the last 12 months even. Standards are being raised by the MEPD across the board; those already deployed and those seeking deployment. So we're just following suit and living up to the expectations.

You said it Boss! I was deployed with Rick's early pack as well (but have since upgraded to a new pack, Rick's pack was the foundation and inspiration for my new backpack :)). The standards last year has certainly increased now. Which is a good thing actually. it drives us to make better quality armour and props which is essentially the joy and fun of costuming.

The standards are strict but not unachievable, and with all the pointers the seniors give in, it definitely can be done. B)

CALLING DIRTY BOY... CALLING DIRTY BOY.... B)

Yeah, I know they're on there. That's not an issue.

Rick can give you a list... or Rolf can too if he happens by. :duim:

We can get you ready in no time. Im going to send you a PM now :)

• 3 weeks later...

Looking very good Eric! It looks like, in my absence, everyone has given you very sound advice. Your whole suit looks great, but as other's have pointed out the MEPD CRL is ever evolving and, by today's standards, your radio face plate has a few fix-its. If you need any help with reference photos, or anything at all, don't hesitate to contact me.

ePS: I recognize your gloves, and they are perfect, no need for photos of your rubber gloves.

I don't think so... though it wouldn't hurt. ;)

Now that Zac is back as the full time Deployment Officer he'll make the call on such things again.

Delegation... it's a joy. B)