i come back from TATOOINE or.... maybe TATAOUINE

kenthork

it is one week i was not on the forum, because i took a holidays break, i spend one week in tunisia with a friend to take good time and sun.

it was impossible for me to go in tunisia without see star wars places, although the it was not the principal reason of these holidays.

it is the reason I just visited the lars home and the tataouine city.

i wanted to see more but not enough the time to this and my friend is it not a star wars fan, so I do not wanted to impose more than that and anyway this was just a stopover on our journey.

we landed at Tunis, rent a car and doing approx 1300 kilometers in 6 days.

tunis-> hammamet->port el kantaoui->sousse->sfax->islands of kerkennah (in boat)->sfax->gabes->matmata->tataouine->kairouan->monastir->hammamet->tunis.

whe have both visited the lands and doing beach and sun, it was really cool holidays but very tired because whe sleeped in new hotel and take car every day.

it was really cool and i think i will return, but this time only to see all the star wars places :D;)

enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Too cool bro.

Top cool pics, and even better you was there my friend, respect!

I was in hammamet for around 15 years ago, but i did not see the star wars locations...

only the feeling, being real close to the real deal.

Hope the trip was safe and nice, as the area can be a bit dangerous down there.

Cheers ;)

really thanks to all bro's for kind words! :D

i hope all of you can gone there one day because it is really magic place (the lars house), a great feeling of fun, i was 10 years at these moment, and my eyes was open like never!

i hope really too to go again and see all others star wars places from tunisia, and there is many another, and i think it need more days for doing all of it.

gordonator, i don't took sand, just shoot approx 200 photos!!!... lol i have just sorry to have forgot to take my mepd beret or a t-shirt, but if I return I will not forget this for sure!! ;)

rolf, tataouine is really in south of tunisia it is a small town, and there no too tourist like hammamet and monastir sousse or djerba, so there more tunisian guys, but i never felt danger, all guys are really cool and love discution, but like everywhere in the world there is a small lot of bad guys. it was cool for me no problem.

the situation is more stressful when you're in the middle of nowhere with a car that starts to heat up and no way to communicate, you feel small lol :lol:

dirty boy, yes it will be very cool to going over ther with the armor, but for these trip it was really impossible because it was not the principal purpose of the trip.

i will probably take it if i will return in tunisia, but i think it will be really expensive to transport armor and pack and ...gun... in a plane... parjai can probably reply to this.

parjai i seen the 501st sticker, he he !! look at this!!! yes there is white paint on it... :D

Posted Image

_________________________________________________________________________________________

More pictures here that I think interresting, something we do not often see this place in travel pictures.

the lars house is down between each picket white contour delineates.

Posted Image

the hotel reception...

Posted Image

the hotel map

Posted Image

the Behind the scenery

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

pictures near the reception

Posted Image