My MEPD Pack Build

Quartermaster

Well, I have been slowly working on my pack for deployment. I have decided to go with the "Air Filter" pack. Have almost everything ready for assembly. Just have to swap the swithes out on my Crashmann Radio for more accurate silver ones and add the main dial, put together the lab pipe for the left side of the pack and assemble one more wipes bottle for the syphon. Going to use this radio for now and swap it out with the new Crashmann Radio once I get it.

The Air Filer and PVC frame were custom made by me. Backpack straps are military issue that I picked up from a local Army Navy store for $7.

Faucet cover and 2" ABS pipe from Home Depot, Tupperware from Ebay, Syphon from the UK, Crashmann radar dish and trays. Thermal pad and end caps from VT Armor.

Here are all the parts prior to assembly. Laid everything out on the frame and seed trays just to see how it will look. Nothing mounted yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know what you think! ;) Always open to suggestions.

Looking good there bro.

It has some sort of stylized look, but once assembled and with proper weathering I think it will do the trick!

Good job.

When fixing the seedtrays to the frame, make sure both of them almost tocuh each other so that no space is left between them.

Also, Im not sure if the radar dish (tupperware lid) should be placed a bit lower on the tube. Just looks different now, could be that. But I let someone else to confirm this.

Nice pack for sure.

saludos

It has some sort of stylized look, but once assembled and with proper weathering I think it will do the trick!

I agree. That's not a bad thing... it just looks like an actual pack though. Like a "toy" made life size! Very cool indeed! :duim:

Thanks Juan. Yeah, the radar dish is just leaning up on the tube for the picture. It will be mounted lower on the tube during final assembly. Thanks for the tip on the trays as well. I will make sure they almost touch during the final mounting.

Just wanted to confirm a few things:

a.) Air filter pack has no "shot gun shells" on the upper right tray?

b.) No vinyl tape on the lower tray?

Thanks!

Thanks Juan. Yeah, the radar dish is just leaning up on the tube for the picture. It will be mounted lower on the tube during final assembly. Thanks for the tip on the trays as well. I will make sure they almost touch during the final mounting.

Just wanted to confirm a few things:

a.) Air filter pack has no "shot gun shells" on the upper right tray?

b.) No vinyl tape on the lower tray?

Thanks!

No worries mate!

and:

a.) Not 100% sure about that, but I think it doesnt has them

b.) Nop, only pack with electricians tape would be the pack for the Move Along Trooper or captain pack.

BTW, cool details on the faceplate with the little drilled dots for screws and all.

Saludos!

Thanks Noel! I appreciate the info. You guys always know how to find just the right screenshots! I am really looking forward to getting this thing together and weathered. Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to get most of it done.

I will post more pics soon! :duim:

I think it's coming along great - this is one of my favorite packs & it's good to see another done. Man, packs these days are sooooo much better than what we used to have.

Thanks Jason, Chris, Paul and Gordon for the input. I will be working on this over the weekend.

I will post more pics soon.

Hope you are enjoying your HWT SE pack Chris (TK-5069).

Let me know when you are ready for one of these. ;)

Looks freakin great John!

I justgot my lake blue paintyesterday and painted my trays/bottles. I SHOULD have my crashmann mushroom caps and exhaust port box today. Gonna work on my pack a bit this weekend, and maybe put together the other thigh on my armor LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finished my Sergeants Pack for my deployment. Still have to weather it. I also did not like the look of the tapered plastic wet ones bottles so I picked up a couple of aluminum water bottles from my local dollar store. I used a cutting wheel on my dremel to cut the tops off and the mushroom caps fit perfectly over them. I plan to add some dents to them during the weathering process to make them look a little more beat up and authentic. Here you go...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Noel, Ben. I will get it dirty soon.

Also realized I forgot to give some credit to Mr. Bojangles for the Mushroom Caps. They worked perfectly, even with the aluminum water bottles I used instead of the wet ones bottles they were made for. Thanks!:D

Thanks guys! Glad you like it. I'm really happy with how it came out. Some of my best work so far if I may say so.

Going to get those shoulder straps re-mounted under my armor and I should be ready to request deployment! ;)