New Sandtrooper TM suit done.

Rolf

That's true Zac. If you want to trim them, make sure you line the bottoms up and just cut the tops to suit. Take a look at the original armour and you will see the backs of the thighs at the top do not line up prefectly. The joining strip is usually cut at an angle to compensate so it's quite alright if you want to do this :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy that.

I trim the legs, so they fit the accurate size stripes closing them front and back.

Plus i trim them, so they still have the right shape.

If i have trim more off, they would start to be too flat a like looking (maybe i could have taken a few mm off the back).

Here a close up:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I´m pretty happy i took the pictures yesterday.

Here a pic out of my window from today.

Take a look... WWwwuuhhaaa planet HOTH

Posted Image

Cheers :-)

HOLY AUNT BERU that's amazing!!!!! :blink:

Did you say Beru... she´s history MMmmuuhhaaa :-)

Posted Image

RougeTrooper did the pics for me over at FISD, heres a few more ;-)

Hi grany, hand me those droids, or i blast you away... and yes, your jedi houkes poukes don´t work on me dude.

Posted Image

Nice!

Posted Image

Congratulations, Rolf THE TD-Man :td:

Bro, I'm very impressed to see the end results of you as a screen accurate Sandtrooper armed with your RT-97C Heavy Blaster (MG-15) replica in these pictures :

Posted Image

Posted Image

However, it is evident that you've purchased the main processor of your spaceship navigation computer from a Jawa salesman :jawa: Instead of taking you to Mos Eisley, Tatooine, the processor has set your co-ordinates to the Rebel's Echo Base in 6th Planet in the Hoth System! :lol:

I'm loving the pictures, Rolf! With all that snow, you should do a snowtrooper next! TD in the summer and a TS in the winter!

That's true Zac. If you want to trim them, make sure you line the bottoms up and just cut the tops to suit. Take a look at the original armour and you will see the backs of the thighs at the top do not line up prefectly. The joining strip is usually cut at an angle to compensate so it's quite alright if you want to do this :)

@troopermaster - I'd never noticed the strip in the back being what hides the miss-alignment if too much is cut from the top. I'm going to have to take a closer look!

No need for the gym bro.

We are ANH 70´screen accurate slim a like hahaha :-)

more or less... with getting older i´m still getting more and more to the size of a Gamorrean Guard... :lol:

The suit looks stunning, bro! you never cease to amaze me, over and over again! :duim: :duim: :duim:

Here you go, my new TM sandtrooper.

Hope you like him.

Cheers :-)

Thats one nice piece off armor you have made there. I love those special pics with you. It is easy to see that you have put a lot of work into this as usual. :D

I'm loving the pictures, Rolf! With all that snow, you should do a snowtrooper next! TD in the summer and a TS in the winter!

:lol: hahha good one.

Nnnaahh i´m only a TDman, but the idea is great :D

Thanks for all your great replys on him, its not the best pictures.

I will try to take some new ones, when the weather is better asap.

And some close ups of the weathering soon too.

Cheers bro´s, and thinks for all your shoulder claps.

Love back at ya from here :)

Awesome job Rolf... :blink:

Thanks bro´s.

I love the suit too, each part on the suit, TM have dig deep into to catch the accurate ANH details/size and shape.

I hope to take some new pics soon, either in a sand grave, or just a out side troop when the warmer sun coming knocking on the Europe door here soon hopefully.

Peace out :)

WHOA!! That suit looks amazing! Id love to have a TM suit...but the shipping would kill me being here in the states. So for my Sandy build i got the best set here in the states, TE2! I may pick up a TM bucket eventually though heh. :rolleyes:

Hi Mr. Big appel (bin to your city twice, love!!! it there).

You still got one of the best suits on planet earth, to me the TM and TE2 are the two best suits out there.

Yo :)

Stunning work Rolf!

If your having trouble with your thighs, simply trim them down to make them narrow. I just finished building a kit for a slim guy and the thighs are just like the promo trooper, super slim. Remember, ANH armour doesn't have the moulded joinig strips so you can cut them to whatever size you want ;)

My strap elastic system to hold up the legs front, and back...

Was too loose in the front, so the legs drop over in the front.

I have add the straps better now, and in the top of the front legs, so they not fall better in vs. last time ;)

Posted Image

LOvely suit as always Rolf, and an inspiration

Thanks old friend, i´m happy you like my new UK gear.

I just rework, some of the elastic strap system tonight here and there, so it fit better.

Hope to troop in it soon.

New pics up then.

Cheers mate :)

Hey Rolf, why don't you get some Latex Handguards? Then you would be 100% accurate :D

I just got taken a picture of my R2Dan latex hand plates.

I got the gloves all ready, and i just glue the plates on whit E6000.

Here you go ;)

Posted Image

Its made in white latex, i´m not sure if i shall keep them like they are...

or paint them whit white humbrol, they might be a bit too yellow white a like.

But again, the paint might crack off.

Cheers :)

Its made in white latex, i´m not sure if i shall keep them like they are...

or paint them whit white humbrol, they might be a bit too yellow white a like.

But again, the paint might crack off.

Cheers :)

I suggest you spray them white Plastidip, I painted mine with that and they're incredibly flexible and tough!