MEPD 2010

FIVE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya man, I am wondering how to change my group to Sandtrooper as well? ;)

Just for everyone's FYI on that subject... B)

You can't change that part. It's the group you're in because you're part of the 501st. Sandtroopers are technically just people with TD armor who don't have a 501st ID #.

Really Noel? But I see lot of people under Sandtrooper group and I'm very sure they are 501st members as well. :blink:

Yeah, it really doesn't matter... I could, in fact, do away with the whole 501st group all together and just port everyone to sandtrooper. I'm sure it was done for organizational reasons in the beginning, but so many are on one who wanted to be and so on that it doesn't matter anymore in my eyes.

Disregard this and keep reading below...

Oh, and keep enjoying the new site. B)

Yeah, it really doesn't matter... I could, in fact, do away with the whole 501st group all together and just port everyone to sandtrooper. I'm sure it was done for organizational reasons in the beginning, but so many are on one who wanted to be and so on that it doesn't matter anymore in my eyes.

I agree it really doesn't matter just a matter of personal preference is all.

With my 501st ID and

501 garrison clearly posted I just like the Sandtrooper group myself.

:D

Actually it does matter and you cannot collapse the two groups. There are three levels of membership you need to maintain on this board:

Members (not 501st)

501st Members : belong to 501st, but do not have a Legion approved TD

Sandtroopers : belong to the 501st AND have a Legion approved TD

The last group is the actual detachment members who are eligible to vote in detachment only matters and can see things like election discussions.

This is how it works on CTN, BSN, FISD, etc. as well. You can rename the groups, but you need to keep the three separate. This is spelled out in the charter. can rename them as you like, but they are not the same and need to remain that way.

Welcome to being a DL Noel :)

And why yes, I did set up the board and this is why it was done that way ;-)

So, you've probably noticed that the site has changed... and hopefully you're very excited about it.

Even though I don't "officially" take over as the MEPD CO until after the elections, consider this is my first contribution to the MEPD.

I'm anxious to hear what everyone thinks and am hoping that the design makes you feel (even more) proud to be a TD!

I've actually been working on this redesign for a while... long before I was nominated. Everything from the bookmark icon to the background to many of the navigation buttons have been changed out. I've tested it a lot, but since there is a difference between testing something and using something please let us know if you find any major glitches or flaws.

I really hope you all enjoy the new look... and that it gets you excited for 2010 here in the sand pit!

Now... let's go get those droids! B)

GREAT JOB BRO!!!!!! LOVE IT B)

Actually it does matter and you cannot collapse the two groups. There are three levels of membership you need to maintain on this board:

Members (not 501st)

501st Members : belong to 501st, but do not have a Legion approved TD

Sandtroopers : belong to the 501st AND have a Legion approved TD

The last group is the actual detachment members who are eligible to vote in detachment only matters and can see things like election discussions.

This is how it works on CTN, BSN, FISD, etc. as well. You can rename the groups, but you need to keep the three separate. This is spelled out in the charter. can rename them as you like, but they are not the same and need to remain that way.

Welcome to being a DL Noel :)

And why yes, I did set up the board and this is why it was done that way ;-)

AHHH!!! Thank you!

That makes sense now!

Okay, so actually I need to be making sure people are IN the right groups. Good... more fun stuff to do in the back-end of the site. B)

That's a great way to set it up too!