ANH Stormtrooper helmet: FINISHED! NEW PHOTOS!

trooperexpert

Here it is all done and ready to go to its new home!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

TE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got bored today.. Needed to build something that would awe and amaze you all. The helmet is made using the bumpy cap and back that I took from molding my first ANH helmet. I may sell this, so if anyone is insanely wanting a trooper helmet that is not cleaned and like the AA/SDS crap, shoot me a line!

PICS!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whatcha think???

TE!

Updated: Meant to say chin, not frown

The only thing I hate about the ANH mold is the chin (goatee) being integrated into the helmet. Maybe it's just me, but painting that sucker was a real PITA.

Perhaps if I had used a really fine brush and a magnifying glass (I'm an old man) I could get really nice straight lines on that puppy, but alas trying to finish the helmet in the early mornings before my family woke up...suffice it to say the helmet will look better once dirty.

Other than that it was a breeze to build and IMHO more comfortable to wear than the FX buckets.

Oh, it looks sweet btw!

Paul

Updated: Meant to say chin, not frown

The only thing I hate about the ANH mold is the chin (goatee) being integrated into the helmet. Maybe it's just me, but painting that sucker was a real PITA.

Perhaps if I had used a really fine brush and a magnifying glass (I'm an old man) I could get really nice straight lines on that puppy, but alas trying to finish the helmet in the early mornings before my family woke up...suffice it to say the helmet will look better once dirty.

Other than that it was a breeze to build and IMHO more comfortable to wear than the FX buckets.

Oh, it looks sweet btw!

Paul

Paul,

Remember that YOU have armor. (Sounds like you have TE armor) There are others out there who can ONLY dream of TE armor.

TE armor owners... brothers, WE ARE TRULY BLESSED!

Guns

TE, you da man!

Actually I have FX armor and an FX bucket. I was lucky to grab one of the authentic ANH helmet kits while they were still available on Ebay. But I'm unlucky enough to have a big shnoz, so have to put it on sideways.

My dream is to some day have a set of TE armor that I'll keep clean and white, but like many I can only afford one suit right now and so it anticipate being dirty for some time to come.

Back on topic - is there a reason why the ANH helmets have the goatee integrated instead of a separate piece to facilitate easy painting?

Paul,

Are you speaking of the mandible between the two mic tips? I do believe that the "original" helmets were formed in that fashion.

I also owned FX armor prior to obtaining my TE armor. It was so much easier painting the helmet piece separately and then afixing it on the helmet that's for sure.

Guns

Yes, I mean the mandible. While a painting PITA for lesser mortals like me, I think most folks will do just fine - there are some very talented people in this detachment.

Paul

I went sandy because I made too many mistakes buildng my armor.

Matt,

If you check this - what grey color did you use as the under coat before masking and painting it white? I'm going to do the same thing on my next one, totally authentic! I might even try to mimic the exact same weathering and paint chip patterns as the 'Move Along' helmet recently discovered.

AhA! Give away my scecrets huh!?

Just kidding... OK, here is the kicker. The color is actuallly more like khaki.

You need:

Krylon Fushion: River rock satin

Krylon Fushion: Gloss White

NOW, to be 100% authentic, since the helmets were a bit off white compared to the rest of the armor, they make a new color in fushion called Dover White.

This is the closest color I have ever seen that matches the off white of the real helmets used in the film.

Just a side note. Over the years I have found that only krylon is a paint that can be layed with different colors over itself and does not crack or cause issues. DONT try this with another brand or mixing and matching. You will get horrible results!

Good luck!

TE

You are more than welcome! I am happy to assist adn the suit loks ****!

WOOHOO!

Whats next?

Snowtroopers! They are all done and ready to roll! Pics coming in December. Head to toe complete and they are the... well, you know!

Clones dont interest me at all sadly. Hate the new ones.. just not what I think they would have looked like..

Clones dont interest me at all sadly. Hate the new ones.. just not what I think they would have looked like..

Just wondering: how would you have liked the clones to look?

My preferred version is a combined Fett and original Stormtrooper armor - white Fett helmet with black/green visor and the fett armor mixed into the Stormtrooper armor... now THAT would've looked cool and menacing, imo.

Well gang it's finally here!

After spending my birthday at a Boy Scouts Camporee with my son and Troop 39 (I'm one of the assistant scoutmasters) I returned home expecting to see a big box of "happy times" waiting for me!

But the USPS had other ideas. They had to open the box and examine the contents FIRST - causing a delay in the arrival of this "special-edition, one-time-issue, custom-made AND autographed" TE helmet until TODAY!!!

CHEEHOO!!! A very unique TE bucket in the HOUSE baby! Yeah baby, YEAH!!!

Thanks TE - the helmet is TRULY AWESOME! A very special thank-you to my darling wife of 19 years Faye who bought the bucket for me! Thanks dear, I absolutely LOVE IT! Photos to follow! Cheehoo!

Guns