My TE2 TD Armor

FIVE

Since I finished my sandtrooper and since my dad (a photographer) is in town, we went out to take some pictures this afternoon. I am happy! (note my boots are still “clean” because I have to have them clean Tuesday...) I know I have to fix my gun to get deployed here... but what does everyone think? I'm ready to submit to get my TD at least! B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just like Pappy said..well done there, great work!!

and take of one button for the right TD abplate look.. ;)

Everyone seems to be obsessed with the three-button thing. Last time i checked, it's not a requirement, and unless you have a good quality replacement part it's best not to touch it :P

Great looking armor there, Nol!

Nothing to do with being obsessed there, but if you want to get yourself deployed you need the 3 button configuration..a big difference between TK/TD armor. B)

The armor itself looks killer for sure!!

Thanks everyone! B)

You can be deployed with 4 buttons... so rather than mess with cutting one of these off and being "too small" I just left the 4 on. I mean TD 1536 (Mike) has 4 buttons and if I can live up to his armor I'm a happy trooper! haha But... yes... I may swap them out one day.

Now I just gotta troop in it!! :D

Wow, beautiful armor and great weathering!

If you have the chance, do some action shots like charging into battle, aiming and firing the big gun, having the gun pointed toward the camera - not straight toward the camera, because then you can't see it, but if you've got a wide angle lens, put the gun tip in one corner of the frame, then look up the barrel toward your helmet :duim:

Posted Image

Yes, I know that's not a Sandtrooper, but it is TC-1536, our detachment leader!

Charlie

Nothing to do with being obsessed there, but if you want to get yourself deployed you need the 3 button configuration..a big difference between TK/TD armor. B)

Nope... 3 buttons are encouraged, but not required. personally, I won't be touching mine until I get a proper, dedicated replacement part. I don't want a hack-job solution...

I simply don't get it anymore..we need a pack, correct pauldron etc, etc..but we can leave the 4 buttons, too strange for me..Then you're a HWT for me and not a sandy..

getting 501st approved with 4 ok, but getting deployed with them.. <_<

just my 2 cents..

I simply don't get it anymore..we need a pack, correct pauldron etc, etc..but we can leave the 4 buttons, too strange for me..Then you're a HWT for me and not a sandy..

just my 2 cents..

Well then, re-read the requirements, then. This is exactly how our requirements are... For the longest time there was absolutely no mention of the buttons. It's just about the least noticeable detail of them all.

A HWT? Give me a break....

No need to rush and do a bad job (the 4 button panel trimmed down to 3 will be way too short and would just look bad). I'll do the change once I have a proper part (not sooner!), and I hope Nol will do the same, too.

I know the requirements, but I am more for the screen accurate look.

But when you glue the 4 button strip on it, it's your own interpretation of how it should be and look like.

I myself would find it more appropiate if the requirements would be revised concerning this specific piece ot the armor.

Heck, just as long as your happy with it it's cool with me... B)

just my 2 cents..

PM sent.

Well... after checking and double checking and triple checking and asking people, and looking at pictures, and doing my research and deciding that if 4 was good enough for all the people I idolized the armor of it was good enough for me... I get knocked out of getting to apply for MEPD status now by basically one day. :6:

Of course I still have to finish my gun mods anyway... and switching the buttons REALLY isn't THAT big of a deal... so...

PM sent to TM for buttons, and I just have to look at it as I'm one step closer to meeting the stringent standards of the MEPD.

4 will just have to work for now for my own self.

I feel a bit light headed... pardon me while I go cry for a while... :wacko:

With all that's going on in the real world I think the 3 or 4 button deal is something I'm not going to stress about. I think covering all the bills since my wife lost her job and putting food on the table comes first. A lot of troopers out there are selling their armor just to get extra cash for bills. There is so much more other stuff to ***** about. Star Wars to me is a escape from my stressful life. I can't be the only one feeling it. Nol you did a great job on your armor.

I think you're looking awesome Noel - another fantastic job :)

As for the 3 vs. 4 buttons : realize that the standards are always evolving. Heck, just a few years ago you could have drop boxes, lines on your tears/traps, etc.

The 3 button is such a small detail...there are many other items that can be cleaned up first.