My first armour...TE2 TD WIP!

padde

Hey everyone!

For a few weeks, this big box with the sweet content has been sitting in my work shop and I was not brave enough to start building it - my TE2 armour!

Posted Image

To be honest, this is my first trooper armour and I was just too afraid of messing something up, so it just sat there...! ;)

But finally, I started to unpack and trim the first parts and the more pieces I have been working on, the better the fun!

Oh, and thanks to Rolf the TDMAN, I am not messing up too many parts...! ;)

I have been trimming and sanding the body parts - pics to be done - and wanted to continue with the parts for the legs and the arms to finish that work, when something interefered...this sweet little helmet was just too tempting to work on, so I could not resist! :D

So, after three days of trimming and sanding - I know I am slow but also very nit-picking from time to time - I started out on the helmet which kept me busy during the whole day... :blink:

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is the result - it is not perfect but I am quite pleased for the first time! What do you think? Comments are more than welcome!! :D

Unfortunately, my faceplate had a few flaws and some material on the underside cracked...I hope it won't trear open any further...Any ideas for a repair...?

Cheers!

Patrick

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words guys!

As there are many threads of poeple's builds who are by far more talented when it comes to armour assembly as I seem to be, I originally thought I should not make another thread...but then again, hey, why not?! ;)

So, here are some more pics from the beginning and in between:

Posted Image

The first few steps...:

Posted Image

Oooops, what happened here??? ;D

Posted Image

Status quo:

Posted Image

Looks freaking cool bro Patrick.

You have done a A+ job, and its your first one, whit out any mistakes so far.

You are doing a GREAT! job.

Keep up the good work brother.

I got two TE2 suits in, send one of the suits to Padde.

I trim one of the parts, and made a draw where to cut line on all the parts.

Even there are where to cut lines, its still a hard job to cut it.

Make it all fit your own body, and assemble it right.

And i must say, you have every right to be proud of what you have done so far.

The helmet looks mad cool bro, The angle of the ear caps just right.

Good trim out eyes, and air over them to the bow trim etc.

Keep up the good work bro :) .

really nice work, and also nice armor :D

you are lucky man, one of the best suit!

my time is coming, i hope to receive my te2 suit in few weeks

and i hope to do a work as good as you ;)

have fun

+++

Merci beaucoup mon ami!

Et bonne chance pour ta TE2! ;)

Salut

Patrick

nice padde

you bought a cool set of armor

Thanks, Mario!

Alright, folks - it has been a while and I did not get to do much as I was on a week long business trip.

But I have been busy during the weekend and here are the results:

may I introduce you my nearly finished helmet?! ;)

It still needs a bit of work (need to refine the finish of the ears to say the least...) as I have not had the time to install the lens material as well as the neck trim. But here we go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like it! ;D

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks, Obi! :D

Alright, guys - it has been a while and I did not get to do much on the beauty during the past few weeks...sorry about that...!

But finally, there has been some progress - my work from this week - enjoy! and thanks for looking! B)

All parts trimmed and sanded...

Posted Image

I hate glue...can you tell me why...??? :lol:

Posted Image

Cheers

Patrick

Wow - this is looking great! Hard to believe it's your first time doing this.

Yay, thanks, Daetrin! But it really is...cannot believe it myself how this is coming along...!

But to be honest - you guys did not hear the curses and screams and mishaps during assembly...! :lol:

And I was being helped by the best and most professional people in these forums - I could not have done it without all this valuable info - especially from Rolf the Wolf! :D

Oh, by the way, I just came home from the store - bought strapping, velcro and snaps, so stay tuned for the first test fit coming up soon...! B)

Although, it might take a bit as I will have to figure out a way to close the back of the thigh pieces...seems that my thighs are a bit too big to regularly fit into those things, so I might go for a solution like being used in connection with the shins...(who said that doing sports would be good for one's body??? Definately not to form a trooper body :blink: )

Cheers

Patrick