My first armour...TE2 TD WIP!

padde

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thanks guys!

Oh yes, it is fun - but I wish it would already be over...! *lol*

Nah, just kidding, it is fun and challenging and one gets to appreciate the outcome, right?? ;)

Regarding the sharpness of the pull I have to say that it is very sharp which I am very happy about, but there are also some flaws in the pull that I was a bit surprised about! But still it is a great looking armour and the overall sharpness is very good!

Many snaps are already in place...more to come soon...! ;)

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks for the kind words and support, guys - I really appreciate that!

Well, I have finally come to test fit the suit!

There are still some minor alterations required, like fixing the gap on the backside of the thigh pieces and add an attachment from the inner belt to the backside as well (not only front) to better hold them in place and prevent them from sliding down. Then I will have to adjust the hight of the butt piece and add some foam in the forearm pieces to prevent them from sliding down as well. Made them a bit too wide...! ;)

I am still waiting for my belt to add that as well, so that is still missing...

Well and then, the suit will be ready for weathering!!

When you check out those pictures, you might notice the boots not being very accurate in terms of material and colour - well, I am working on that...! :D

But enough of words, let pictures speak for themselves! Ladies and Gentleman, Padde's TE2 V1.0 - enjoy! :)

Posted Image

Whoops, who's that?! Right armour but wrong person...!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW :blink:

Looking freaking good bro.

A BIG!!! A+ from here :) .

Looking good from top to toe (love the hair)

(only the diamond knee is a bit high, but not much)

Even you are 191cm tall, the TE2 fit you perfect.

Top work my friend ;) .

Hey guys,

thanks for the positive feedback - wow, I am glad that you like it! ;)

I did not get to do much during the last weeks but I will continue soon as I am having all the missing parts at hand now! Well, at least the last few things are on their way...! ;D

But I still have a problem to solve, therefore I would like to ask if anyone coul dhelp me out with some information about where and how I could get my hands on material to make shims? I am still unable to fully close the back of the thigh pieces, so I will definately have to insert some shims...

Any ideas...?

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Still looking fantastic!

What are the "flaws" are you talking about?

Just the normal "good stuff?" (because you know you want THOSE flaws... right?) B)

Or something else?

Just looks superb!

Almost dirty-time!!

...where and how I could get my hands on material to make shims?

Go to the hardware store and find a large plastic "for sale" sign. Cut it into long strips, and test fit using tape on the inside seam of your thighs.

Make sure your paint will stick to the plastic before you glue it in!

If it's the wrong kind of plastic, look for a sign making company in your area. Sometimes they have scrap bins that you dig through for free :) You are looking for HIPS - high impact polystyrene.

Good luck!

Charlie

Thanks guys, you are making me happy! :D

Charlie, that is a nice hint - I would never have thought of that possibility!! *lol*

Thanks so much!

And Nol, the 'usual' flaws are just perfect and exactly as I wanted them - I was just finding a few on the helmet, I am a bit concerned about, like very thin material which tends to crack and mis-shaped material from the pull on the ends of the face plate and back...

But anyway, it is a great helmet and as long it will not crack into pieces, I am more than happy to have it! :lol:

And it definately is time to get dirty now! Just need some time to do it and to solve the thigh situation first of course which seems to be working out soon.

Thanks for your continued support, people!

Cheers

Patrick

in looking this picture (down shoulder part in front direction) i'm wonder what is the right sense, because i can seen other TD with te2 suit with the shoulder part in the back direction.

Posted Image

Excellent question, mon ami - I have been searching for info and making up my mind for hours in order to be able to get this right but still am unsure...! :(

I am using the shoulder bells like in the picture now just because they seem to fit my shoulders better if worn like this. But if needed, they could be worn in the alternate direction as well.

Thanks for the input - maybe some of the pros could give me some insight? :D

Cheers

Patrick

Excellent question, mon ami - I have been searching for info and making up my mind for hours in order to be able to get this right but still am unsure...! :(

I am using the shoulder bells like in the picture now just because they seem to fit my shoulders better if worn like this. But if needed, they could be worn in the alternate direction as well.

Thanks for the input - maybe some of the pros could give me some insight? :D

Cheers

Patrick

Hi bro P.

I wear mine back:

Posted Image

Cheers :)

I'm pretty sure most wear them back though the Sandtroopers didn't have them at all. TE2 armour is based on ESB armour.

By the way nice job. You're a natural plastic head.

You're right bro...

Posted Image

So, now the question is... is it a matter of what each one prefers?

I guess so.

Saludos.

Posted Image

It won't really matter too much which way around you wear them. The problem here is that this particular shoulder bell (mould) was modified incorrectly and shouldn't have the swoop facing the way it does. Originally, there was a left and right bell sculpted and only one had a swoop, the left side which faced forward. The other bell didn't have a swoop at all, so the swoop either faces forwards or backwards depending on which arm the wearer wore it on. This is a minor discrepancy on this particular armour but I wouldn't worry about it at all.

And, just to put the record straight......TE/TE2 armour was cast from ROTJ, not ESB :)

• 3 months later...

Alright, my sandy Bros - here we go again!

I know it has been a long time - too long for my taste - but it has finally happened!

May I introduce to you my finished TE2 armour! :peace:

Here are a few quick shots my wife just took...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess there is still a lot of improvement to be made to the weathering - or at least possible - but as I might sell the suit shortly anyway, I will let that to a potential new owner.... :P

Thanks for bearing with me and all your helpful comments!

Cheers all!

P.

Really nice TD bro!

Great armor and great job.

I like the weathering. I guess its a matter of personal taste but for me its just great.

On idea: if you were to weather and age your pouches, it would add a lot of character to your TD. Just a suggestion. ;)

Good job bro!

Saludos.