TD 1945 Requesting Deployment

TK1945

No, it's a GF helmet. I got it back in 97 for the release of the Special Editions. One of the reasons I went Sandy was because I had the helmet on display a few years ago and it started to yellow. Also, I've replaced the lenses with flat green ones. Hope this helps.

I'd have to agree the helmet does look very much like an FX lid, the rolled sides are quite big which is the normal give away for an FX. How do you find walking not that I think it matters for deployment but you dont have alot of movement area at the knees. I would have thought it is quite hard to walk in, can you bring up the thighs a touch?

Good luck with your deployment mate :)

I'd have to agree the helmet does look very much like an FX lid, the rolled sides are quite big which is the normal give away for an FX. How do you find walking not that I think it matters for deployment but you dont have alot of movement area at the knees. I would have thought it is quite hard to walk in, can you bring up the thighs a touch?

Good luck with your deployment mate :)

Yes, one of the problems with being short (I'm 5 feet 7 inches) is the legs. I've actually modified them since this picture was taken and it helped a little but not much. I don't have the seems splitting in the back as bad now though. Also, my wife suited me up for these photos and she's not a big Star Wars fan or as patient as most handlers. :P

As far as the helmet, I've compared it to a friends FX and my GF is wider and overall much bigger.

Unfortunately the FX helmet no longer qualifies for deployment. That aside, everything else looks fine.

Or perhaps fortunately. Having it not be eligible here or on FISD has really spurred people to upgrade - the MRCE craze is one product of this. I think it's a small change that has really increased the look of troopers worldwide.

And it's fortunate that you now have an excuse to spend money on a costume upgrade :)

Now I am confused. I know I purchased my armor from GF back in 97 but didn't know he had anything to do with FX. Also, after looking at the link for starwarshelmets.com I noticed the black mouth area between the airators is sculpted onto the helmet, mine is a seprate piece. My helmet looks more like the AFX one here.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/anothertroopcomp.htm

Are AFX and FX the same?

Hello! William.

Let me explain what I know:

From what I see and with your words of "turn yellow", I can easily confirm that your helmet is an early production of GF (latter and till now refer to as "FX/GT") was produced by GF that sculpted from scratch during the year of your purchase (I purchaed the same thing in 1998). One speific of this early production of GF is that it will turn yellow after years passed by due to the thick and beyond quality clear paint used on the helmet (The latter production of GF ain't turn yellow even years passed by).

After couple of years, GF had sculped a more screen accurate helmet that base on the original screen used helmet named GF2 (latter and till now simply refer to as "GF"). After a small run of QTY., GF had stopped his sale of GF2 due to the formal notice from LFL.

So in short, FX/GT and GF were both produced by GF but FX/GT is not graded as ELITE in FISD and get deployed here.

Hope my above help and best wishes to your deployment, brotherhood :rolleyes: