Heavely weatherd TD found

The_Trooper

I know who that is,...don't know for sure if he's an enlistee of the Dutch Outpost....

He did his best in his own way, let's keep that in mind.

Some of us don't posess the skills to get a perfect finish or the knowledge for what colours or materials used.

But that's what we are here for..

Anyway..he blends perfectly in between the cows though B)

Wow,I agree brah,just knew that :lol:

Sorry bro,I thougt he's a man making joke with his armor just for fun sake and.....man,he's quite big for a kid.

Tell him 'bout enamel paints :lol: ,so he don't make mistakes like I do :blink:

Also..did ya ask to him if it's ok placing his photo back here ?? Indeed Justus.. i am 100 % sure that this is Ruben he have been trooped with the Dutch Outpost also via C.A.H, etc ! So..i think he will be your fellow trooper soon though at the D.O. !!

I always say..weathering is something personal...! Even you like it or not !! Sure it's really not my style though but i always respects someone else his / her work ! What's your Armor doing ??

Grtz RAY

He's not a sandtrooper... he's a cowtrooper!

Notice he matches the bovines behind him.

That's what happens when you're deployed to a farm planet.

Gotta blend in!

But yeah... seriously, if he likes it more power to him!

I've seen some that people "here" think is good and I think it's either too much or too little. So, if you're reading this post man, we're laughing WITH you not AT you.

Yes, his weathering looks pretty bad. But let's remember that we are here to HELP our fellow sandtroopers, not run them down. If you have something constructive that will help him improve his costume then let's hear it! Heck, people local to him could even help in person.

MEPD has always been a place where brothers help brothers - let's keep that focus gentlemen!

:salute:

Also..did ya ask to him if it's ok placing his photo back here ?? Indeed Justus.. i am 100 % sure that this is Ruben he have been trooped with the Dutch Outpost also via C.A.H, etc ! So..i think he will be your fellow trooper soon though at the D.O. !!

I always say..weathering is something personal...! Even you like it or not !! Sure it's really not my style though but i always respects someone else his / her work ! What's your Armor doing ??

Grtz RAY

I know ray :( I'm sorry bro :( I thought he is making 'other' type of weathering,you know,just for fun,because I saw similarities with.....ya,and he's taken that picture on purpose,some people liked to do that too,and refer weathering is 'personal',always remembered that first time I knew it from you. I really didn't mean to.

Hope you know what I'm trying to say with my "not so good" english

Like i said '' weathering is something personal '' !! It's looking quite ok ! Though i find the boots way too heavy weathered as also the backplate , AB plate is flipping on the top, what are those white dots on the pauldron ??

Anyway...you don't have to like someone else his / her Armor but joking around with someone else his / her Armor is also not nescesarry is it ??

You like your Armor the way it is..be proud and happy but some other doesn't ..heg...like i said it's a personal thing !! You don't low down a fellow trooper !! No matter how he or she looks like !! It's his point of vieuw !

Grtz RAY

I think if he wants the heavy weathered look it would be fine :) , just add some light paint applied with a cloth to get a dirtier look on top then its going to look awesome B) ! I might even go for a heavy weather trooper one day.... Looks more like a strom/sand trooper that does live on earth.

Luke :D

Like i said '' weathering is something personal '' !! It's looking quite ok ! Though i find the boots way too heavy weathered as also the backplate , AB plate is flipping on the top, what are those white dots on the pauldron ??

Anyway...you don't have to like someone else his / her Armor but joking around with someone else his / her Armor is also not nescesarry is it ??

You like your Armor the way it is..be proud and happy but some other doesn't ..heg...like i said it's a personal thing !! You don't low down a fellow trooper !! No matter how he or she looks like !!

Grtz RAY

Iam glad you gave your honest opinion Ray, like i said i have offered my help to him.

Also what up with this "her Armor but joking around with someone else his" who says iam joking about him....???!

I have seen your TD suit on pictures from CE and i have many marks about your weathering also, but you dont hear me go about that....

Anyway lets just keep the negative things out of the boards. Iam out.

I am glad you gave your honest opinion Ray, like i said i have offered my help to him.

Also what up with this "her Armor but joking around with someone else his" who says iam joking about him....???!

I have seen your TD suit on pictures from CE and i have many marks about your weathering also, but you dont hear me go about that....

Yup...indeed that was my very first Armor ! Did that with my bro Sandtrooper Almar and indeed when looked at it sometimes i did saw things makes you say...hmm..noooo must be done way better ! But that armor has been sold for along time already and meanwhile already corrected/updated ! Sold my DV Armor as i was way too short and really didn't make me feel happy !

Also sold my brand new TB armor as i was not feeling myself happy as a TB ! After that was having a brand new AP armor in box also sold that one as my big bro Rolf offered me a awesome TE 2 armor ! So that's my history so far about Armors :blink: !

Anyway...we are here to help eachother !

Grtz RAY

like i said i have offered my help to him.

Hmmmm that's strange, you clearly wrote in your 1st post that you found the picture on the internet?!

So you actually DO know him..After taking him down you are now offering your help..strange...

who says iam joking about him....???!

:lol: means that your having lot's of fun...actually LOL

.....who started this topic anyway?? hmmm...empty posts..

Yes, his weathering looks pretty bad. But let's remember that we are here to HELP our fellow sandtroopers, not run them down. If you have something constructive that will help him improve his costume then let's hear it! Heck, people local to him could even help in person.

MEPD has always been a place where brothers help brothers - let's keep that focus gentlemen!

Completely agree on this one Deatrin..especially the last line, that's what it's all about.

Officers :P after looong hours at the cantina,I saw several pics on the wall,a dirty hat special effects crew put weathering with a brush,and a celebration japan captain picture standing. That weathering considered 'heavy' if I'm not mistaken.

I'm trying to do so with my armor,so here's what I want to do.

Using enamels greater than the pigments elements.

Using a brush,a brush that had been on several use. I guess that was those crews use,hardened brush ,I bet there are no paint shop in the middle of the dessert :lol:

After putting a layer of weathering(on small area) I'll wipe the paint by damping it with used cloth,not long afterwards.

While damping the paint,i'll try not to much pressure on it,so it'll have the brush 'footprints' as in wiped unpurpose

What do you guys think?

Cheerio :peace: let's keep the darkside for those farmboys