How easy does weathering come off?

Marcel

Ive just brought the 3 woodland scenics earth colours pigments and fullers earth natural and grey, read quite a few tutorials on putting it on. But havent seen any info on how easy it comes off, Will this get scratched off if stacked for transit and ruin it and what about if I get caught in the rain, will it wash off? :huh:

Cheers

Ive just brought the 3 woodland scenics earth colours pigments and fullers earth natural and grey, read quite a few tutorials on putting it on. But havent seen any info on how easy it comes off, Will this get scratched off if stacked for transit and ruin it and what about if I get caught in the rain, will it wash off? :huh:

Cheers

Here you go..

You can fixate your weathering by using hairspray after you've completed it. But when it rains you'd better search a dry spot anyway..it's no weather for a sandy B)

The good thing about the woodland is that you can easily wipe it off with a damp cloth or sponge.

Scratching is just one of those things you can't prevent, like when you troop and people bump into to you..But it gives it a bit of a natural look.

And you can always put some new weathering on..

Good luck on the weathering :)

I didn't believe it till I tried it. I used oven cleaner to remove all my original paint. Everything came off and it was bright white after wards!

Because of all the scratching, I went ahead and used Camo-flage tan spray paint and testors paint thinner to wipe high points to create the look I was going for. Thinner takes paint off. 409 cleaner works well on tempura paint but nothing else.