Symbol on move along TD's pauldron

Ive been researching about pauldrons to try to make my own screen accurate version. I know every single inch from every ANH image with a TD have been studied deeply... but today I noticed something that I have never heard of or anything. An its that the Pauldron belonging to the Move Along TD has a very small circular shaped symbol on the orange part, near the neck.

Check this out:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone know what this is?

Sorry if this has been posted before, just couldnt find it.

Saludos...

I have look at it too, for some time...

Posted Image

Here you see it in action, on another trooper.

Posted Image

And again on the another trooper, in the dok94.

Posted Image

I does not look to be on this captains.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One strange thing, is that on this picture it seems like both of the captain pauldrons have the shard of a small ring up the neck.

Posted Image

I´m all most 100%, that you can´t buy these any where.

And that, they was made by the LFL art department.

Used the Thorsten Hallman chest projector, as a ref.

And that the small ring shade, was a mistake in the plastic leather.

Maybe a coffee cup, leave mark.

But if its on two of them, it a bit strange.

But i don´t think, its a logo.

Cheers :)

Thanks for all the replys... its very interesting. And since I did not noticed it till yesterday, im a bit curious... Even more now seeing that it appears in two captain pauldrons...

So, do you think it could be alright to make some kind of mark resembling a wore off the imperial logo in the captain pauldron. I mean, it could be similar to this thing in the movie, but not quiet cause we know almost for sure that it is not an imperial logo...

Would it be still screen accurate it I did this logo thing, or should I just stay with no logo on my pauldron?

Any thoughts?

Rolf? (cause indeed you are the pauldron master!)

Thanks a lot!

Saludos...

Thanks for all the replys... its very interesting. And since I did not noticed it till yesterday, im a bit curious... Even more now seeing that it appears in two captain pauldrons...

So, do you think it could be alright to make some kind of mark resembling a wore off the imperial logo in the captain pauldron. I mean, it could be similar to this thing in the movie, but not quiet cause we know almost for sure that it is not an imperial logo...

Would it be still screen accurate it I did this logo thing, or should I just stay with no logo on my pauldron?

Any thoughts?

Rolf? (cause indeed you are the pauldron master!)

Thanks a lot!

Saludos...

Thanks for your kindness :)

I will say, go for it whit out the logo.

But if you can make the mark there, screen accurate it will sure be a cool move.

I have been thinking of doing it my self, for some time.

Cheers :)

You know ive just been looking through some screen grabs and just wanted to say somthing about the captain with the lewis gun and hes famous walk down that ally way.

Its got to be one of the strongest screen moments of all time, He is so imposing in hes stature and walk you are left with not a doubt in your mind that hes the law in this town.I know these been lots of others but for us guys this has got to be in the top three.

back on subject.

You know ive just been looking through some screen grabs and just wanted to say somthing about the captain with the lewis gun and hes famous walk down that ally way.

Its got to be one of the strongest screen moments of all time, He is so imposing in hes stature and walk you are left with not a doubt in your mind that hes the law in this town.I know these been lots of others but for us guys this has got to be in the top three.

back on subject.

I agree. The way he walks, you know he's in charge.

Looks like a sticker that was removed and the left over adhesive has taken to the weathering more. I would have said it is weathering but the fact that it appears on two is too coincidental.

Yes... this is what I have been thinking for a couple of days... I have been thinking about just sticking some tape in the shape of a circle, leave it there for a couple of days and then remove it using alcohol or something just to make sure that some adhesive is left over...

I dont have an orange pauldron now, but Ill try this when I finish making mine...

BTW, the captain walking down the alley has the attitude I always think of when trooping... He is a BMF!

Don't know how I missed this thread (oh right, I've been swamped), but I have something to add.

I once read somewhere, and I'm sorry that I can't cite a reference to this, that the actor inside the move along trooper (in Tunisia) had set a tea cup on the pauldron, and it had left a ring/sticky area, and stuff had just stuck to it.

I've had a circular ring on my pauldron for a few years now, but now I'd like to go back and figure out where in the heck I'd read about this.

Looks like a sticker that was removed and the left over adhesive has taken to the weathering more. I would have said it is weathering but the fact that it appears on two is too coincidental.

i photoshoped all reference up and down over and over again, but a removed sticker seems to be the best explanation for me too!

I once read somewhere, and I'm sorry that I can't cite a reference to this, that the actor inside the move along trooper (in Tunisia) had set a tea cup on the pauldron, and it had left a ring/sticky area, and stuff had just stuck to it.

yea me too,TDH maybe? Worth one pauldron to be crussified? You know.............in the name of science? :D:P:lol:

Imperial Coffee Stain..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: