Quick Question

ive been building a second set of TD armor. and forgot about something i saw a while back.

can anyone identify what is on Vadermakers left shoulder bell?

Posted Image

i assume it is some kinda identification from his garrison or detachment.

i remember seeing something like this from the OLG if i remember right!

it´s definatly nothing screenaccurate!

UKG is the only garrison to have such an item, and the only garrison specific modification that seems tolerated by the Legion at large.

Then again, the UKG sets a higher bar for the TK costume than the Legion at large

UKG is the only garrison to have such an item, and the only garrison specific modification that seems tolerated by the Legion at large.

Then again, the UKG sets a higher bar for the TK costume than the Legion at large

not quite sure what you mean by all that? tollerated by the legion? doesnt the MEPD set the standards for TD's?

not quite sure what you mean by all that? tollerated by the legion? doesnt the MEPD set the standards for TD's?

Yes. No.

1. Legion costume standards are not set by detachments. Detachments can make recommendations however. Legion standards are reviewed and voted on by the Legion Council.

2. Each detachment has the ability to create higher standards for an award system, but cannot enforce them for membership to that detachment (e.g. if you're a 501st approved TD, technically you're part of that detachment even if you're not MEPD). MEPD, FISD, and BSN all have such standards. Again, these are optional and not mandatory for detachment membership. These are 100% under the control of that particular detachment, and the greater Legion has no say in them.

3. The UKG has adopted a modification to their standard TK suits to include the decal on the left shoulder bell, and - AFAIK - this is mandatory for UKG TD's and TK's (unless at a canon event, where they need to be removed). Also - AFAIK - they are the only garrison to have such an item. Lastly, AFAIK, it's the only garrison specific modification that no one seems to mind, e.g. no one calls a UKG TK as something "less" for having it.

oooh, ok. makes sence. i thought it meant something else. as i have many "further" mods to my TD that arent on the CRL requirements, as i've met the current requirements. just made further modifications.

thanks for clearing that up.

the decal is a simple aurebesh "brand" simply saying "UKG".

When we get one of these it is considered a momentous occasion on a par with getting your legion i.d.

It also means that any troopers at an event are easily recognisable as UKGarrison.

Its the only non canon addition to any of my kits and i'm extremely proud of it. When i got my first costume branded as being officially a part of the UKGarrison i was chuffed to bits.

i think because its very simple and understated it works. If the brand had contained a Union Jack flag or something garish it would be a different story.

You wont find any other patches, decals or non canon items on our costumes and i think that becaue we're so nit picky about accuracy, down to the last greeblie on any costume, we've allowed ourselves to be identifiable this way.